Recruiting Gardner gets into Twitter argument with prospect Fuller, who threatens to cancel official visit

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
On twitter of all things this seems to be a trend where players fans and recruits get into a conversation and it affects the outcome of a recruiting class

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
English along with more details please?

*edit* the thread title has been modified to make much more sense now.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Chauncey replied to fuller on twitter when he said he wanted a pair of the Jordan’s the players received for Christmas and he asked if Fuller signed with us and it deteriorated from there

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This should be in the recruiting thread. I don’t know why this would be made a thread. But let’s see how this goes...

:popcorn:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Ah ok. So Fuller = Quashon Fuller, an FSU commit at defensive end who has an official visit with UF scheduled for 1/11/19.

He got in a twitter argument with Chauncey Gardner over some shoes the football team got for Christmas and now he wants to cancel his official visit.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Ah ok. So Fuller = Quashon Fuller, an FSU commit at defensive end who has a official visit with UF scheduled for 1/11/19.

He got in a twitter argument with Chauncey Gardner over some shoes the football team got for Christmas and now he wants to cancel his official visit.
Demands free schit over the internet? This guy is perfect for the Noles

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I guess my original idea was the direct impact that social media between fans and players has on recruiting...it’s kind of touchy to tell someone to stay off of it but it’d be a shame to lose recruits over players and fans getting into it over a tweet. If it’s off topic for a thread I apologize but don’t post too often and I was kind of shocked by these things happening on twitter to the point of kids cancelling visits as I’ve never heard of this before

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I guess my original idea was the direct impact that social media between fans and players has on recruiting...it’s kind of touchy to tell someone to stay off of it but it’d be a shame to lose recruits over players and fans getting into it over a tweet. If it’s off topic for a thread I apologize but don’t post too often and I was kind of shocked by these things happening on twitter to the point of kids cancelling visits as I’ve never heard of this before
I don't see the need for an apology. Glad you posted it. And, in general, I agree with your position. However, in this case, Fuller may or may not be a loss. If we want our players to recruit, I guess we must take the good with the bad.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On twitter of all things this seems to be a trend where players fans and recruits get into a conversation and it affects the outcome of a recruiting class
an actual link to the tweet would be awesome, since no one knows wtf you are talking about

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So someone committed to Free Shoes University is asking for free shoes? FSU is going to give that boy some side show Bob swag.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Did fans get into it with him as well? Were they defending UF? I hate when people say fans affect recruiting like those nut jobs at Swamp Ass saying that recruits read internet forums and then base their commit on what fans are saying. Dumbest shyte ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.