Gators bow out in the 2nd round....next year will be a Championship!

NCAAT 2nd Round Result?

• Win by 1-9

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Win by 10+

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Lose by 1-9

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Lose by 10+

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who doesn’t think that 2nd half was directly affected by the fact that we were in a double bonus after 7 minutes is crazy. Texas Tech got more aggressive, and our defense was handcuffed. Then just add to the fact that our PG was taken out of the game thanks to a slew of horrific foul calls. It was basically the same 2nd half as the South Carolina Elite 8 loss last year.

Having said that, TT helped us a ton by missing free throws, and we were able to fight back after the 15-5 run. Came up short in the end, which happens in basketball. Still can’t believe neither of those 3’s fell. I guess it’s the universe balancing out after Cheese’s miracle shot last year. Gonna miss him wearing the O&B.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
And this matters to you why? I’m not sure you had or have anything to do with it....maybe you should find another hobby rather than playing nurse maid to a couple of supposed grown men?

Just making an observation from a somewhat neutral position. I guess you’re not a fan of constructive (albeit sarcastic) criticism. Please carry on...

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Wow. Again you compare yourself with Spurrier. I think you may have a screw loose. There is a BIG difference in you or me or Dick Lipschitz complaining about the officiating and Spurrier as head coach of the FOOTBALL team doing so...Again....Losers complain about officiating. I think you may need some time alone or a drink or something....You are proving my point as to who the losers are...
You must be an official yourself since you are fighting to justify a horrible call, the one you are making currently. I never compared myself to SOS although I spent quite a bit of time around him (and more around Stoops) as an undergrad in the TR. I can tell you that they know damn well some officials are lousy and blow calls and yes, those "losers as you call them" complain about it all the time. If you are gonna make an argument that one bad call in a game shouldn't be the reason you lost, you can make that argument but you'd be wrong. It has happened in the past in all areas of sports and will continue to happen because humans are involved. Questioning my manhood, intellect and overall mental stability is childish and doesn't support your argument, we just disagree. FYI, I will be paying close attention in the coming months and you'd better hope you don't once agree with anyone here who complains about a bad call during a Gator game. Good luck with that when we go to Doak!!

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
I actually put this one on White.. he didn't have anybody prepared to be a backup PG. Okauru is the only one who is even close and even he did not show the ability to really run the team. I don't see Hudson returning either, but I'd love to be surprised.

White had his backup PG in Gilgous-Alexander until G-A decided to lie to White about the sincerity of his commitment and/or Cal broke the unwritten hoops rule and started recruiting an already committed player. Hard to blame White for that, and he actually did a good job finding Okauru that late in the game.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
You must be an official yourself since you are fighting to justify a horrible call, the one you are making currently. I never compared myself to SOS although I spent quite a bit of time around him (and more around Stoops) as an undergrad in the TR. I can tell you that they know damn well some officials are lousy and blow calls and yes, those "losers as you call them" complain about it all the time. If you are gonna make an argument that one bad call in a game shouldn't be the reason you lost, you can make that argument but you'd be wrong. It has happened in the past in all areas of sports and will continue to happen because humans are involved. Questioning my manhood, intellect and overall mental stability is childish and doesn't support your argument, we just disagree. FYI, I will be paying close attention in the coming months and you'd better hope you don't once agree with anyone here who complains about a bad call during a Gator game. Good luck with that when we go to Doak!!

Wow. Whine, b!tch, moan....you need some help....you’ll never hear me whining or complaining about a call because I’m not a little b!tch.

Last edited:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, that's the first time I've ever responded to you. You can dish it but you can't take it, huh, cupcake?

Really? I have two pages of responses from you. As far as calling you a little b!tch, it looks as though I said that to diehard. However, you certainly seem to qualify.....

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Really? I have two pages of responses from you. As far as calling you a little b!tch, it looks as though I said that to diehard. However, you certainly seem to qualify.....
If by "two pages" you mean the couple of posts above, you've got me. Then again, since you've replied to all of my posts, doesn't that mean you're stalking me? Here's a hint for you, Einstein: If you wanna call others names for having a different opinion, feel free, but when you start calling others names, expect to get some back, you "little b!tch."

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If by "two pages" you mean the couple of posts above, you've got me. Then again, since you've replied to all of my posts, doesn't that mean you're stalking me? Here's a hint for you, Einstein: If you wanna call others names for having a different opinion, feel free, but when you start calling others names, expect to get some back, you "little b!tch."

Again, I never said a word to you. I’ve never even heard of you before tonight. You replied to a post I made to someone else. Unless of course you and diehard are one in the same? And yes, I have more than two pages worth of nonsense from you. OK. I get it. You’re f v c k ing nuts and can’t follow a simple thought stream or diagram. Let’s take this to IM or private messages and you can vent to me all you want....Just get some help. You need it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Texas Tech got more aggressive, and our defense was handcuffed. Then just add to the fact that our PG was taken out of the game

Having players with the avoidance-style defense at the forefront of thinking really suffocates their abilities. That's why fouls should be only called when they materially affect that play.

This kind of thread gets lingering comments 'cause there's no sport at this point to get tied to and the higher hopes we had make regrets linger & linger. Baseball won't heat up for awhile. Softball too.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Again, I never said a word to you. I’ve never even heard of you before tonight. You replied to a post I made to someone else. Unless of course you and diehard are one in the same? And yes, I have more than two pages worth of nonsense from you. OK. I get it. You’re f v c k ing nuts and can’t follow a simple thought stream or diagram. Let’s take this to IM or private messages and you can vent to me all you want....Just get some help. You need it.
It seems you having a problem debating with your style of debating. For the record is it Ump or ref?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
White had his backup PG in Gilgous-Alexander until G-A decided to lie to White about the sincerity of his commitment and/or Cal broke the unwritten hoops rule and started recruiting an already committed player. Hard to blame White for that, and he actually did a good job finding Okauru that late in the game.

That is a fair point. It is certainly much less likely to lose a committed player in basketball

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb