Gator County Thoughts of the Week

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n1493 said:
Interesting article http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/thoughts-week-june-7-june-13/

Of the four, Grier has the best arm, Harris has the best speed, Sheriron has the best accuracy, and Driskel has the best vision, although that is not always clear during games

Strange point. I'd say Driskel has the best arm (if he means arm strength) and Grier has far superior vision. In fact, Driskel's vision and awareness is among the worst I've ever seen at this level. I haven't seen enough of Sheriron to comment. I'll be quite happy if he is more accurate than Grier.

Skyler looked greatly improved in the Spring Game. He was called very accurate by the last staff and Roper says he likes the most accurate QB he can find. I won't be surprised to see substantial minutes from Skyler when Driskell melts down or gets hurt.
I'd say Driskel has the best arm and straight-line speed, Grier has the quickest release, Harris has the best agility. and I don't know **** about Sheriron.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
re Morninwood never getting another meaningful snap. I would have thought that also after last year and their obvious lack of confidence in him. However, I think we have already seen Grier getting no practice time even. When he is on the field he gets to throw to a bunch of guys wearing number 30 and 31 who are listed as WR/RB/S. This is basically the same treatment that Taylor got last year. No chance to compete for the position because the depth chart was pre-ordained. I fully expect to see Treon getting the Taylor/Grier treatment also.

And Skyler did look better. No worse than Driskel, for sure. There is no reason to think when they say that Skyler is 2nd on the depth chart that they don't mean it. Sorry for all of you who think Treon and Grier will get a chance to play.
I have to believe that WM doesn't have a clue what would give him the best chance of winning or he would have done it the last three years.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't wait to find out.. :chomp:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n1493 said:
Interesting article http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/thoughts-week-june-7-june-13/

Of the four, Grier has the best arm, Harris has the best speed, Sheriron has the best accuracy, and Driskel has the best vision, although that is not always clear during games

Strange point. I'd say Driskel has the best arm (if he means arm strength) and Grier has far superior vision. In fact, Driskel's vision and awareness is among the worst I've ever seen at this level. I haven't seen enough of Sheriron to comment. I'll be quite happy if he is more accurate than Grier.

Skyler looked greatly improved in the Spring Game. He was called very accurate by the last staff and Roper says he likes the most accurate QB he can find. I won't be surprised to see substantial minutes from Skyler when Driskell melts down or gets hurt.
Says the guru with a post count of 31.:jerkit:

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
Law98gator;n1493 said:

Says the guru with a post count of 31.:jerkit:
That emote is hilarious.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n1535 said:
Skyler definitely looked improved. It's really a shame that driskel didn't. You have to wonder whether it's from a lack of effort or if he is just really a slow learner.
Hard to improve much when your leg is broken and you can't practice.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n1502 said:
It's doubtful Morningwhig sees another meaningful snap for the gators.

I can see that coming true except the following scenario.

If Harris comes in and shows he can move the team and make good decisions (which I think he will prove to do) he'll be the #2 QB and will get significant minutes. Now if JD gets hurt and Harris is the starter then I can see Morningwhig getting snaps to preserve Grier's redshirt. If JD has another season ending injury early they will have to burn Grier's redshirt to give him minutes to get up to game speed in case Harris goes down.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator said:
Gatorbait25;n1502 said:
It's doubtful Morningwhig sees another meaningful snap for the gators.

I can see that coming true except the following scenario.

If Harris comes in and shows he can move the team and make good decisions (which I think he will prove to do) he'll be the #2 QB and will get significant minutes. Now if JD gets hurt and Harris is the starter then I can see Morningwhig getting snaps to preserve Grier's redshirt. If JD has another season ending injury early they will have to burn Grier's redshirt to give him minutes to get up to game speed in case Harris goes down.
I can't wait to see Harris start practicing (even if it's just videos). I want to see how he throws the ball in this offense. I think both he and Grier would have done a better job than Morning Wood did last year.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We will have some depth at QB at last. More and better potential that Jacoby (or however you spell his name)

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
Law98gator;n1493 said:

I'd say Driskel has the best arm and straight-line speed, Grier has the quickest release, Harris has the best agility. and I don't know **** about Sheriron.
I agree with everything you said except I think Harris probably has more straight-line speed than Driskel.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
Law98gator;n1493 said:

Driskel is deceptively fast. I would bet that Driskel would barely win in the 40 but Harris would demolish him in the shuttle.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait for practice to start so we can really get into this topic i feel there is so much more to cover

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
I can't wait for practice to start so we can really get into this topic i feel there is so much more to cover
You and me both dude!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Need to also be receiver-rich team, to have rich QBs.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n6052 said:
Need to also be receiver-rich team, to have rich QBs.
We are looking better at both of these positions than we have in a while - Both in numbers and talent.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We might ............ oh, never mind. :jerkit:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
re Morninwood never getting another meaningful snap. I would have thought that also after last year and their obvious lack of confidence in him. However, I think we have already seen Grier getting no practice time even. When he is on the field he gets to throw to a bunch of guys wearing number 30 and 31 who are listed as WR/RB/S. This is basically the same treatment that Taylor got last year. No chance to compete for the position because the depth chart was pre-ordained. I fully expect to see Treon getting the Taylor/Grier treatment also.

And Skyler did look better. No worse than Driskel, for sure. There is no reason to think when they say that Skyler is 2nd on the depth chart that they don't mean it. Sorry for all of you who think Treon and Grier will get a chance to play.
Somebody will be running the scout team and while others might disagree I think that these reps are very important to the success of our team. I don't know who it will be but I hope whoever it is understands the importance and opportunity it presents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.