Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF vs. Miss. St.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Does this game remind anyone of McIlwain blowing off the bowl game? I don't think that we survive the regional.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Many will say the Miss. St. series means nothing, that they needed it more than we did. But I'm getting concerned that we peaked too early and teams just can't turn it back on when they want to. We're only 9-7 in our last 16 games, 9-8 if we lose tonight. The defense has been shaky, JJ has been exposed a bit behind the plate, baserunning has been very poor and most of the bats have cooled off. Schwartz is the only one who has been on a hot streak and he's not looked good in Starkeville. Langworthy and Liput have been pretty steady at the plate, but Maldanado, India, Dalton, Smith, Reese & Horvath are all in various degrees of batting slumps. Each have had a good game now and then, but the overall trend has been down. Can they get it going in the post season? Absolutely. But I think there's legitimate cause for concern because they'll have a giant-sized target on the backs and the pressure will on these guys to not only get to Omaha, but to win it all.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
12-3 Miss st. middle of the game. Just got home and we must have really stunk up the joint. Even tho singer was a late scratch, we must have totally mailed it in.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
JJ took a foul tip off the hand, it didn't look good.

Heard it was his throwing hand. Defensively it will not make a difference b/c he has a terrible arm anyway and can't throw a runner out trying to steal. However I certainly hope he will not affect him swinging a bat come tourney time.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Singer scratched from Friday night's game due to a hamstring issue, supposedly minor. Leftwich gets the nod and gives up 2 in the bottom of the 1st.

I was curious about that when i read the box score. Thanks..

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well, we score 1 in the top of 1st to begin Game 3, but leave the bases loaded and Cowbell has alreday bitch slapped Kowar for 4 runs in the bottom of the 1st and we trail 4-1 with one out in the bottom of the 1st. Appears to be another long day!

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Not a good weekend, we fixing to see the mental toughness. This is where you would like to get hot, but we have been hot all year up to this series.

The key is not to panic

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So we cut the lead to 4-3 but in the bottom of the 3rd, Cowbell is whacking the ball like it is sitting on a tee. Down 6-3 and MSU still batting in the 3rd. Hard to watch and not b/c we trail. Just look lazy and lethargic all weekend.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Greenfield, subbing for JJ today at catcher just hits a 2 run jack to cut the lead 6-5 off some t ball pitcher. JJ who, LOL? just kidding Greenfield can throw, but can't hit usually, so this is a nice surprise.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators trail 7-6 after 6 innings. We get 2 on with no outs in top 6th and can only score 1. MSU loads bases in bottom 6th and only scores 1, so guess it is kind of a wash. All 7 runs belong to Kowar. We need Indy and Dalton to find their bats. Indy has had an awful series

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
we trail 9-6 still in bottom 8th. Looks like we gonna be swept I am out!

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I’m really concerned. You can’t blow off a series and end the season on a 3 game losing streak, your closer getting blown up every game and the team losing confidence in general. I get the Thursday night start trying to luck into one but then Friday night you have to go out there and give them the dagger. As soon as you give them two games in hand the have all the momentum and belief they’re going for the sweep and your team is all of the sudden vulnerable. Hopefully I’m overacting and Sully is a master that has this team dialed in.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
9-9 over their last 18 games, too many mental mistakes, errors, base running blunders, strikeouts ticking up, most batting averages slipping down and their last 2 outings, Jordan Butler and Michael Byrne have not looked good at all. Byrne just got pounded in Starkeville. Not the way you want to head to the post season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator