Gator Rewind: Utah

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
GatorSports has a nice collection of photos from Saturday that give you a good feel for the Utah gameday vibe.

Not so sure how I feel about the team doing the Gator Walk in the rain, all dressed up with their suits on. They shouldn't have to get their suits ruined, or spend any more time than necessary wearing wet clothes. Next time it is raining during the Gator Walk, I'd like to see each player accompanied by a volunteer umbrella carrier. Somebody take a note of that and inform management. Thanks.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSports has a nice collection of photos from Saturday that give you a good feel for the Utah gameday vibe.

Not so sure how I feel about the team doing the Gator Walk in the rain, all dressed up with their suits on. They shouldn't have to get their suits ruined, or spend any more time than necessary wearing wet clothes. Next time it is raining during the Gator Walk, I'd like to see each player accompanied by a volunteer umbrella carrier. Somebody take a note of that and inform management. Thanks.

Nope.

iu

Alex.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
That damned marching “baton” has got to go.
While we’re at it, Can we please stop with the damned fingers rubbing together like “money down” on 3rd down?

Please
That’s from Grantham.
Just stop it.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
While we’re at it, Can we please stop with the damned fingers rubbing together like “money down” on 3rd down?

Please
That’s from Grantham.
Just stop it.
Geoff Collins a/k/a Sidehat started that "3rd down money down" BS.

As for the pimp cane, :facepalm:

aTm did it for a while but I think they dropped it out of sheer embarrassment. One of the HBCUs might still do it.

I imagine it's supposed to imitate the Drum Major's baton. Maybe they pulled a fast one on Napier claiming it was band-related instead of you know...a pimp cane.

I agree, that sh!t has to go.

Alex.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Please
That’s from Grantham.
Just stop it.
Was the "money down" thing from Grantham, or did that predate him? If that was his thing, then you're right, that has to do.

But the marching baton/pimp cane thing is Napier's thing. It just got here, so it's probably not going anywhere anytime soon.

They had that at ULL, I remember seeing it and commenting on it in our game thread for his last game there before he came here, the Sun Belt Conference Championship.

That said, when they were passing that baton around on the sidelines on Saturday, it seemed a little hokey and felt a little forced. If the players think it's corny, then it will die out organically.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
First of all, I really miss the good old days. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Still a hard no on umbrellas for players.

You should understand why.

Alex.
No, I don't understand why. During the Gator Walk, most players are carrying a bag in one hand, and they need the other one free for high-fiving fans.

I repeat that there is no good reason for their nice suits to get ruined, or for them to be trudging around in wet clothes. Water doesn't wick off a suit like it does a football uniform.

Initially, I was going to have these umbrella carriers be randomly chosen from among the fans. But since you are choosing to be a hardass about it, I am now going to insist that the umbrella carriers be members of the UF ROTC, in their Class A uniforms. :grin:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Geoff Collins a/k/a Sidehat started that "3rd down money down" BS.
Yeah, I thought that pre-dated Grantham. That being the case, I'm okay with it, because it's kind of complementary to, "scared money don't make money."

On the other hand, if someone suggested that in addition to yelling, people should be trying to make extra noise on third down by clapping instead of rubbing their fingers together, I wouldn't argue with that.

Another thing that pre-dates Mullen & Grantham is that they are still hauling that Chucky doll around. In the rain, no less! @URGatorBait should be assigned to carry a little umbrella for Chucky.

887bb1c7-6b62-440e-b6f3-d8209f46c0c1-FLGAI-090322-NCAAF-FloridaVsUtah-8925-CC.jpg

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
First time I recall seeing the finger rubbing was Johnny Manziel at aTm. He would do it after a big pass play or TD.

It needs to go. If we are going to have a cane on the sidelines, at least it should imitate a martial art bow staff, but if we go that far, I would prefer num-chuks or kamas.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one that thought the defensive players looked really disinterested in what Toney was saying at halftime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator