Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF vs. Missouri

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Top ranked UF plays host to Mizzou this weekend at the MAC. I realize that the baseball series will not be mentioned b/c of the football practice, but this series will conclude at the halfway mark of the conference season. UF leads the SEC at 9-3 and is coming off taking 2 of 3 at Tinerc in a difficult weather environment. Even tho we played poorly in the Sunday DH, UF bounced back nicely with a good performance 48 hours later with a win at SOW and a series sweep over the :nole::nole:. Mizzou enters the weekend at 6-6 in the conference and is coming off losing 2 of 3 at home to a mediocre Alabama team in which the Tigers managed a total of 3 runs all weekend. Mizzou is paced by good starting pitching and pitched well enough to win each game last weekend, but could not score. They have a highly regarded prospect going on Saturday. Good chance for the Gators to begin to separate from the pack with a good weekend. Go Gators!!

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gators. good time to show your metal. Have immense fun guys = runs amok.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Schedule change due to weather predicted on Sunday. Saturday will be a DH and the game time has been moved up an hour and will start at 4pm. Will be a long day at the MAC but hopefully will be fruitful.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Up 3-1 in the bottom of the 8th. Been a pitcher's dual to this point apparently, as I can't see it.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Solid pitching by Singer, then Butler, with Byrne being Byrne in the 9th. Clutch 2-out 2 strike double by Dalton to drive in the 2nd & 3rd runs in the bottom of the 8th.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I thought last year's team was outstanding defensively and that the pitching was absolutely top-notch. The hitting was fairly average until the post season, and we all know what happened then. This year's team is still very strong defensively and on the mound, no two ways about it. But the hitting is significantly improved overall, and especially so in the clutch. IMO,his is not just the best team in the country, this may be one of the best teams in recent years - period. Someone help me out here - who have you seen in recent memory that was more complete or more consistent? That's not a rhetorical question, I mean it - who has been better in modern times, at the mid-point of the season, than these guys? I know there have been some great teams, but who was actually better? Please advise.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its only the middle of the season so we can't crown ourselves National Champs like UCF does. Gotta play out the season and stay hot. Only takes one cold weekend and you are done. Go Gators!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good pitching duel last nite as we just could not seem to get to the Mizzou starter, but Dalton's timely double after an intentional walk to Indy was huge. Came off their bullpen after we finally were able to get their starter out. Singer's line was decent, but his pitch count was very high from the get go. Game would have been over in just over 2 hours had Singer not walked the first two batters of the game. He also had a lot of 3 ball counts. I know Mizzou scratched out only one hit off Singer (one also off Butler), but they can;t hit a lick. However to their credit they did foul off a lot of pitches also causing pitch count to rise. First game of DH today starts at 4pm with another good pitching match up. Going to be a late nite at the Mac!

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
The main thing that drives me crazy watching college baseball & softball is the inconsistent strike zone from game to game and umpire to umpire. One night a great softball pitcher will be "hitting the corners" and walking hardly no one. The next time she pitches with a different ump the same pitches are called balls and she walks 8 or 9. Same in baseball. Got to be frustrating to the players and coaches if it bothers us fans.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Now 8-2, nobody out.. 7 straight reached base in seventh...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I thought last year's team was outstanding defensively and that the pitching was absolutely top-notch. The hitting was fairly average until the post season, and we all know what happened then. This year's team is still very strong defensively and on the mound, no two ways about it. But the hitting is significantly improved overall, and especially so in the clutch. IMO,his is not just the best team in the country, this may be one of the best teams in recent years - period. Someone help me out here - who have you seen in recent memory that was more complete or more consistent? That's not a rhetorical question, I mean it - who has been better in modern times, at the mid-point of the season, than these guys? I know there have been some great teams, but who was actually better? Please advise.

The two Oregon State teams that won back to back were great teams. Other than that, this team is right up there. Maybe the Vandy team from a few years ago?

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Missouri's lefty starters have given us fits. Once they went to the bullpen, last night and today, we hit the ball much better. Tore it up today actually. They have another lefty going tonight, so it could be a tight game for awhile, just like the 1st games. I just hope Dyson finds his control and doesn't give too much away. Missouri isn't a very good offensive team, but when you give up free passes like Dyson's been doing of late, we can lsoe to anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.