Gator Basketball Gators beat #13 LSU on the road

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously a HUGE WIN! These Gators just fight so HARD and are just so TOUGH especially on the defensive end. Heard on the radio with Mick Hubert and Mark Wise that the Gators WON 11 out of the 17 "50/50" balls. These Gators just know that its crunch time and their season is winding down. They win a tough road game back to back with heart and hustle and actually made even more CLUTCH shots tonight. Hayes 10 points and 7 rebounds. Allen EXPLODES in the 2nd half and OT with 21 points and 5/9 made 3s. Locke battling injuries busts out with 15 points and 5 rebounds. Hudson heating up off the bench yet again with 15 points so that is 3 out of the last 5 games in scoring double figures so that is good to see from him. Our D was just killer yet again. LSU averages 83 points a game but were only able to get 77 in OT and a few of those points desperation attempts that went in. This makes 2 HUGE ROAD WINS for UF in a row. Now we just have to keep it up and hopefully keep winning so we can get into the NCAA Tourney. Go Gators!!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This has been a disappointing year but wow has Mike White coached his team through the low points to a great week. They didn’t fold or quit and have two impressive road wins.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These kinda wins are hard to come by. When your on the bubble, it just seems like big road win you need to get in just never happens.Now, we have to keep our foot on the gas to get in.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Before these last two games, these Gators opted to shoot the threes rather than battle for inside-the-arc shots. Changing our focus to insist on more 65% shots and calmer 35% shots, has sparked our team. We've won 2 straight playing a style we have neglected all season, a style we are just now learning to apply. We can only get tougher and better -- I think??

Much of our struggle is how Locke's painful injury hampers his shot = xx less 3 points for our outside success. Surely could be a loss of 6-12 points per game, except that we've added an inside game of sorts. Win or lose, if White keeps allowing/training them into enhanced battling towards the rim this team will be properly coached. The responsibility for heroics spreads among more players from more positions on the court. Good basketball comes from multiple team players at multiple positions on the court.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I was in a bad car accident this evening (totalled the car); but made it home in time to pour a stiff drink, see the last minute of the 2nd half and then OT.

Looks like we had a pretty good game and didn't fall apart despite having some slow periods. We certainly deserved the win on the limited part I saw. Had said it earlier this year: but if the freshmen didn't hit a end of season mental/conditioning wall then we could easily be a dangerous team by the end of the year.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Thanks. Still in some awe that I walked out of there unscathed. The car was smashed up after blowing a tire in heavy rain on the hw home and hitting a guardrail at 60. A relatively new tire too (just bought it in October).

Damn Rev... someone upstairs must like you. Very happy you weren't hurt

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We should fire the coach!
Or....

Maybe, just maybe....
A team with three starting freshmen and no dominant big man will need 3/4 of a season to gel?

Maybe, just maybe...
These three freshmen combined with a solid incoming class can make some serious noise in 19/20?

:dunno:
Phan has a clue............You cant coach what you dont have. He outcoached that dbag from LSU all night long. Give Mike that Lsu big and we are a complete team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Phan has a clue............You cant coach what you dont have. He outcoached that dbag from LSU all night long. Give Mike that Lsu big and we are a complete team.
Hell, I’m thinking we sign White to a lifetime contract.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im thinking we get his best class in here that gives him way more options and depth and go from there. Billy never kckd ass till he got Miller and Dupay and a few others...........

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was in a bad car accident this evening (totalled the car); but made it home in time to pour a stiff drink, see the last minute of the 2nd half and then OT.

Looks like we had a pretty good game and didn't fall apart despite having some slow periods. We certainly deserved the win on the limited part I saw. Had said it earlier this year: but if the freshmen didn't hit a end of season mental/conditioning wall then we could easily be a dangerous team by the end of the year.

Glad you are OK! I hope you feel all right this morning.

I worked late & ran an errand, listened to the game on my way home & watched the OT. Great and surprising fun.

Kevaughn Allen has been a special player for, what, 10 years now?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Another awesome road win obviously that I did not see b/c I was at the baseball game watching the young guys get bytch slapped for the 2nd nite in a row. Seems like when our cagers play a real team on the toad and I don;t watch, good things happen, so I will do my part the rest of the way and stay away from viewing against a good opponent. Making the tourney was a must and it looks like that objective is in their own hands now!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hell, I’m thinking we sign White to a lifetime contract.

Yes he must have grown a lot in a week, or perhaps the players are in some cases doing better. The seniors still have not performed to the standards that I would have desired.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Allen averaging close to 16 points a game in SEC play. Did you see him light up LSU in the 2nd half and OT in CRUNCH time and hit CLUTCH shots?? Allen having a superb senior season. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.