Recruiting Gator Recruiting: Heading into the Season on Track, Part 1

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n28327 said:
What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you even read the f**king article? It was about as even handed as you can get. You're so skewed to the negative you can't help but walk around with a black cloud hanging over you all the time. If we have a good season this year you will f**king implode.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
T REX;n28327 said:

Did you even read the f**king article? It was about as even handed as you can get. You're so skewed to the negative you can't help but walk around with a black cloud hanging over you all the time. If we have a good season this year you will f**king implode.
I'll be shocked but happy...

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
T REX;n28327 said:

Yeeeeaaaahhhh.....I'm calling ********. When you can't do anything but bitch and trumpet any negative with glee (and a disturbingly ridiculous number of exclamation points), it tells me that you're "THAT" guy who will never be happy. You can't escape who you are. We've seen it for years.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
T REX;n28327 said:

Blah blah blah...

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
T REX;n28327 said:

I think you mean...

Blah, blah, blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
T REX;n28327 said:

Calm down

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;28731 said:
Law98gator;n28727 said:
Yeah, having no recruits and being #50 in the country... Right on track. The Flipper is going to steal a 3 star from Vandy and Duke. Woot! Flipper gonna flip. About like a 3-5 (twice) and 4-8 coach is a direction that Foley likes. It's like Alice in Wonderland around here. Isn't this the same idiot author who says Muschimp was a great hire and is just like Billy Donovan (except for the losing seasons, I guess).
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he flip DRob, Treon Harris, Thomas Holley (who will be a stud) and Worton, who are looking really good?

He did. Only the Cook loss was bad. Worton for Lane. I'd take that any day. Btw, Worton has been killing it in practice.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
-THE DUDE-;n28689 said:
land Cowart, CeCe, Holland, Campbell and Ivey and yeah that's probably a top 3 class. You are talking about 2 of the top 5 players in the entire country and another 5* stud in CeCe. That is a monster haul and is very attainable for UF...just need to not suck. Ray Ray is also a very real possibility still and has visited UF since his commitment to Clemson. Just need to be patient to see what happens.

I didn't know that Ray Ray was still visiting UF. Doesn't surprise me. I think if we have a good year, he flips back to us. If we get hot on offense, we'll be back in the forefront.
He spent last weekend at Gainesville along with that slot receiver Davis I think, that's committed to Nor Carolina. Also Cece went up Fri to hang with them . Word is that they had a great time and were impressed with the practices. Also Prince was really impressed by his visit too.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002 said:
Law98gator;n28727 said:
Yeah, having no recruits and being #50 in the country... Right on track. The Flipper is going to steal a 3 star from Vandy and Duke. Woot! Flipper gonna flip.

About like a 3-5 (twice) and 4-8 coach is a direction that Foley likes. It's like Alice in Wonderland around here.

Isn't this the same idiot author who says Muschimp was a great hire and is just like Billy Donovan (except for the losing seasons, I guess).

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't he flip DRob, Treon Harris, Thomas Holley (who will be a stud) and Worton, who are looking really good?
Don't mind Law, the truth and he only have a passing acquaintance with one another when he talks about Muschamp or recruiting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just wish the season would get here. Where we are in recruiting right now means absolutely dick. It's this simple either we have a great season obviously muschamp stays and we will have another top 5 class considering who we are in contention with. If we have a bad or even mediocre season muschamp is fired and we have a ****ty class and it wouldn't matter who we have committed right now because most of those guys just sign elsewhere. It's pretty simple everything hinges on the season idk why some of you get so bent out of shape or excited ?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n28776 said:
I just wish the season would get here. Where we are in recruiting right now means absolutely dick. It's this simple either we have a great season obviously muschamp stays and we will have another top 5 class considering who we are in contention with. If we have a bad or even mediocre season muschamp is fired and we have a ****ty class and it wouldn't matter who we have committed right now because most of those guys just sign elsewhere. It's pretty simple everything hinges on the season idk why some of you get so bent out of shape or excited ?

Exactly.

From the article...
It’s the worst-kept secret in Gator recruiting this year, a line that will continue to repeat until ample games are in the books in the 2014 season: this year’s class is playing wait-and-see. Win and they’re in; lose and we hit the booze.

This is no certainty of what our upcoming season will result in, but all indications are that it will be far more successful than last year. What indications?
  • Healthier squad
  • Open practices
  • OC /QB coach with more evidence for proven, successful track record
  • OL coach with more proven track record
  • Deeper at QB
  • Deeper and better at RB
  • Deeper, with best WR having more experience at WR (imo)
  • Deeper and more proven at TE
  • OL roughly equal in depth and experience (imo)
  • DL deeper than last year after loss of Easley
  • LB healthy and more experienced
  • DB lost experience but upgraded talent (imo) remaining DB's gained experience

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Significant Positional Loss / Gain 2013 vs. 2014

QB: - Tyler Murphy / +Treon Harris +Will Grier

RB: +Brandon Powell

WR: -Trey Burton, -Solomon Patton / +Andre Debose, +Ryan Sousa, +C.J. Worton

TE: +DeAndre Goolsby, +Cyontai Lewis, +Moral Stephens, +Jake McGee

OL: -Jon Halapio, -Jonotthan Harrison, - Kyle Koehne / +Chaz Green, +Kavaris Harkless, +Nolan Kelleher, +Travarias Dorsey, +Andrew Mike, +David Sharpe

DL: -Dominique Easley, - Damien Jacobs, -Ronald Powell / +Thomas Holley, +Khairi Clark, +Taven Bryan, +Justus Reed, +Gerald Willis

LB: -Darrin Kitchens

DB: -Marus Roberson, -Loucheiz Purifoy, -Jalen Watkins, -Cody Riggs / +Duke Dawson, +Jalen Tabor, +J.C.Jackson, +Quincy Wilson

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With so many positive indicators and 2.5 weeks until the season begins, try not to jump off the cliff yet. ...or if you do, do it quietly.
:eek:hnoes:

:stars:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lets just get to August 30. Then take it one game at a time. There's so much speculation with this team and staff right now that it's crazy. It's pretty simple, we have a great year and we'll land most if not all of those mentioned. If we suck, we'll new coaching staff and recruits on the way. Either way we'll be able to comment on this once we get to that point. But the sheer fact these guys are still visiting and attending mean alot.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
GatorJ;n28751 said:
He did. Only the Cook loss was bad. Worton for Lane. I'd take that any day. Btw, Worton has been killing it in practice.

Worton as I watched him in practice reminded me of people like Wes Welker etc with his hands and route running. He is going to be a big weapon on possession downs IMO

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n28816 said:
The amount of ignorance in this thread is top notch. :thumbup:

The amount of ignorance on this board is top notch!

FIFU

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;28807 said:
GatorJ;n28751 said:
Worton as I watched him in practice reminded me of people like Wes Welker etc with his hands and route running. He is going to be a big weapon on possession downs IMO

I think Sousa won't get any PT this year but he's a wild card. He led the state of Florida in receptions his junior and senior years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lets all panic about recruiting in August.... aaaaaaahhh the sky is falling. Any recruit that isn't going to Florida just because it is Florida is waiting until we see what the new Offensive Coordinator is about. There is no reason for them to do otherwise. They need to do their due diligence like they would for any other school. If this was December or January then there would be more panic.

But as the article points out, if Florida does well with the new offensive system recruits will come. If we put out a similar product as the last 4 years, of course the offensive recruits are going to look elsewhere.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
lets all panic about recruiting in August.... aaaaaaahhh the sky is falling. Any recruit that isn't going to Florida just because it is Florida is waiting until we see what the new Offensive Coordinator is about. There is no reason for them to do otherwise. They need to do their due diligence like they would for any other school. If this was December or January then there would be more panic.

But as the article points out, if Florida does well with the new offensive system recruits will come. If we put out a similar product as the last 4 years, of course the offensive recruits are going to look elsewhere.
We have one commit out of 50(46th)? Lol. By the time you guys get your heads out of your behinds it will be too late. Too bad its not just offensive players but both sides of the ball are waiting. I'm pretty sure this year turns out to be a lame duck season since Muschamp doesn't have what it takes to be an elite coach. He's a one hit wonder and the iceberg that sank the USS Gator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.