Gator fan for over 60 years this is the greatest improvement over 4 games I've ever seen

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:fistbump::thumbup: Am i missing a clapping emoji?
Let me assist.
9df.gif

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Welcome aboard Gern. Some of the posters here need the perspective of 0-10-1, fourth and dumb, and 51-squat in the Gatorbowl to understand that "all kinds of weather" is not just an expression. Oh, and Richard Trapp running like a madman. And Wayne "Shade Tree" Barlow kicking a really long field goal. And Larry Smith losing his breeches. FWIW I agree with your assessment of the job our Coach has done so far. Go Gators.
And Larry libatore scambling making something out of nothing !

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Gators will have to play with the same intensity vs vandy or they could get beat ! Vandy should have beaten Notre dame . But we have a coach that brings the whole gator nation together rather than the last 4 coaches that turned players against the fans .

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was not around for 0-10-1 or fourth & dumb. There's a good argument to be made for the OP due to improvement on both sides of the ball. Spurrier's first team was rock solid on defense and had been for quite some time. However the jump in productivity from Donald Douglass to Shane Matthews was about as steep a gradient of improvement as can be imagined for an offensive unit. So I'm just saying, until we whip a top ten team by 40 points and win the SEC outright, pumping the brakes might be in order.

I really like what Dan is doing and in some ways it might even be better than what SOS did through a half season. But he's working with significantly less talent IMO and I think it's best to save the all time accolades until the season is in.
Oh I agree too. I’d not be surprised is we lose another 2 or 3 games. If we lose only one, I’d be tickled pink.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listened to my first Gator game on the AM radio in 58, been a Gator ever since..

:goon:

:pumper:

FVK Jajaw!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I was not around for 0-10-1 or fourth & dumb. There's a good argument to be made for the OP due to improvement on both sides of the ball. Spurrier's first team was rock solid on defense and had been for quite some time. However the jump in productivity from Donald Douglass to Shane Matthews was about as steep a gradient of improvement as can be imagined for an offensive unit. So I'm just saying, until we whip a top ten team by 40 points and win the SEC outright, pumping the brakes might be in order.

I really like what Dan is doing and in some ways it might even be better than what SOS did through a half season. But he's working with significantly less talent IMO and I think it's best to save the all time accolades until the season is in.

Good post but I don’t agree with fans pumping the brakes. If anything, go crazy. Pack the stadium, scream until you can’t. Go all in and have some fun with it. I don’t think this team can beat a top ten by 40 or win the SEC but that should not hold us back. We are creating an environment where that becomes possible. I definitely think it helps recruiting.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Good post but I don’t agree with fans pumping the brakes. If anything, go crazy. Pack the stadium, scream until you can’t. Go all in and have some fun with it. I don’t think this team can beat a top ten by 40 or win the SEC but that should not hold us back. We are creating an environment where that becomes possible. I definitely think it helps recruiting.

I agree with you to a large extent. I would however like to direct you to the 45-3 drubbing we took in 1990 even after manifesting significant improvement. Buy in takes time and, usually, pain. I have a lot of confidence in this staff but Rome simply can't be (re)built in a day. I'm not sure if losing to UK was enough to really secure full buy in. No doubt it helped significantly. Think about Meyer's first year and the Bama game. It took him basically the whole season to get things turned around. Is this current trend too good to be both true and sustainable? I sure hope not.

The other thing about it is we may be learning as much about the teams we face as we are learning about ourselves.

If we whip UGA by 20 I'll gladly eat crow.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I agree with you to a large extent. I would however like to direct you to the 45-3 drubbing we took in 1990 even after manifesting significant improvement. Buy in takes time and, usually, pain. I have a lot of confidence in this staff but Rome simply can't be (re)built in a day. I'm not sure if losing to UK was enough to really secure full buy in. No doubt it helped significantly. Think about Meyer's first year and the Bama game. It took him basically the whole season to get things turned around. Is this current trend too good to be both true and sustainable? I sure hope not.

The other thing about it is we may be learning as much about the teams we face as we are learning about ourselves.

If we whip UGA by 20 I'll gladly eat crow.

Well stated.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Not sure which four he's talking about, the first four or the most recent four, but the 1980 team went 3-1 during either stretch. That was pretty impressive coming off 0-10-1.

Tend to agree. If this improvement trend holds, it will be up there among the best ever at UF. I still doubt we'll see the likes of SOS' 1990 team again... from utter futility in '89 to offensive and defensive juggernaut in 1990. Still probably my favorite team ever. Just waiting to be led to the promised land! My God do I miss those defenses we used to have. Traceable, of course, to the Pell era.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This thread delivers. I dont even feel the need to contribute because it is all so good.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:pe:

Totally agree with the sentiment. No doubt the team is playing better and improving. Mullen deserves all the credit. Huge win on Saturday.

As I sit here eating my buffalo crow sandwich w/ ranch...I still think it's way too early to call this one way or the other. Saturdays are getting more enjoyable and that's pretty f ing awesome.
About as fair an assessment as there is. Im still cautiously optimistic. It definitely feels exciting again but I’m putting the “second coming of SOS or UM” thoughts on hold for a while.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't screw with the :ox2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.