Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF hosts scrotUM

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Gators beat scUM 4-1 to win series. While I hate losing a game to those bastards, it warms the heart to know they got their hopes up after game 1 that they could finally win a series from us, only to put them back in their place at the bottom of the piss bucket.

Last edited:

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
How 'bout that Gator baseball team??!!! Lost 3 straight and looked pathetic, especially on offense. Then cranked it up the last 3 innings Sat. night to win 9-3; then came back today and got great pitching to win 4-1 and take the series from UM.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Stupid ass douche bag Miami players acting like they won the CWS when their batter hits a solo HR to tie the game at 1 apiece.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well Ocala said it best as the team righted the ship after losing 3 consecutive games and looking pathetic in so doing, they found something late Saturday nite and played fairly well today to come back and take the series, a huge accomplishment coming off Friday nite. scrotUM is not top 10 but they are much improved and just doing some little things like hitting the ball away from their shifts was a good thing to see. Today's 4-1 finale was not what I expected as the wind was howling straight out to left field and I figured we were in for one of those 13-12 games back in the aluminum bat days. Leftwich was okay, not great. Gave up a monster solo home run into the teeth of the wind to right field, and then dug his own hole by walking the 8 and 9 hitters back to back before escaping that potential problem. Lots of pitches, but Butler had an excellent 3 innings and handled those 2 very good left handed hitters twice each!!!!! A successful weekend for this bunch, but still a long way to go both with some individuals (Matt Damon for example) and as a team.

And in closing, as always

https://archive.org/download/neil-rogers-show-soundboard/hurricanes.mp3

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I think the weekend pitching is fine, especially if Dyson comes around or they move Mace to Friday, Leftwich to Saturday and put Dyson or a freshman on Sunday. Butler is a solid reliever and Crisp look likes a great new closer. 4 saves already as a 17 year old!! Smith played better defense Sat. & Sun. but he looks lost at the plate. The JC transfer may end up being the guy back there, but Smith proved last year that he can hit big time pitching. The infield will get better and better as they get used to playing together. Acton & Fabian are solid defenders and their bats will come alive. Calilao looks like the real deal at 1st. Langworthy & Dalton, also, have proven their ability to hit big time pitching and their averages will start to steadily climb. Langworthy got off to a slow start last year, but he got it going. The main question I have is midweek starters. With the schedule Florida plays, those midweek game are difficult and it takes solid pitching to win 'em. All the in-state teams we play, plus 3 with FSU, you better have quality pitching or you're going to get beat.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think the weekend pitching is fine, especially if Dyson comes around or they move Mace to Friday, Leftwich to Saturday and put Dyson or a freshman on Sunday. Butler is a solid reliever and Crisp look likes a great new closer. 4 saves already as a 17 year old!! Smith played better defense Sat. & Sun. but he looks lost at the plate. The JC transfer may end up being the guy back there, but Smith proved last year that he can hit big time pitching. The infield will get better and better as they get used to playing together. Acton & Fabian are solid defenders and their bats will come alive. Calilao looks like the real deal at 1st. Langworthy & Dalton, also, have proven their ability to hit big time pitching and their averages will start to steadily climb. Langworthy got off to a slow start last year, but he got it going. The main question I have is midweek starters. With the schedule Florida plays, those midweek game are difficult and it takes solid pitching to win 'em. All the in-state teams we play, plus 3 with FSU, you better have quality pitching or you're going to get beat.

Good capsule, although I am not sold on the weekend starters being consistent just yet. Don't get me wrong I like Mace and Leftwich and Leftwich got Sunday starts last year, but both have a penchant to walk guys at times and also get their pitch counts up even when not walking guys. But with more experience I think they both get better and they are already pretty good. I have been on record since pre season that Dyson will not be the Friday nite starter by conference season. You can't be dipping into your bullpen in the 4th or 5th inning every Friday nite and hope to win a bunch of 3 game sets. I understand moving him to Sunday, but actually I think i would move him to Saturday for this. I would not want to totally deflate his already suspect psyche anymore than I have to b/c he thought he was going to be the horse since Singer and Kowar are gone. Also if you can get off to a good start on Friday he can pitch more relaxed up 1-0. However if maybe we are 1-1 going into Sunday, he might feel a little more pressure. Of course winning on Friday is most important for my view to have success.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators have now WON the season series vs Miami 9 out of the last 10 years. Talk about OWNED and DESTROYED!! That is ALLLLL on SULLY too. In Sully We Trust baby! Go Gators!!

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Does anybody know what happened to Andrew Baker? Why is he not on this seasons roster? I also noticed he wasn't anywhere on the field on Friday and Saturday. I kept asking my son why we don't see Baker. He guessed that he was in the bullpen.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Does anybody know what happened to Andrew Baker? Why is he not on this seasons roster? I also noticed he wasn't anywhere on the field on Friday and Saturday. I kept asking my son why we don't see Baker. He guessed that he was in the bullpen.
Baker isn't on the 2019 Gator roster. Don't know what happened to him. I know Keenan Bell transferred to the Univ. of Tampa and Shane Shifflett transferred to the State College of Florida in Bradenton. But I can't find what happened to Baker.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Baker was there in the fall both pitching and hitting. I also noticed he was not on the team in the Long Beach Series. Talked to a few people and apparently he has gone elsewhere to play. Not sure if it was a mutual thing like with Bell, Shifflet etc., but I heard that grades were the issue with Baker, but could not confirm.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Baker was there in the fall both pitching and hitting. I also noticed he was not on the team in the Long Beach Series. Talked to a few people and apparently he has gone elsewhere to play. Not sure if it was a mutual thing like with Bell, Shifflet etc., but I heard that grades were the issue with Baker, but could not confirm.
I just found this on Baker's Twitter page:
Andrew Baker @Drewtastical35 Jan 24

Excited to say the I will be playing for IMG Academy Post Grad team this spring! Thank you Gator Nation for the constant love and support these past 2 years!

Andrew Baker @Drewtastical35 Feb 14

“Some people said I couldn’t do it and did it” #TTP #SmoothLIVIN @ IMG Academy 1:33 PM - 14 Feb 2019

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Gators at JU. Losing 4-3 in top of 4th.
Alintoff has given up two monster 2 out doubles.

The most interesting thing so far has been Dalton and Sully both got run in the top of the 3rd. Dalton didn’t like a strike call and laid his head back and looked up. Didn’t say anything, did nothing but lay his head back and blue tossed him. No warning at all. Sully comes out and gets run as well. Total little man look at what I can do BS.

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
Top 5 and Gators had men on the corners with one out. And nothing.

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
Clutch hitting in top of 7th and tied up now.

This JU Coach is serious about winning this game; pitcher seven or eight now. I’ve lost count.

Update on the dual ejection; upon further review Dalton drew a line in the dirt after the bad strike. I totally missed that.

MADGator

Jan 28, 2015
Fabian with a rocket double. Acton was running on the pitch and scored from first. Looks like Fabian missed a sign and tried to stretch it into a triple and was out easily. Bell gave him a talking to.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators pull it out in the 10th. Not playing up to their potential right now, but it's a long season. I'm sure Sully is easing the new guys into their roles and will hopefully have his clicking going down the meaningful stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.