Recruiting Gator Recruiting: Heading into the Season on Track, Part 1

News

Administrator
Jul 6, 2014
With August finally here, the SEC Network about to premier and the college football season priming to crank up, the recruiting game will be taking a back seat for a while. As the Gators unveil their new offense and attack the new season, rabidly anxious to get back to building on the eye-opening success of 2012 - and forget about the eyesore of 2013 - the recruiting trail will begin to grow over with the kudzu of the season on the field.

Right?

Puhlease. Recruiting never stops, never rests and for this season in particular, never drops an octave below a fever pitch for Gator fans. The...

Read the rest here: Gator Recruiting: Heading into the Season on Track, Part 1

More...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is pretty accurate. We sucked recruiting offense the first two years. We've done well with recruiting offense the last two years. Defense is humming along on the recruiting front. If we suck this year our recruiting will be disastrous but if we do well on the field we will have a top three class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Top 3? That's beyond sunshine pumping. We could go 10-3 and not get to three.

We are sucking in our own backyard and that is really a bad sign. Muschamp has been taking on water for years. This year is the final death blow.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How are we getting schooled in Florida? Please elaborate.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The recruits shouldn't be scared to commit because we have a loser as head coach. That should tell Foley all he needs to know. They have zero faith in our leadership at HBC. That's disturbing. Even the Zooker could get recruits to come here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n28682 said:
The recruits shouldn't be scared to commit because we have a loser as head coach. That should tell Foley all he needs to know. They have zero faith in our leadership at HBC. That's disturbing. Even the Zooker could get recruits to come here.

Of course they do. I think that's pretty well pointed out in the article. If we end up sucking this year, we're toast.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Someone close the door, there's a wind blowing through here!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n28656 said:

We are sucking in our own backyard and that is really a bad sign. Muschamp has been taking on water for years. This year is the final death blow.
land Cowart, CeCe, Holland, Campbell and Ivey and yeah that's probably a top 3 class. You are talking about 2 of the top 5 players in the entire country and another 5* stud in CeCe. That is a monster haul and is very attainable for UF...just need to not suck. Ray Ray is also a very real possibility still and has visited UF since his commitment to Clemson. Just need to be patient to see what happens.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n28682 said:

A lot of these kids haven't committed yet. In fact, the article painstakingly goes over the fact that Muschamp failed to work recruits earlier in the cycle his first two years.

#s 1,3, and 5 are leans to us. #10 Campbell is up in the air. He's been a lean but now people aren't so sure. They've committed to nobody. # 2 Derwin James has been committed to FSU for pretty much 2 years. #4 Tolliver has family connections to LSU but we're still pushing. #8 Gibson isn't going anywhere in state more than likely. He wants to play QB and honestly he sucks at that and we won't offer him that.

So basically out of the Top 10, 4 are leans to us. So 40%. If we have a good year those 4 are coming. The big miss for us has been Cain. He would be a great get and I hate that we keep losing out recruits to Clemson.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
J: It is a serious problem when your backyard talent is afraid of the staff. As much as Foley has done across the board, he may be remembered for not correcting his own costly mistake. He obviously has a lifetime contract(and rightly so) but how can anyone not doubt his ability to pick a head coach in football.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. It effin horrible.

I think Pease (and I started harping on it early in the season) was the major issue with the team last year. The failures in the offense infected the team on every level. And it was just exacerbated by the injuries.

HOWEVER, the head coach is responsible for hiring and the direction of the team. He got away with a putrid offense in 2012, got cocky, and got annihilated in 2013. Never at any point, regardless of injuries, should we ever lose to GS at home.

He should've been fired last year after the Georgia Southern debacle and we could've bitten the bullet last recruiting cycle. The damage would've been minimal to the damage that will incur if we suck ass this year. This class is significantly more loaded than last year's class. Failure in this class will set us back 3 years. Our only hope is that this year exceeds all expectations and Roper turns around the offense. What else do we have but hope? If it ends up being an epic collapse then Foley may be gone with Muschamp.

But I hold out hope that Roper is able to turn this putrid offense around. We have the horses to do it. We just need the scheme and game day play calling. Roper has already significantly impacted Driskel's form and he's brought the long ball back. It looks like we're getting some swagger back. We'll see how this translates to the field in 2 and half weeks.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
T REX;n28682 said:

A lot of these kids haven't committed yet. In fact, the article painstakingly goes over the fact that Muschamp failed to work recruits earlier in the cycle his first two years.

#s 1,3, and 5 are leans to us. #10 Campbell is up in the air. He's been a lean but now people aren't so sure. They've committed to nobody. # 2 Derwin James has been committed to FSU for pretty much 2 years. #4 Tolliver has family connections to LSU but we're still pushing. #8 Gibson isn't going anywhere in state more than likely. He wants to play QB and honestly he sucks at that and we won't offer him that.

So basically out of the Top 10, 4 are leans to us. So 40%. If we have a good year those 4 are coming. The big miss for us has been Cain. He would be a great get and I hate that we keep losing out recruits to Clemson.
You are basically counting on Muschamp to SWEEP whatever is left???

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughable.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
T REX;n28656 said:

land Cowart, CeCe, Holland, Campbell and Ivey and yeah that's probably a top 3 class. You are talking about 2 of the top 5 players in the entire country and another 5* stud in CeCe. That is a monster haul and is very attainable for UF...just need to not suck. Ray Ray is also a very real possibility still and has visited UF since his commitment to Clemson. Just need to be patient to see what happens.
You're counting on Muschamp to sweep what's left...dude is 4-11 vs ranked teams.

Sorry, I don't see it. Patience has nothing to do with it. Lack of talent at the head coaching position has EVERYTHING to do with it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
T REX;n28682 said:

That's the reason they haven't committed anywhere yet. They've publicly stated that they're waiting to see how this season plays out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n28689 said:

I didn't know that Ray Ray was still visiting UF. Doesn't surprise me. I think if we have a good year, he flips back to us. If we get hot on offense, we'll be back in the forefront.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, having no recruits and being #50 in the country... Right on track. The Flipper is going to steal a 3 star from Vandy and Duke. Woot! Flipper gonna flip.

About like a 3-5 (twice) and 4-8 coach is a direction that Foley likes. It's like Alice in Wonderland around here.

Isn't this the same idiot author who says Muschimp was a great hire and is just like Billy Donovan (except for the losing seasons, I guess).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My point is that we should never be in this spot to BEGIN with. Hope and prayer? Yeah, that wins a lot of games(sarcasm).

Even my negative ass has a hard time saying anything but letting Foley go on his own terms for all he's done but that sounds almost Bowden-like. Muschamp has damaged a brand that was hard to damage. FSU peaking right now only makes it that much worse.

IMHO, Muschamp is so far over his head and he gets rocked this year...Foley rides off into the sunset...and Foley's successor picks the new coach.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Law98gator;n28727 said:
Yeah, having no recruits and being #50 in the country... Right on track. The Flipper is going to steal a 3 star from Vandy and Duke. Woot! Flipper gonna flip.

About like a 3-5 (twice) and 4-8 coach is a direction that Foley likes. It's like Alice in Wonderland around here.

Isn't this the same idiot author who says Muschimp was a great hire and is just like Billy Donovan (except for the losing seasons, I guess).

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he flip DRob, Treon Harris, Thomas Holley (who will be a stud) and Worton, who are looking really good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb