Gators are blessed

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes but we are all blessed to have people like Tim in our country and to have knowledge of only some of the things he does to help people and be himself. I hope that it will be auctioned off many times before someone gives it back to him, of he outbids everyone. Perhaps we need a go fund me to buy it back with charity getting the funds.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Read up on what George Rogers does with his Heisman. I think it’s much more impressive than what Tebow did, albeit a great gesture on Tebow’s part.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Read up on what George Rogers does with his Heisman. I think it’s much more impressive than what Tebow did, albeit a great gesture on Tebow’s part.

If this is what you are talking about, a link from you would have been a great way to specifically indicate what you meant, it is a very nice thing, but nowhere near what Tim actually did.

King George was temporarily Sgt. Rogers after ‘fair’ trade pictured on Twitter

“Looking forward to spending the afternoon at @CCarolinaFair,” said Rogers, who can be seen at lots of public appearances with his famous hardware. It’s well known that Rogers lets friends and strangers alike hold the trophy and pose with it for pictures.

Neither man really left the Coastal Carolina Fair with the other’s possession. If they had, it’s hard to imagine it being, “an even trade,” as Beres joked.

The only thing fair about it would be the event which Beres and Rogers attended last week. In fact, it would be a more lopsided trade than the deal that sent Rogers from the New Orleans Saints to the Washington Redskins in 1985.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Every Dad wants his Son to be Tebow and his Daughter to marry Tebow.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If this is what you are talking about, a link from you would have been a great way to specifically indicate what you meant, it is a very nice thing, but nowhere near what Tim actually did.

King George was temporarily Sgt. Rogers after ‘fair’ trade pictured on Twitter

“Looking forward to spending the afternoon at @CCarolinaFair,” said Rogers, who can be seen at lots of public appearances with his famous hardware. It’s well known that Rogers lets friends and strangers alike hold the trophy and pose with it for pictures.

Neither man really left the Coastal Carolina Fair with the other’s possession. If they had, it’s hard to imagine it being, “an even trade,” as Beres joked.

The only thing fair about it would be the event which Beres and Rogers attended last week. In fact, it would be a more lopsided trade than the deal that sent Rogers from the New Orleans Saints to the Washington Redskins in 1985.
I don’t have time to find all of the links for you. It would probably be a dozen items per year for every year he has the Heisman. That’s the point, it’s not a one-off thing for Rogers

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps we need a go fund me to buy it back with charity getting the funds.

Wow Chief !
Great idea - that Go Fund Me process would be a touching way for GatorNation to please Tim.
Funds for a charity Tim loves, raised by people he's thrilled with pride. Tim would know he doesn't have to do it all by himself.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I don’t have time to find all of the links for you. It would probably be a dozen items per year for every year he has the Heisman. That’s the point, it’s not a one-off thing for Rogers
So it is this sort of activity, my link said it happens a lot.

Now so I understand and you understand you only needed one link, like the one I posted.

And letting people hold it for a short period of time to make them happy is not any way the same as what Tim did. Both are nice, one is much more effective in my opinion.

Now I know why you are on that list, you are highly disrespectful, arrogant, and apply your own view to other's clear language.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So it is this sort of activity, my link said it happens a lot.

Now so I understand and you understand you only needed one link, like the one I posted.

And letting people hold it for a short period of time to make them happy is not any way the same as what Tim did. Both are nice, one is much more effective in my opinion.

Now I know why you are on that list, you are highly disrespectful, arrogant, and apply your own view to other's clear language.
Do I need to respect you? If you mattered, I may show you some respect, but you are a condescending asshat. So with all due respect, you’re a ****ing moron if you think doing something selfless time and time again is less impressive than Tebow’s marketing efforts. And go ahead and put me on ignore Vulcan you half twit ninny

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think we can all agree that Tim and George are both good people. But always remember. SOS was the first to give his trophy back to his university and so the Heisman folks started making two, one for the individual and one for the college.
History
When Spurrier won his Heisman in 1966 he donated it back to UF "for future Florida fans to enjoy". The UF student body pitched in and bought him a replica one. Spurrier is the reason the Heisman trust now gives two trophies, the real one to the player and a replica to the school.

Unless someone donated one of the early trophies after a winners death, technically Spurriers trophy on display at UF should be the one of the only Heismans on display at a school that isn't a replica but the actual trophy itself that was awarded to the player. Also, Spurriers heisman at his home would be the only one not given away by the Heisman trust, but the way he got his "fake" Heisman was arguably more meaningful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.