Gatorchatter weekly score contest!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, this is what we're going to do. Every week there is going to be a "score contest" thread on the upcoming game. In that thread, you are going to post your prediction of the total points scored in the game by both teams without going over. In other words, if you think our Gators (or the opposition) are going to win 13-6, you would put out a score of 19. If the total points scored between both teams ends up at 18 or less, you lose! You cannot go over or your score is ineligible to place. Whichever team wins or loses is irrelevant to the contest.

You are also going to give a secondary number that is only to be used in the case of ties. It's going to be the total points for both teams at halftime. Unlike the first number, this one is simply going to be who is closest to break the tie - the number can be over or under.

Every week, the top 5 will get points, broken down as follows:

1st Place: 8 points
2nd Place: 4 points
3rd Place: 3 points
4th Place: 2 points
5th Place: 1 points

BONUS: If you hit the total points number on the nose, you get 2 bonus points. Hence, nailing it could get you a 10 point week. If two or more people hit it exactly, the tiebreaker points would come into play to determine place. However, each would still get the 2 bonus points regardless of where they place.

As the season goes on, I will keep a thread showing the Top 10 points leaders, which will change week to week. At the end of the season (and that includes the bowl game, assuming we make one), the Top 5 points leaders will get prizes.

The weekly winner gets a Gatorchatter koozie!

GRAND PRIZE: A $100 Gift Certificate to the Gatorzone Sports shop and a signed Steve Spurrier mini-helmet!

http://shop.gatorzone.com/

5a020n.jpg

Prizes for 2 through 5 are still to be determined. I may add on to the prizes as the year goes on.

I understand some people like to predict scores, which is fine. We can have a separate thread picking scores for fun.

The official thread will be started on the Monday before the game and scores will no longer be accepted after 10 PM EST on that Friday night, when the thread will be locked. You are allowed ONE post and unlimited edits. If you want to change your mind ten times before Friday night, fine.

Contest officially begins August 25th! :dance2:

Hey lurkers, why don't you register so you can play? :dance:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Don't put any scores here - wait until the official thread.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
As an idea for prizes, tailgate gear, florida sportshop gift cards, things like that would be cool.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So, this will be on UF's games only - correct? It would be cool if you picked a group of games, but, it's going to be enough work as it is. Thanks Ox! This is going to be fun.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
So, this will be on UF's games only - correct? It would be cool if you picked a group of games, but, it's going to be enough work as it is. Thanks Ox! This is going to be fun.
You know, I do actually have a real job.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n22974 said:
As an idea for prizes, tailgate gear, florida sportshop gift cards, things like that would be cool.
Your job is to report from open practice tommorrow with an emphasis on QB and OL. Capiche?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Ox, I realize the load you have running this site and living your life. I have thanked you several times for what you do and I continue to be grateful. Whatever format you decide to use I will be all in. :-)

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n22974 said:
I was thinking tickets or maybe a new car.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
JC_Gator;n22974 said:
Your job is to report from open practice tommorrow with an emphasis on QB and OL. Capiche?
First open practice Thurs. 8/7 at 7:40pm at Dizney.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n23000 said:
I was thinking tickets or maybe a new car.
Why not one of those Russian mail-order brides that Ox is always advertising up top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.