Game Plan for Mizzou

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n82443 said:
If we score first; defense relaxes and gives up huge play to even the game. If we happen to get up by more than one score, offense turns ball over AND defense relaxes until the game is tight again.

If they score first; the offense tenses-up, freaks out, and we deploy Kyle Christie as a punting machine and secret weapon. We'll play great defense as long as we're behind, as soon as we score, defense will relax and game will hang in the balance.

Game will go down to the wire, a la Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, who knows who'll win when it's all said and done?

There's your game plan, any other questions?

Amazing capture of our 2014 playing technique, DC.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n81962 said:
Very few played similar tactics. LSU did in 2012 and 2013. Missouri also did in 2013. Saban for all his genius only did it in spots. When he didn't he got burned. I watched fairly closely and was amazed at what some of these million dollar coordinators tried to do. Just left me shaking my head.

Serious question Coach, Have you watched fairly closely at what some of OUR highly paid coordinators do? And if so, how frequently has it left you just shaking your head?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n82443 said:
If we score first; ; the offense tenses-up, freaks out, and we deploy Kyle Christie as a punting machine and secret weapon.
There's your game plan, any other questions?

:lmao:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n82525 said:
If we are playing a QB composed enough to toss a middle screen to KT it would probably go for 20 or so. KT tore them up last year on limited carries. Also would it hurt to try and run to the outside-toss sweeps a few times ?? Get rid of the useless TE's unless they are going to spread Goolsby outside to unclutter the box and go to some 2 back stuff using Joyer to lead block or motion Jones out of the backfield and get him the ball when he's in there with KT or BP. Maybe a little more misdirection in the running game and a reverse or 2 with Debose to keep them honest on defense. Try Showers or Bailey in the slot please.

We need to see Joyer. He may not fit Roper's offense but it is a misuse of talent to let that beast ride the pine. The thing that Dan Mullen did when he got here was use the talent that was available while building the talent he wanted/needed to run his preferred style. To not use Joyer is a crime. Why the hell wouldn't we have used him as a lead blocker on the 2 yard line against LSU or even give him the damn ball down there???

Why no Showers, no Bailey, no more Debose??? There is speed, speed, speed available but no thanks, we'll just stick with Pitmnan. It MIGHT make sense if he had the surest hands on the field but we all know that's not the case.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n82570 said:
We need to see Joyer. He may not fit Roper's offense but it is a misuse of talent to let that beast ride the pine. The thing that Dan Mullen did when he got here was use the talent that was available while building the talent he wanted/needed to run his preferred style. To not use Joyer is a crime. Why the hell wouldn't we have used him as a lead blocker on the 2 yard line against LSU or even give him the damn ball down there???

Why no Showers, no Bailey, no more Debose??? There is speed, speed, speed available but no thanks, we'll just stick with Pitmnan. It MIGHT make sense if he had the surest hands on the field but we all know that's not the case.

I agree. Mullen implemented the FB to help Leak during a bye week and it was all the difference. No reason you can do what you want offensively but why not utilize him.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n82570 said:

I am not sure but I don't see any offensive folks who change their offense to fit the talent but rather insist that the talent fit their system. Basically foolish in my opinion, and I do wonder why a FB is not employed or even an OL in the backfield to boot. We did see a power formation in the past near the goal line not that long ago and since I know about it Roper should as well. Line up and get your blocks and let the QB or RB pick the spot. If you block they can't stop this easily if at all.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Treon seems to be the better vertical thrower. So let him chuck it around a bit when he's in there. They say he makes plays, let him make plays. Don't need a handoff guy.
Actually Champ told Roper he didn't want Harris just handing it off against EMU. Hopefully he has the same mindset today.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's hilarious to read game plans being discussed as if Champ will ever do anything outside of his nature... which has been and will always be pig headed buffoonery.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n82580 said:
I agree. Mullen implemented the FB to help Leak during a bye week and it was all the difference. No reason you can do what you want offensively but why not utilize him.

I know. I realize that even the NFL is using a "true fullback" less these days but Joyer is a NFL caliber fullback; and we can't find a way to get him on the field...even on 1st and goal from the 2 yard line. Lunacy.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n82600 said:
I am not sure but I don't see any offensive folks who change their offense to fit the talent but rather insist that the talent fit their system. Basically foolish in my opinion, and I do wonder why a FB is not employed or even an OL in the backfield to boot. We did see a power formation in the past near the goal line not that long ago and since I know about it Roper should as well. Line up and get your blocks and let the QB or RB pick the spot. If you block they can't stop this easily if at all.

I don't know, Vulcan. It seems like Mullen and Meyer get a lot of credit for tailoring their offense for Leak and company until it finally evolved into what they wanted it to look like with Tebow, Harvin and company. Isn't that what good coaches do? Adjust to work with the talent they have.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n82570 said:
We need to see Joyer.
The guy can tote the rock also.....I'm not sure if anybody remembers back in 2011 we used to give him 2-4 carries a game and he did quite well. I'm not sure why Pease never let him touch the ball, all he did was block in 2012 & 2013 which he did well. This year he's just on special teams......What a waste.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our gameplan will remain unchanged.

Kyle-Christy-390x220.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n82580 said:
I agree. Mullen implemented the FB to help Leak during a bye week and it was all the difference. No reason you can do what you want offensively but why not utilize him
I'm beginning to wonder if any of our coaches watch game film of our offense.... At least using a FB would give us a different look. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but it seems like we are using the same formation over and over since the 2nd half of the UK game. Is it any wonder that some of our running plays get stuffed before they get started.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n82677 said:
I don't know, Vulcan. It seems like Mullen and Meyer get a lot of credit for tailoring their offense for Leak and company until it finally evolved into what they wanted it to look like with Tebow, Harvin and company. Isn't that what good coaches do? Adjust to work with the talent they have.

Yes during an off week they made adjustments, if you and I understand this coaches who make a lot of money surely must understand it as well. If I was a big time Bull Gator Champ would be answering these types of questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator