Gator Defense

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Did anyone notice that after the Burney interception he reached to take his helmet off but stopped himself? I mean we are looking for positives here, right......
They actually lined up much better just didn't finish off tackling like they needed to....UT's offense will press them more than Utah did tonight.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Did anyone notice that after the Burney interception he reached to take his helmet off but stopped himself? I mean we are looking for positives here, right......
They actually lined up much better much just didn't finish off tackling like they needed to....UT's offense will press them more than Utah did tonight.
No one threw a shoe either

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to give the defense too hard a time. Utah has a a good, experienced QB, a really good TE, pretty good RBs, and are overall a well coached team. The defense made plays when it mattered most, and that counts for something.

Yes, there are areas where they can improve, and D-line depth is a concern, but it's too soon to write them off. They looked much improved from last year. Utah scores in the 50s against a Grantham defense.

Also, if Johnson doesn't fumble, then it's a completely different ball game.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Utah is a very tough team and I think this win will look even better as the season goes on. The defense gave up quite a few plays, but I think Utah's tight ends would give trouble to most of the top teams in the country. We have to be a little more stout in our run defense, but we put ourselves in good position to make plays defending the pass quite a few times and could have had multiple picks of Rising. We made key stops when we needed to, which is paramount in a tight game. They will continue to grow as the season goes on. I'm cautiously optimistic about this unit.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
They actually lined up much better just didn't finish off tackling like they needed to....UT's offense will press them more than Utah did tonight.
I noticed that. Good for him.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'll rewatch in slomo tommorrow before I comment.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is what happens when you don't recruit DT's. F u to anyone who bitched about me bitching about DT recruiting the last few years. Fortunately this will be fixed soon. We've got some absolute dogs coming in on the Dline this class.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scheme was solid af. This isn’t Grantham. They’ll improve throughout the year but we need more depth (and talent/experience) at LB. I’m not worried in the least in the long run.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
First game, in a new defense, against an experienced, tough opponent. Not pretty but I expect us to continue to get better under Napier/Toney which is more than we could say under the last clowns.

Also, good to see some turnovers forced finally. That and our DBs played fantastic, don’t recall many receptions given up at all. It was all on our LBs which we knew would be an issue area

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is what happens when you don't recruit DT's. F u to anyone who bitched about me bitching about DT recruiting the last few years. Fortunately this will be fixed soon. We've got some absolute dogs coming in on the Dline this class.
True but the guys committed now will not be ready ready for two seasons.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
No depth. Thought the LBs and DBs played a decent game. Just thought our DL wasn't a factor at all in the game. Rising had plenty of time to find his bff Kiuthe, or however you spell it. It was our first game of the season with a new coaching staff, plenty of negatives to discuss but there was a lot of positives out there too.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
True but the guys committed now will not be ready ready for two seasons.
Yes but some guys like Collins and if Mcdonald. Commits, will be day 1 contributors. We signed 2 last year that should be ready to contribute next year. We'll probably add a few more front 7 guys to this class. But ultimately I agree, we won't be elite upfront until Napier's 3rd year.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No one threw a shoe either
mike meyers who throws a shoe GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.