Gator Basketball Gators blow it again, lose to LSU in OT

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Amazing how fast things can go to sh*t under White. We were this effing close to stamping our ticket and washing away the stink of the UGA loss. We would have had every right to fantasize for a few days about going into Rupp for the upset and finishing the regular season as one of the hottest teams winning 7 of 8 with the last two solid top 10 wins. Then who knows, a run in the SECT and that 9 seed could have become a 6, a 5?? WHo the hell knows.

Then Bam! reality hits like a steel-toed boot to the nutsack. Another Mike White special end game loss tossing us squarely back on the bubble. Now I don't have even the slightest inkling to consider the idea of a win at Rupp.

I'll tell you one thing, if we lose in the first round of the SECT and finish on a 4 game losing streak and they still put us in the dance, I'm boycotting that sh*t. You can't reward a really mediocre team with a crap coach like that.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Jboss, did you amend your post from the other thread to now include Stevens after I opined regarding how in demand he would be if UK, KU, Duke or UNC had an opening? You already had Marshall and Drew on the phone? But we all know, yourself included, that UF would never pony up the type of money it would take to get Brad Stevens here, even if he was truly every interested! But I love that you are on board to the idea!
Zero percent chance. Ainge knows Stevens is his most valuable asset, not Kyrie, not Tatum, not even Horford. Seriously this is never going to happen.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wichita State pays Marshall $3.5 million & probably would bid more. In White, Foley was seeking a Dollar General for $2 million.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Amazing how fast things can go to sh*t under White. We were this effing close to stamping our ticket and washing away the stink of the UGA loss. We would have had every right to fantasize for a few days about going into Rupp for the upset and finishing the regular season as one of the hottest teams winning 7 of 8 with the last two solid top 10 wins. Then who knows, a run in the SECT and that 9 seed could have become a 6, a 5?? WHo the hell knows.

Then Bam! reality hits like a steel-toed boot to the nutsack. Another Mike White special end game loss tossing us squarely back on the bubble. Now I don't have even the slightest inkling to consider the idea of a win at Rupp.

I'll tell you one thing, if we lose in the first round of the SECT and finish on a 4 game losing streak and they still put us in the dance, I'm boycotting that sh*t. You can't reward a really mediocre team with a crap coach like that.
What a funny is that still has a chance of happening given how bad the bubble is this year. We may only be a 10 seed or still a 9 (only according to Lunardi lmao) after this loss. The bubble is absolutely horrible this year

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What a funny is that still has a chance of happening given how bad the bubble is this year. We may only be a 10 seed or still a 9 (only according to Lunardi lmao) after this loss. The bubble is absolutely horrible this year

... and now UF will contribute to that horribleness.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I know, I was like WTF? Get across the GD line and call TO for fux sake.
As ugly as this may sound, this team is dumb. That's what comes to mind when I watch them play...not smart. No awareness on the court and no one leading. They just seem to be lost and clueless. Some talent and NO basketball IQ.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
They had their best players with 3 and 4 fouls on them the last 10 minutes of the game and all through OT. How did we not go right at them over and over again? Giving up a coast to coast with 6 seconds left is just inexcusable...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As ugly as this may sound, this team is dumb. That's what comes to mind when I watch them play...not smart. No awareness on the court and no one leading. They just seem to be lost and clueless. Some talent and NO basketball IQ.
Like when Allen had less than 2 seconds on the clock and decided to drive to the basket? Simply no awareness at all. Embarrassing.

Shoot the effing ball.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is the most frustrating season in a long time. Just can’t help ourselves and get over the hump.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Like when Allen had less than 2 seconds on the clock and decided to drive to the basket? Simply no awareness at all. Embarrassing.

Shoot the effing ball.

Why shoot an open shot when you can drive into the trees? Allen has never met a contested shot he doesn’t like

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Frustrating game. When Hudson slipped that was pretty much it. The play was for him moving to the left
and to get to the rim or hit from mid range. A year from now I don't think Keyontate passes that basketball game.
I'm sure he probably wishes he took a couple of bounces and shot it from 15. We're finding some pretty excruciating
ways to lose in hoops these days. I have to say I agree with Jay and others that defending Waters the last few seconds
in regulation the way we did was probably the most frustrating aspect of this game. Hayes was late to help because he had
a man in the corner to defend. It never should have went to OT.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Barring a perverse miracle, they'll get their heads handed to them in Rupp and MW will just stand around in mute bewilderment as usual. An NCAA bid for this bunch would be a travesty, they are that undeserving. MW must go.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Frustrating game. When Hudson slipped that was pretty much it. The play was for him moving to the left
and to get to the rim or hit from mid range. A year from now I don't think Keyontate passes that basketball game.
I'm sure he probably wishes he took a couple of bounces and shot it from 15. We're finding some pretty excruciating
ways to lose in hoops these days. I have to say I agree with Jay and others that defending Waters the last few seconds
in regulation the way we did was probably the most frustrating aspect of this game. Hayes was late to help because he had
a man in the corner to defend. It never should have went to OT.
Don't you think Keyontae was told to pass to Hudson during the time out?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you really want a coaching change then email Stricklin and tell him.
I guarantee you that he has NO intention whatsoever to make a change. Not after this season and not after next season.
It's time to accept the fact that our once proud basketball program is in steady decline.

So glad that the athletic department wasted $65 million on this program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator