Gator Basketball Gators beat Vandy, 71-55

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Solid win for our team. Andrew was great and Hayes probably played the most complete game of his career . Stokes had some moments off the bench as well. Still a lot of work to do but we are peaking as we turn the calendar to March .

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Allen and Locke took the night off offensively, but solid output by the other guys. And free throw shooting lately has been great. Keep it Gators!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HUGE win over a team we have had a horrible time against. Nebby with 19 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists. Hudson with another great game with 17 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. Hayes another great hustle game with 14 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. Our big guys combined for 24 points and 15 rebounds so great COACHING by White to get our guys to run our offense to PERFECTION yet again tonight. Gators shoot 48% for the game, 42% from 3 point range, and 94% from the FT line. Great job Gators and coaches! Go Gators!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Noticed that too...not sure why he's out? He's usually solid defensively, but not our best offensive threat--and if the other guys on our team are hot, you understand why Coach White would go with Hudson; but still a bit curious to see him not even in the game.

I know some on this board are not too high on Ballard and seem to want him to transfer but he is the kind of role player we will miss next year when 2 of our best guards are gone.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
White has made some major adjustments and it shows. Love what I’m seeing with the sets and constant motion/screens.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah White read our boards and all the complaints. Now those complainers are no where to be seen. They will be back once adversity hits. Go Gators!!

:chomp::chomp::chomp:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
White has made some major adjustments and it shows. Love what I’m seeing with the sets and constant motion/screens.
The lineup seems to be more set with substitutions very measured and timely. In a way Stone's injury may have helped that although I wish he was playing.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Yeah White read our boards and all the complaints. Now those complainers are no where to be seen. They will be back once adversity hits. Go Gators!!

Got a mirror handy, Boss??

Great game against a poor Vandy team. Go Gators!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
No Deandre Ballard again tonight.

Anybody know if something is going on with him?
Yeah, he's inconsistent on defense...erratic on offense with too many turnovers...only shooting 30% from down town...still learning, improving though. I think Hudson's been getting his minutes.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I was wrong about White. He is better than I thought. Takes 3 freshman, two seniors that had the yips 2/3 of the year and no real inside game and has them playing their best ball at the end of the year (where you want it to happen). I have always thought he was a pretty good coach. But without his seniors being able to lead this year they struggled. You need leadership and chemistry and it looked like it wasnt gonna show up. Allens and Hudson shots start falling and Stokes admits coach was right and Nembhart starts scoring some and all of a sudden we are playing well and a FT shooting machine at the line. I am very pumped about the kids coming in and this late season success has to have them excited too. Imagining how much better we might be with the infusion of talent. Hopefully, we dont go back to square one with the leadership and chemistry thing.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I think one of the big reasons we've started to click a bit more offensively is Nembhard has found his scoring touch and teams are struggling in-game to adjust.

His ability to handle the basketball and distribute was never in question; but his ability to be a scoring threat wasn't there earlier in the season. Vandy last night went in with a defensive gameplan to clog the passing lanes and Nembhard hitting most of his early attempts had them scrambling to readjust.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the quality of the teams we are playing matters...... Let's see how we do when the Bright Lights come on.

Good Win!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Another post like this and you get six months off. We're all tired of your horrendous hypocrisy and calling people out. You were as critical of White as anyone during that awful stretch. Deny it and you'll get a year off.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think the quality of the teams we are playing matters...... Let's see how we do when the Bright Lights come on.

Good Win!
I think the lsu game was a bright light game.

I am watching the replay. One of their players is that free throw line and looks like he has never shot a FT or set shot. The announcers were laughing at it but pretending it was about something else. Who lets a D1 player shoot with such bad form at the FT line. I remember about 50 yrs ago all the UK players shot it the same way with perfect form. They had a very high %.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Another post like this and you get six months off. We're all tired of your horrendous hypocrisy and calling people out. You were as critical of White as anyone during that awful stretch. Deny it and you'll get a year off.
ggzshDr.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Improved FT shooting ALONE gave us a better chance to win - or in this case, prevented the game from being closer than it should. Did White finally force Hudson and Hayes to practice FTs? Because it showed!

The ball movement was exponentially better! However, White still needs to resist the urge to chew clock. Our guys turn it over or clang the rim when we slow it down.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Glad you pointed out jboss Hypocrisy........ He joined in the Lynch Mob as many of us did.

I'm not "sold" on White, I think he was another Bargain Basement hire, but he's young and might learn enough to be "Great". Only unknown is how much time he will be given..... I'm thinking 2 or 3 years if he doesn't at least win a SEC Title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator