Gators DT Tedarrell Slaton Has Big Shoes to Fill on Defensive Line

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Which 3 300lb defensive linemen do you see... this is from rivals.

View attachment 20728

I can't believe you are dumb enough to actually think a very old weight for Dexter is somehow a refutation. Dexter's weight right now fluctuates between 290-300 and that is before Savage has gotten a hold of him. Lee and Goods are over 300 at the moment.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
and that is before Savage has gotten a hold of him.
this really concerns me.

I'm sure Alabama's made arrangements for every player to have a home gym somehow.

we are telling our kids to do push-ups and lift their little brothers or potted plants.

body workout are nice but they usually don't add bulk or strength.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe you are dumb enough to actually think a very old weight for Dexter is somehow a refutation. Dexter's weight right now fluctuates between 290-300 and that is before Savage has gotten a hold of him. Lee and Goods are over 300 at the moment.

How many times have we assumed guys are at a point keeping their ability, and found out that not to be true... even through that is what the people in the program are selling. I've been to enough summer practice to see a guy who we were all told was close to 3 bills that really comes in at 275. I'm sure you in the facilities right now to see how big these guys are. Also if you are going to make a statement without verification, while btching about other people's misrepresentation, and not able to back up their own.

I hope these kids are building their bulk, but to btch about people not backing up what they say while not doing it yourself. Then when called on it, moving the goalposts. You deserve the schit you get.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
this really concerns me.

I'm sure Alabama's made arrangements for every player to have a home gym somehow.

we are telling our kids to do push-ups and lift their little brothers or potted plants.

All kidding aside, that's probably very true. I bet they - at a minimum - gave them several sets of heavy dumbells, a barbell and 500+ lbs of weights to take home with them.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
this really concerns me.

Since he started camping his junior season, Dexter has gained about 30 pounds. He's been in the 290s for a while. He weighed in at 294 in one of his last camps. I can't help but think this will hurt a lot of players, but especially incoming freshman. I saw one 5 star recruit have to create a makeshift bench press and weights so he could workout.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All kidding aside, that's probably very true. I bet they - at a minimum - gave them several sets of heavy dumbells, a barbell and 500+ lbs of weights to take home with them.

At the least, wouldn't doubt if they are given access to other resources as well.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since he started camping his junior season, Dexter has gained about 30 pounds. He's been in the 290s for a while. He weighed in at 294 in one of his last camps. I can't help but think this will hurt a lot of players, but especially incoming freshman. I saw one 5 star recruit have to create a makeshift bench press and weights so he could workout.

Like you said it hurts the freshmen more than any other group. Without that constant guidance, and the ability for the staff to see what works best and how to fix form issues (which is so important) might have some those injuries due to lack of endurance. Fully expect more of those nagging injuries that limit players across the nation this year.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
You say "it's really very simple" I say its not and the current group of DTs make it impossible to know what a preferred line would look like.
In a few years, maybe this year you'll see preasure applied up the middle, something we haven't done in a long time and two 300 pounders will be leading the way. Then maybe our DEs won't disappear in the big games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb