Gator Basketball Gators crushed by Michigan, bow out of tournament with a whimper

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
I saw them lose to msu the last week of the season, but have not seen them other than that

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’ll be close. All our games are. But I don’t think we have the horses to beat them.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I have a plan with my wife for a day trip from Boston to Maine (Maple Weekend). Happy the game isn’t at 2, but I wish it were at 7. I should be able to catch the start of the game.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
As usual our lack in big people will be a constraint, if we play good D and get hot shooting anything is possible.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We don’t have an answer for a 7’1” center who can pop 3’s all night. Deny deny deny.

Our hope is a hot shooting night.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Their kid teske if fcking huge... he was head and shoulders above anyone that montana had next to him.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Early line has Michigan favored by 7 points and given a 79% chance to beat UF. We basically have no chance to even be in the game. Can we pull off the monumental upset of the year? Go Gators!!

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
well we are battle tested, we played a tough schedule . We were only really blown out by the nulls. if they play TWO halfs of great ball its winnable

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Early line has Michigan favored by 7 points and given a 79% chance to beat UF. We basically have no chance to even be in the game. Can we pull off the monumental upset of the year? Go Gators!!
If we lose even a very close one it will be because Mike sucks.........

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Michigan fans were cheering for Nevada last night, still bitter about their football team being humiliated, hope the basketball team can do the same.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I’ve seen teams win with

If the line is 7 points, I think the Gators CAN win. I don't think it is as much of a longshot at 79% would seem to indicate. Gators style of play, while not pretty, at least keeps every game within reach until the end of the game, when anything can happen. I'd see it as closer to 65% chance of Michigan winning, which puts it in the same range as the odds of Florida beating LSU earlier in the season.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw them lose to msu the last week of the season, but have not seen them other than that
Meatchicken lost all three games vs Sparty, half of their losses.
Following the MSU game plan should be on the scouting report.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Any thoughts on the Hayes - Teske matchup or possible mismatch?
I see five of their six losses were in conference, was their non schedule very challenging? Someone please make me feel better about this matchup.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I see five of their six losses were in conference, was their non schedule very challenging? Someone please make me feel better about this matchup.
They had to vacate their Fab 5 final four appearances and we never had to?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They beat Nova and North Carolina early in the season. The beat USCe by 10 (our only common opponent). Their only bad loss is Penn State, which was a really bad loss.
This is going to be a tough game, but we need to get one against Meatchicken BB as our history is not good against them.
NCAA Basketball Tournament History: Florida Gators vs. Michigan Wolverines - ESPN

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
They had to vacate their Fab 5 final four appearances and we never had to?
It's has always pissed me off how celebrated the fab 5 were despite never winning a damn thing vacated or not, especially compared to the 04's who went back to back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.