Gator Basketball Gator Basketball Postseason Discussion Thread: Gators a 10 seed

Should Mike White be fired?

• Yes

Votes: 52 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 120 69.8%

• Total voters

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
White guided these basketball players 2/3rds the season to worshiping the 3-pt arc. When they started driving, going in towards the rim, they became a better team. Earlier than that, posters here mentioned that not going inward as the real lack in this team -- realized it before the coach??

No one can know certain player's useful peak if coaching doesn't "stretch" his abilities by pounding it in in practices, again and again until it works - that's development. None of us can know if a different coach could have developed Hayes better, could have kept Allen & Hudson ascending instead of descending. But an observational suspicion surely should be allowed.

If White's right, next year's team should be balanced with inside/out efforts. White's offense should have multiple cutters and the ball handlers should rarely waste an open cutter. This year, our inside shots were devoid of the know-how other team's players have about "kissing" the ball off the backboard. We shot too many "clangers". I saw no evidence our guys had any idea or training in smart use of the glass.?? Development is required, that's all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reading this post you'd find it impossible to believe the Gators are a 2-time NC winning program and have been to the Final Four a boatload of times. There are banners hanging all over the O-dome.

"Just getting in" is a "good look for the program"? :crazy:

This season has been disappointing to say the least. But my point is that making the tournament vs the nit is so much better, optics wise.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter to me that we're in ugly, we're in. And the one certain thing about the NCAA Tourney, is that anything can happen. We've, literally, all seen it. I'm not pumping this inconsistent bunch we have this year, but when they're good, well..they're pretty good.. Let's just have fun. Go Gators.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This season has been disappointing to say the least. But my point is that making the tournament vs the nit is so much better, optics wise.
My point is that I should have banned you for life years ago.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
81%2BOxb4ttpL._SY355_.jpg

Or maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.