Gator Nation is a Vulnerable Group

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Last night, we saw just how close to the edge Gator fans are sitting. The news of VH III's injury made many of them slip off and crash to the floor. I have tried to remain optimistic; however, I have to admit, I had to get a better grip, because I felt myself slipping. We will face more moments when our mental stability will be questioned, because it's college football. Hopefully, the ball will bounce our way, this year and all will be well in the Universe.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
After last season we should all be ready to "get a grip." :naughty:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I could think of was "if this is serious, we might have to start two true freshmen and those poor kids are going to get criticized for every little mistake they make. Especially from this crowd.:rolleyes:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The last 3 years of watching our football team will do that to a man. The Idaho game seems like a year away. Although reading DC's thread live filled a huge void.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Charlie Strong taught us anything in 2006, with a great pass rush and an eraser, you can win a championship with subpar CBs. I think we are going to have a very good pass rush this year and I'm hoping our safeties (Harris & Washington) can become erasers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n26110 said:
The last 3 years of watching our football team will do that to a man. The Idaho game seems like a year away. Although reading DC's thread live filled a huge void.

Don't get too happy yet. Remember all the good stuff in camp last year.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
How many of you were wishing you had a prescription for Xanax, last night? I know I did! :-)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Vulnerable? We're not vulnerable...we're just tired of losing and want it turned around. We will have injuries, as all teams do, and it's the coaches responsibility to have the back-ups ready to step in and contribute. They did a poor job with that last year and I'm sure they now understand just how critical it is to a good season or a dumpster fire. While none of us want any of our kids injured, it's gonna happen and how they deal with it what matters.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ffs. Injuries happen. You get bad calls. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. We have to be good enough to overcome those things if we expect to get back to winning championships. Enough with the excuses, especially before the season even starts.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
Ffs. Injuries happen. You get bad calls. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. We have to be good enough to overcome those things if we expect to get back to winning championships. Enough with the excuses, especially before the season even starts.
I concur! That was the point I was trying to make. We forget that these things happen, in college football and many fans freak out when bad things happen. Last season has made many "vulnerable" to the "Chicken Little Syndrome". A good season will erase much of that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n26112 said:
If Charlie Strong taught us anything in 2006, with a great pass rush and an eraser, you can win a championship with subpar CBs. I think we are going to have a very good pass rush this year and I'm hoping our safeties (Harris & Washington) can become erasers.

Ryan Smith was a second team all-american at the end of the season and tied for second in the nation for ints (i guess that means he had a subpar season?). He had an excellent year as a College Corner. He wasn't NFL material and neither was Reggie Lewis, but they were solid college corners.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n26113 said:

I agree 100%. I meant I was happy to actually hear (or I guess... read) real football instead of opinion pieces.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Homer J said:
Don't forget about Neal, that kid seems to jar peoples teeth loose in every practice. Not sure how good our safeties will be in coverage but Harris, Neal and Washington will certainly knock someone's you know what in the dirt. DC said Neal hammered Jones last night in his practice update.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
bradgator2 said:
Gator Fever;n26113 said:

I agree 100%. I meant I was happy to actually hear (or I guess... read) real football instead of opinion pieces.
I agree. I'm getting tired of reading the same old regurgitated stories for the last month or so now. Time to let the chips fall where they may and find out who's opinions were the closest to reality. I think all of us Gator fans feel the same whether they're a Doom and Gloomer or a Sunshine Pumper like myself.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
Homer J;n26112 said:

Ryan Smith was a second team all-american at the end of the season and tied for second in the nation for ints (i guess that means he had a subpar season?). He had an excellent year as a College Corner. He wasn't NFL material and neither was Reggie Lewis, but they were solid college corners.
Smith was great for us... I rarely feel confident when the ball is in the air deep and the corner is on an island. But when it was him on the island I was always out of my seat, not b/c I was concerened the reciever would catch it, but b/c I expected Smith to. He was a baller.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
Exactly, all teams have bad things happen. It's how you are prepared to respond that matters. Remember in 06 when meyer announced our best DT (marcus thomas) was dismissed from the team in the middle of the season? Probalby not.... b/c the next guy stepped in and stepped up, and we went on to dominate. No team becomes great without overcoming adversity... ON THE FIELD!!! :)

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We are all desperate for some good football, and hearing about an injury sent us all spiraling into 2013 all over again until we heard the good news. At least it did me. Maybe the fact he is ok is a sign that this is a new year, and we can put 2013 behind us and move forward.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J said:
Right now the starters are listed as Gorman and Maye. What's up with that?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J said:
It's the start of fall practice for gods sake. Quite frankly the depth chart really means squat until the end of camp.And considering how often WM likes playing 3 safeties I don't think it really matters. It's like Cb, we multiple cb's and also rotate at all positions.And yeah Helmet Thomas over on 24/7 said he rocked hi world. Wouldn't doubt a combo of Gorman , Neal and harris back there the majority of the time.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
Agreed Bernardo and others. But also, enough with the doom and gloom, too. We expect the kids to be resilient this year, improving play and production. We need to practice a little of that ourselves. It is a new year despite what the results of 2013 lead us to believe will/may happen individually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.