Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: #1 overall seed

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So far Kowar is getting knocked around and our outfielders are playing like :kiffin:

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
This sucks donkey teets so far. Gotta get out of this inning and quit sleepwalking with the bats or this season could suddenly come to an end with two losses to FAU. Ugh!

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Kowar is a high draft pick? This guy is getting roughed up like a guy in an alley after midnight.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Also, the damn rain killed any advantage we would have had from having FAU play two games in one day.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Sully could have managed a run in 3rd, but no suprise we swing away with runner on second no outs and 9 hold up.

Then again, whats 1 run

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If there’s a game 2, I think I go with Byrne to start. He can easily go 4-5 in pinch, and I don’t like the idea of this offense playing from behind. Maybe I’m loco though

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
If there’s a game 2, I think I go with Byrne to start. He can easily go 4-5 in pinch, and I don’t like the idea of this offense playing from behind. Maybe I’m loco though

It would be leftwich or butler

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have to hand it to FAU. They are hitting the ball on the ground and they are hitting it where it is pitched. Add to that A superior horrendous defensive effort and it is easy to see we trail big. I will be out there for the 2nd game and I agree it will be Leftwich to start. Butler could go 2 innings, Mace could go 3 or more, Byrne 3+ and Dyson is still in play, tho I have no confidence in him.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I was just thinking all these two innings are good for is getting someone hurt. Lets start game 2 already

How about Duke, just knocked out UGA

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well that might have been out last shot. We put 2 on with one out in the 8th and Brady Smith strikes out on 5 pitches and NEVER took the bat off his shoulder. Horvath then popped out. Must pick up the intensity in game 2. And when we do swing you can't try and hit a ball 500ft. when the pitcher is throwing 70 mph. oh great another Gator error. I am with DZ lets just get to the winner take all game

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I've been saying for quite a while that this team has not been playing good baseball for the last 5-6 weeks. Defense has gotten real shaky, pitching other than Singer has been erratic and the hitting has fallen off quite a bit. I'm very nervous about the winner take all game tonight. FAU has probably used up their pitchers, but they're swinging the bad and are playing loose. My guess is Sully starts Dyson. he was clutch last year in the post season and is fresh after rehabbing a shoulder. But this is a game for Johnny Wholestaff and he can't wait to long to go to the bullpen as much as he needs.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I am worried also, not sure we can adjust to the 80mph pitches. Boy, our starter will need to be good early. As for Smith, he needs to sit this one out. No effort at first and as FF said, never took bat off shoulder.

Lets go boys, win or go home

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
FAU must have no pitchers left and hope they have used up their bats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb