Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF hosts Winthrop

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
We'll have a better idea in 3 weeks how good the team really is or can be. After this weekend's series with Yale we've FSU & 3 games with Miss. St. then Jacksonville at home, then go to Vanderbilt for 3 games, play FSU in Jacksonville and then host Alabama for 3. Tough stretch upcoming and that will tell how good our weekend guys really are, see if we can play better than our current .966 fielding %, and see if the bats can continue getting better against higher quality pitching. Jacob Young is hitting over .440 since he's been put in the lineup, McConnell is now hitting .386, Calilao is at .367 with 19 RBI's, Maldanado is up to .321, Fabian is at .298 and Action is at .277. Veterans Will Dalton (.224), Langworthy (,190) and Matt Damon (.138) are still struggling. Is the leap in our team BA to .286 an anomaly based on the Winthrop series or are the bats ready for prime time? O'Sullivan has a proven ability to mold each team and I'm confident we will have another very good season. How good remains to be seen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am certainly not surprised that Dyson got bumped and I doubt Ocala, DZ, etc. or any other baseball followers are surprised. Give these guys a weekend before the SEC starts to adjust to the rotations. Now lets hope this allows Dyson to find the strike zone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb