Gator Rewind: LSU

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize the back fumbled the ball forward on the last play... Who recovered it?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize the back fumbled the ball forward on the last play... Who recovered it?

Time expired so it really didn't matter. I'm not even sure they ever said.:dunno:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The play doesn't end until the whistle blows... the clock doesn't matter on the last play. That looked like a live ball to me.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That looked like a live ball to me.

It was a live ball, until somebody got their hands on it. Then it was a dead ball, and no time was left on the clock. Hence, it didn't matter who got their hands on it. The game was over. I think somebody also said in a different thread, heck or maybe it was this one a while back, that when you're under 2 minutes left in the half or game, a fumble can only be recovered and advanced by the player that fumbled the ball. So if that's the case, and Guise was the guy that recovered it, he still couldn't have advanced it since he was already on the ground so it would instantly be down when he regained possession. Neither Guise, nor the ball ever made it into the end zone.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
It was a live ball, until somebody got their hands on it. Then it was a dead ball, and no time was left on the clock. Hence, it didn't matter who got their hands on it. The game was over. I think somebody also said in a different thread, heck or maybe it was this one a while back, that when you're under 2 minutes left in the half or game, a fumble can only be recovered and advanced by the player that fumbled the ball. So if that's the case, and Guise was the guy that recovered it, he still couldn't have advanced it since he was already on the ground so it would instantly be down when he regained possession. Neither Guise, nor the ball ever made it into the end zone.

I believe it was Sas

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Finally got to watch this, and my thoughts are:

1. It's awesome to listen to Mick
2. Too many shots of sidehat and Shannon
3. Who was pumping the team up and playing the role of leader in the pre-game? 13, D McMillan (unknown to most fans, but points out the 'leadership' void on the team. Kudos to D Mc for filling it)
4. Love listening to Mick
5. Great game

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That was beautiful! Loved seeing the excitement on the players' faces. After the 98 yard play, Cleveland looked like he almost couldn't believe what just happened.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wish someone would talk to Cleveland about not dropping the ball the nanosecond he crosses the goal line. There's no reason for it and it has bitten people in the ass before when they dropped it short of the goal line. Why leave it to chance? Hold on to the ball and hand it to the ref.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I wish someone would talk to Cleveland about not dropping the ball the nanosecond he crosses the goal line. There's no reason for it and it has bitten people in the ass before when they dropped it short of the goal line. Why leave it to chance? Hold on to the ball and hand it to the ref.

I thought he did well going a step or two into the endzone. IMHO, it is a non-issue.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
IMHO, it is a non-issue.
Until it is and it costs us a game. Why risk it?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...layers-dropping-ball-touchdown-desean-jackson

stopdrop.0.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly had the same thought about Cleveland. Toss the ball to the ref and you'll never worry about dropping it too early. However, if the NCAA would let them spike the damn ball, they wouldn't drop it early, either. :lol:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I honestly had the same thought about Cleveland. Toss the ball to the ref and you'll never worry about dropping it too early. However, if the NCAA would let them spike the damn ball, they wouldn't drop it early, either. :lol:

Who wants to wait around for some pot-belly middle age ref who just huffed and puffed 90+ yards to hand off a ball to. There's teammates to celebrate with and the ref is probably looking for an O2 tank anyway rather than the ball. :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At 2:05 the LSU fan in the top center of the screen with his head in his hands cracks me up.:lol:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
None of those photos are of a Gator nor was Cleveland's drop close to any of those photos. I stand by my OPINION that this is a non-issue.
:rolleyes3:

Seriously, talk about a non-issue. Why would you argue against warning a player about dropping the ball too close to the goal line? Are you just looking for an argument?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.