Gator Football Trending Young for 2020 & 2021

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What we need to do then, is run up the score early and start rotating these young guys in so they get experience.

Plus it is a selling point that guys will see the field as soon as they show they are capable

Go Gators

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
What is misleading about the article, at least for offense, is our offensive line will be a veteran unit and freshman skill players can often hop in.

Defense will be the opposite. Very few veterans up the middle. Hope Jones or Richardson a result great and the veteran offensive line positions us to have big leads to take pressure off the defense. (not all that common over Mullen’s 10 years of coaching though).

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What we need to do then, is run up the score early and start rotating these young guys in so they get experience.

Plus it is a selling point that guys will see the field as soon as they show they are capable

Go Gators
The reason why we'll be young in 2020 and 2021 is because we don't have enough young guys now to have enough old guys later. Losing 1/3 of the incoming class before the season starts will do that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Year 3 is going to be a dumpster fire. That was written in stone w our garbage 2017-2018 classes.

We better pull something out of this recruiting class or year 4 wont be much better.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of people that don't follow recruiting probably don't understand the magnitude of this problem. Yeah sure, just play the kids. It's only the SEC. I'm a borderline pumper these days but this will come home to roost and it won't be pretty.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So what some of yall seem to be saying is that in 2020 we are going to be a garbage team? You don't think Mullen and crew will be able to coach up this young crop of studs we have coming in the next few years? :suicide2:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So what some of yall seem to be saying is that in 2020 we are going to be a garbage team? You don't think Mullen and crew will be able to coach up this young crop of studs we have coming in the next few years? :suicide2:
Dude. No one said any of that. I'm nominating you for best supporting actress in a mini series. Geez. You've been around long enough. You know the numbers. It's gonna be tough sledding. Not one person said Mullen cant coach em up or that the team is garbage.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So what some of yall seem to be saying is that in 2020 we are going to be a garbage team? You don't think Mullen and crew will be able to coach up this young crop leftovers
75cc3a43d20dbd.gif

But, no, almost no one would call it a crop of young studs and he will perform like his resume says he will, 4-6 losses.

Last edited:

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I know that the coaches need to seriously re-evaluate the 2020 class to make sure we don't have 4 borderline academic problems like in 2019 and that our #1 & #11 early enrolees don't bail on you. Those many defections can't happen anymore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We choose quality leftovers, talented kids with problems, either academic or criminal, that caused the elite schools to pass, or we grab some 3 star Butters Specials. It is one or the other.

This isnt 1990 or 2005 anymore.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Damn, I'm in the 4th week of extremely painful rehab of a Total Knee Replacement. This thread should help lift my spirits and make me feel better:confused:.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, I'm in the 4th week of extremely painful rehab of a Total Knee Replacement. This thread should help lift my spirits and make me feel better:confused:.

Even the sycofants are beginning to prepare you for how bad iti going to be, afrer telling you."we will probably be a better team but may have more losses this year."

Youd prefer?

0cea5417-e0f8-405c-f3f1-08216346cbe7.png

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Historically year 3 is always trouble at UF and is usually the worst year. I can’t imagine we’ll be worse than the last 2 failures in year 3 but that’s not setting the bar real high

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swonksters says we are going to be a dumpster fire in year 3. What does that mean? 4 wins? 6? Do we give up already? We had a top 10 class this past year after a very surprising 10 win campaign. Now we have another top 10 class lined up and that is a bad thing? Lol I just don't see the doom and gloom and dumpster fire after a 10 win year and a ton of returning talent and excitement coming up this season to build upon. Idk maybe I just see things and life in a more positive view. Definitely not puppy dog tails and rainbows but also definitely not a dumpster fire of nonsense coming up either. Its ok to feel some hope after a 10 win year. Go Gators!! :pumper::chomp:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Swonksters says we are going to be a dumpster fire in year 3. What does that mean? 4 wins? 6? Do we give up already? We had a top 10 class this past year after a very surprising 10 win campaign. Now we have another top 10 class lined up and that is a bad thing? Lol I just don't see the doom and gloom and dumpster fire after a 10 win year and a ton of returning talent and excitement coming up this season to build upon. Idk maybe I just see things and life in a more positive view. Definitely not puppy dog tails and rainbows but also definitely not a dumpster fire of nonsense coming up either. Its ok to feel some hope after a 10 win year. Go Gators!! :pumper::chomp:

No, we didn't have a top 10 class. So far it's around 20th, if the other 3 don't get in it's probably not a top 25 class.

The problem w/ the 2020 season is the heavy DL and replacing the QB and WR's. If we can pull a couple of impact transfers it might be less of a "dumpster fire", if not it will be a full on dumpster fire - which means our over/under will probably be around 7.5 wins (a 4 or 5 loss regular season). I'm sure Mullen will be shopping the transfer market hard - we have a ton of open scholarships now due to the terrible roster management - so I suspect we get at least one WR and one DT/SDE to come on. But I wouldn't expect 2020 to be a special season; 9 regular season wins should get Mullen SEC COY honors.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We need to hit the Portal and JUCO hard.

I am one who thinks we should over recruit and “Gray Shirt” or “Preferred Walk-on” several in reserve BECAUSE almost every year we seem to be in a deficit.

I am NO recruit GURU nor do I play one on TV. Would one of you who seem to up on this please explain this to me? Every season I’m like WTF?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We need to hit the Portal and JUCO hard.

I am one who thinks we should over recruit and “Gray Shirt” or “Preferred Walk-on” several in reserve BECAUSE almost every year we seem to be in a deficit.

I am NO recruit GURU nor do I play one on TV. Would one of you who seem to up on this please explain this to me? Every season I’m like WTF?

Gray Shirt is a kid who is willing to sit out the fall semester and/or enroll in January (of the year after they graduate HS) - and not be on scholarship during the fall, so that he counts towards the next year's class. It's very rare and usually only happens w/ kids who are signing w/ a school above their weight (i.e. a low 3-star kid who should be going to FAU gets offered by UF, but is asked to gray shirt).

A preferred walk-on is even lower.....they aren't even offered a scholarship, but as a PWO they are "guaranteed" to make the team (they don't have to go through the walk-on tryouts). We have several PWO's coming in this year.

Either way, these kids won't make much impact unless they turn out to be a Doering or Oliver type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator