Gators Breakdown: Areas for improvement

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Am I the only one that has a hard time listening to Dave Waters? He has a permanent stuffed nose sound and at times I just can't listen to him. Anyway I really like Will Miles. He does a lot of statistical stuff over on Read and Reaction.
So he points out that the metric for the oline performance in the run game was 123rd. So despite assurances from a certain lesbian donkey the oline was among the worst in the nation and maybe the worst ever at Florida. It's amazing we won 11 games. He also points out the while Trask was successful on intermediate routes he was not as effective on 40+ plays and that again arguably is a reflection on the oline's inability to hold blocks. There's so more stuff in there but gotta say I agree with their assessments.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really care about 40+ plays. If you hit the intermediate routes, youre fine.

will miles is really good and Dave is cool. he's slightly pump race but a little more realistic than a full blooded pumper.

miles is better at studying effect than he is at understanding cause-and-effect, although he brushed on it mentioning that the offense started clicking last year once Franks became a running threat.

I only listen to a bit of it. maybe he said more. I'll finish tomorrow.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

Am I the only one that has a hard time listening to Dave Waters? He has a permanent stuffed nose sound and at times I just can't listen to him. Anyway I really like Will Miles. He does a lot of statistical stuff over on Read and Reaction.
So he points out that the metric for the oline performance in the run game was 123rd. So despite assurances from a certain lesbian donkey the oline was among the worst in the nation and maybe the worst ever at Florida. It's amazing we won 11 games. He also points out the while Trask was successful on intermediate routes he was not as effective on 40+ plays and that again arguably is a reflection on the oline's inability to hold blocks. There's so more stuff in there but gotta say I agree with their assessments.

I don't think he was "ineffective" at over 40 yards. Its just he threw less 40+ yard completions. To say he is ineffective suggests his completion rate at that distance is lower than other QBs, which wan't the stat they listed.

Part of the issue is still the OLine. If he does not have time to throw, then less deep balls will be called or thrown.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
40 yards long way to throw a ball. I wonder if they mean passes that resulted in a 40-yard game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
statistics are for losers!

:bananawave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.