Gatorchatter App

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I could swear Ox mentioned launching an app for the site awhile back, but I can't find it so I'm starting my own thread. Merge/Move/Delete as your drunken mod stupor guides you.

So, with a week's vacation in remote NH and no PC or laptop available, I had to resort to my iPhone lest I have too much reading to catch up on when I return. Lo' I recall mention of an app! So I search iTunes and find it quickly and easily - install, and boom we're connected (did ya miss me?). Despite my aversion for change, I am compelled to come here and comment that was the app not only tolerable, but pretty decent for reading up on the forum threads and commenting. There are, of course, certain handicaps such as a lack of adblocker and some limited ability for posting (fonts, imgs, etc - functions are there, but different). But overall, I wanted to come back and remind the group that the app exists, and it is usable. And also to get a brownie point or two from ox for saying I liked it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well thank you, although you shouldn't be seeing ads on the app.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, everyone please remember to rate the app on google play

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Ok. So now the in-app login has timed out. When I open the app, I'm told login has timed out, then it tells me the app is crashed do I want to submit a ticket. Then it blinks and disappears. If I double tap the home button (iOS) I can see the app is open but if I try to go to it the screen will blink it away again.

It is unusable, and unrecoverable. Reboot iPhone doesn't help. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall, and see how it goes.

Disappointing. Using safari is ok, but no yay.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. So now the in-app login has timed out. When I open the app, I'm told login has timed out, then it tells me the app is crashed do I want to submit a ticket. Then it blinks and disappears. If I double tap the home button (iOS) I can see the app is open but if I try to go to it the screen will blink it away again.

It is unusable, and unrecoverable. Reboot iPhone doesn't help. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall, and see how it goes.

Disappointing. Using safari is ok, but no yay.
You're first problem is that you're using an iPhone...Ox will disagree with this, but it's the truth :snicker:

Safari is hit or miss sometimes with certain sites.

Have you tried downloading google chrome?
I use it exclusively when on my mobile, and particularly for this site, though I'm using an Android when I do it. I prefer it because it allows complete access to the entire site, including the chatterbox, which the App does not.

As far as the app issue itself, Ox will have to look into that once he reads this.

Just FYI to Ox, the app appears to be working fine on Android.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I rarely access the forums from my phone. When I do, I do it without the use of any apps. I just log in from my phone's default browser and everything works fine. I have one of them new fangled G4 phones. Sometimes it's best to just keep things as simple as possible.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I rarely access the forums from my phone. When I do, I do it without the use of any apps. I just log in from my phone's default browser and everything works fine. I have one of them new fangled G4 phones. Sometimes it's best to just keep things as simple as possible.
Yea, the standard browser works fine on android phones too. I just use chrome because you can compress the data usage

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have had absolutely zero issues with the app on my iPhone. I'm sure this news will disappoint URG.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zero issues with iPhone app.

I'd suggest to delete the app and then a hard reboot. And then re-download it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.