Gator Basketball Gators blow one to LSU; NIT bound?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They hit like 2 3s all game and still put up 84. How?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Because we played soft in the paint and gave up points...then rushed our possessions by shooting stupid shots

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Whats bad about this is im not even mad. Its expected. Nothing changed with this team beating auburn. They have the talent that when they get hot they can beat anyone...but that consistency will not be there under this coach

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Literally a tenth of a second cost us. I like the fight . Just needs to be a catch and shoot there at the end . Thought Scottie has a good look at the 3 there before taking his man off the dribble just before that

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Literally a tenth of a second cost us. I like the fight . Just needs to be a catch and shoot there at the end . Thought Scottie has a good look at the 3 there before taking his man off the dribble just before that
Like the fight? 50 points give up in the half? That many offensive rebounds?

No. This team is still broken under white. They will never be consistent with him

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They shot 20 more FTs :lol:

And yes, I realize it’s because they didn’t settle for as many jumpers. Still kind of a crazy stat

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! White had them enough to stress it had to be a tap-in, not catch then shoot. Fine effort, except LSU had too many dunks & 1-foot layups all through the game. We worked for shots from all over the court & LSU would get shots that were like 1-foot putbacks.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have to give the team and coach credit for not quitting and getting back into the game, however the last 2 minutes of the game are exactly why I have always said Will Wade sux as a coach. His teams play with no understanding of what is going on or the situation. UF ran nothing difficult or special to get wide open 3 point looks the last 2 minutes. Granted they made the shots but LSU was just standing around waiting for the time to pass. Then on the out of bounds plays all you saw were guys standing and just waiting for something to happen. LSU is no where near the team they were last year but they are so poorly coached in the most basic of basketball situational understanding, it is almost sad. The last play where UF got an uncontested layup was a film session in how not too play an out of bounds underneath defensive possession. give UF credit for the guys continuing to move and not just pointing in the air for a lob, but that was worse defense than my pee wee leaguers play on an under the goal out of bounds play. Overall a fairly entertaining game to watch. it had a little of everything, but just falling behind and having to climb back with such little time remaining was too much to overcome.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
That's about right, maybe just 2
We arent beating baylor. I see a loss vs Kentucky, maybe 2. Actually i think 3 losses is on the low end. We will have a wtf loss to uga most likely. And probably one more sprinkled in there. So I'm gonma say after looking at the schedule, theres 5 losses coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.