Gator Basketball Gators blow it again, lose to LSU in OT

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After another mediocre year next year? I'm not so sure. Those freshman are good, but they're not Kentucky freshman good. They're not going to save his ass, and we still have no big men. I can't see much better than this year's record.

Thank you for saying this.
I am so tired of people acting like we have Stephen Curry and LeBron James coming in next year. They are good players but they are not great players and they will not take us where we want to go BUT, I still doubt that our nonaggressive AD will pull the trigger because he doesn't have the stomach for a coaching search.

We have invested $65 million in this arena, that could have built facilities for the football and baseball program and now we get to watch the decline. Just glad that it is not my money

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Honestly, I don't think he's going to make it. He has a ton of talent coming in next year....but they're freshman. They aren't going to save his job. He's a mediocre coach....in way over his head.
Only shot he has imo is the freshman next year

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for saying this.
I am so tired of people acting like we have Stephen Curry and LeBron James coming in next year. They are good players but they are not great players and they will not take us where we want to go BUT, I still doubt that our nonaggressive AD will pull the trigger because he doesn't have the stomach for a coaching search.

We have invested $65 million in this arena, that could have built facilities for the football and baseball program and now we get to watch the decline. Just glad that it is not my money

Well, we'll see what Stricklin is made of. If this team sh*ts the bed next year, going 17-15 again (or worse) and he doesn't drop the hammer? Well, we'll know we have a nutless wonder in the AD's office.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's the buyout for this guy?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Strick pulled the trigger on Mac so he will fire White if we are 17-15 again next season

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we'll see what Stricklin is made of. If this team sh*ts the bed next year, going 17-15 again (or worse) and he doesn't drop the hammer? Well, we'll know we have a nutless wonder in the AD's office.

Unfortunately, we will do just well enough to rationalize keeping him.

Just making the tournament is NOT good enough

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
White GONE NOW and Marshall or Drew or Stevens in the interview room NOW.

Jboss, did you amend your post from the other thread to now include Stevens after I opined regarding how in demand he would be if UK, KU, Duke or UNC had an opening? You already had Marshall and Drew on the phone? But we all know, yourself included, that UF would never pony up the type of money it would take to get Brad Stevens here, even if he was truly every interested! But I love that you are on board to the idea!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sure why not, he has to be better than White right?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am open to all top coaching names at this point and have been for months now...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you guys think Brad Stevens is going to leave the Boston Celtics for this gig? We're already paying White 2.72m per. Try 3.5m bottom end for Stevens.

That football facilities upgrade will happen when?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I've stopped watching until a new HC arrives. I just can't stand the mindless, listless, leaderless crap anymore. No bigs, no coaching, no future. I feel like Donkey when Chump and McTurd were ruining the FB program. I've just got better things to do than watch this garbage. White can't be gone too soon to suite me. Unfortunately, I believe Foley's final fiasco will continue to unfold for at least another season - for those with the stomach to watch. I'm done. I love UF and the BB tradition built by Norm Sloan, Tommy Bartlett and Billy Donavon way too much to wallow in this pig shytt any longer. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. Phuck MW and the horse (Foley) he rode in on.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think everyone is forgetting all of White's qualifications that made him the obvious choice for this job:

- He won his conference regular season championship twice at La. Tech and then gagged their conference tournament and never made the NCAA tournament
- He is Kevin White's (Duke AD) son
- Jay Bilas thinks he hung the moon, because he is Kevin White's son
- He names Rob Evans as his mentor. Rob Evans, a mediocre coach at Ole Miss twenty years ago. Think about that one for a few minutes
- He always wanted to move to the state of Florida.
- He would take less money, which was really important since we were paying a couple of ex-football coaches at the time.

How could Foley pass up such a great young coach and how can any of you question such a brilliant move?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've stopped watching until a new HC arrives. I just can't stand the mindless, listless, leaderless crap anymore. No bigs, no coaching, no future. I feel like Donkey when Chump and McTurd were ruining the FB program. I've just got better things to do than watch this garbage. White can't be gone too soon to suite me. Unfortunately, I believe Foley's final fiasco will continue to unfold for at least another season - for those with the stomach to watch. I'm done. I love UF and the BB tradition built by Norm Sloan, Tommy Bartlett and Billy Donavon way too much to wallow in this pig shytt any longer. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. Phuck MW and the horse (Foley) he rode in on.

You are not a bad fan, you are a guy with a threshold for unnecessary pain.
Unfortunately, I have forty years invested in this program and it's hard for me to cut the cord.
I guess I don't have enough pain in my life

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
You are not a bad fan, you are a guy with a threshold for unnecessary pain.
Unfortunately, I have forty years invested in this program and it's hard for me to cut the cord.
I guess I don't have enough pain in my life

I feel your pain brother. I still love the Gators, I just can't watch what's happening to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.