Gator Nation is a Vulnerable Group

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
Ffs. Injuries happen. You get bad calls. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. We have to be good enough to overcome those things if we expect to get back to winning championships. Enough with the excuses, especially before the season even starts.
Cover 2 - when are you going to write another piece? I really enjoy the stuff you write.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n26389 said:
Terrible for that young man. I never like seeing the players get hurt. Not even our worse rivals. I'd rather beat em with their best on the field.

I agree...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
Ffs. Injuries happen. You get bad calls. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. We have to be good enough to overcome those things if we expect to get back to winning championships. Enough with the excuses, especially before the season even starts.
It is put up or shut up time. Knock knock...that's DOOM at the door.

Chicken Little Syndrome? The sky actually fell.

No one should begrudge anyone that has major skepticism going into 2014.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Losing seven straight, including one to a .500 FCS team, will increase vulnerability.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully when August 30 arrives some of the anxiety will subside.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
Homer J;n26112 said:
If Charlie Strong taught us anything in 2006, with a great pass rush and an eraser, you can win a championship with subpar CBs. I think we are going to have a very good pass rush this year and I'm hoping our safeties (Harris & Washington) can become erasers.

Ryan Smith was a second team all-american at the end of the season and tied for second in the nation for ints (i guess that means he had a subpar season?). He had an excellent year as a College Corner. He wasn't NFL material and neither was Reggie Lewis, but they were solid college corners.
Neither Smith or Lewis would start against the talent we have on campus today. They were both average at best. Smith was slow but he had RFN backing him up.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
Homer J;n26112 said:
If Charlie Strong taught us anything in 2006, with a great pass rush and an eraser, you can win a championship with subpar CBs. I think we are going to have a very good pass rush this year and I'm hoping our safeties (Harris & Washington) can become erasers.

Ryan Smith was a second team all-american at the end of the season and tied for second in the nation for ints (i guess that means he had a subpar season?). He had an excellent year as a College Corner. He wasn't NFL material and neither was Reggie Lewis, but they were solid college corners.
How really does todays vs yesterdays talent defend your comment? That's a rediculous argument. There a number of guys who have come through Florida had great careers, moved on to the NFL who were not as naturally gifted as some of the guys on the roster today. So all of his accomplishments were due to RFN? I guess RFN caught those inceptions or batted those balls away, and just gave them to Smith? They were good college corners and one had an excellent year. As I stated neither was NFL material, but we aren't talking about their NFL careers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator