Gator Nation Podcast - Really Good Podcast

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have really enjoyed this podcast this season and throughout the 2015 season. They have god perspectives, a touch of Gator bias perhaps, but not without some pessimism also. They also have interesting guests on each show. This week they discussed some game theory (one of them enjoys that) and point at the coaches as a big reason for this loss.

I don't have any connection with this podcast, other than being a fan. I encourage you to check them out. Find them at the links below (though I found them through Podcast Addict on my Android phone) or verify them by their brand!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gatornationfbpodcast

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gator-nation-football-podcast/id1035206093?mt=2

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed this. They basically said a lot of what we all think. I like hearing people who aren't afraid to call out the coaches!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think they also point out some things that I haven't heard or read anywhere else. I think some of their perspective is unique and I appreciate that and their sensible approach.

...come to think of it, maybe some around here wouldn't like it.

:snicker:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I think they also point out some things that I haven't heard or read anywhere else. I think some of their perspective is unique and I appreciate that and their sensible approach.

...come to think of it, maybe some around here wouldn't like it.

:snicker:

Totally agree. Very good analysis of WHY the defense struggled in the second half. Gives a lot of light to the tactical side of the game. Will have to listen to these guys more in the future.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It's about time someone posted a podcast worth a shyt around here.

:stickpoke:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could only get through about 2 minutes - for some reason I could not stand the voice of one of the guys and the way he said things. Just rubbed me wrong and I lost interest, and they were still talking about the first half, the good portion of the game.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Best analysis on a podcast I've heard yet! They broke it down pretty damn good especially when they said we stayed in cover 1 man the whole game and refused to switch to zone which is the defense Dobbs has struggled with his whole career. I totally missed we didn't but I started chugging Modelo's once "the comeback" started happening :lol: That's pretty unbelievable Collins didn't know that and didn't switch to it after we starting getting TORCHED in the 2nd half! Like I said in other threads...this piss poor performance is on the staff!

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could only get through about 2 minutes - for some reason I could not stand the voice of one of the guys and the way he said things. Just rubbed me wrong and I lost interest, and they were still talking about the first half, the good portion of the game.

We're sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one. At Gatorchatter, we strive to give our customers the best experience possible. We value your feedback and will be forwarding your comments to our quality assurance department in order to ensure your experience with our products will be satisfactory in the future. We wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

t-gator
Servicer of Customers, Gattorchatter
ggg-jpg.3685

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't get. Can someone post the cliff notes

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Well after listening to this, side hat needs to get flogged. I love that Keiwan Ratliff was a guest.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I can't get. Can someone post the cliff notes

UT and Dobbs have struggled all season against zone coverage and stunting fronts. We played press man all day and did nothing unusual to create pressure. UT went mostly with 4 or 5 receivers and looked to isolate and then pick on Dawson in man coverage. Dobbs only had to make one read before delivering a pass, lessening his potential for confusion. We didn't change coverages and force Dobbs to do what he doesn't do well...read defenses.

There is lots more than that but that is their short version of the 2nd half breakdown on the defensive side.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember that Clown. He was a huge Mustank is the greatest kinda guy. That and the fact that he doesnt know man press from off zone (or understand Saban's matchup zones) tells me I wont spend another second listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator