Gators entering draft; Cleveland, Jefferson, Perine, Zuniga staying

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hope Perine stays. A Perine and Peirce backfield is just as stout as anyone else in the SEC.
Agreed. A backfield of Perine, Pierce, and Davis reminds me a little of Csonka, Kiick, and Morris.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett got himself in a career-harming squeeze = his cc outtime robbed him of a year's development & demonstration and the teammates coming back will be starring too. Scarlett would share the glare.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This kid runs as hard as anyone I've seen at UF, and he's fast. He'll find work.

Gatormb

Jul 26, 2018
Might want to stay one more year. Anybody notice in his signature he misspelled #ScarlettFEAVER instead of FEVER.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We'll see what happens at the combine, but Vosean stands a good chance of not getting drafted at all. Whoever does is going to view him as a project. I agree with the above posters who noted he needed another year. If for nothing else to put on weight. Light, short, LBs who can't cover are rarely found on NFL rosters. I will give him his props for some great and memorable plays over the years. My personal favorite was his slamming Danny Etling out at the one yard line in the 2016 game. For those of you who don't remember, LSU didn't score on that drive and on the ensuing possession Appleby hit Cleveland for a long TD.

If you are like me and also never tire of seeing it:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him luck. It looks like most of the guys who "declared" early might have a shot at making a roster somewhere. But many times I'm baffled by some of the delusional thinking of certain players when they decide to leave early for the NFL or NBA when they most definitely need to percolate in college for another year or two.

I think of this when I read some marginal player tweeting about how he's declaring so he can make the big bucks.

There really should a rule that allows players who don't get drafted to return to college provided they didn't take any agent money, etc..

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We'll see what happens at the combine, but Vosean stands a good chance of not getting drafted at all.

Been trying to get an idea of where he is projected. A few have in going in rounds 2-4. Most others put him around 6-7 in their ILB rankings. In past drafts, that means he'd go in rounds 5-7.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll honestly be surprised if Joseph goes earlier than the 6th. He'll get drafted due to potential and a few big plays, but he's not close to ready.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Really like this kid and the way he resurrected his career. Really proud of him.

We’ll know we are truly back when we got talent coming and going on a regular basis.

As it is we will be loaded in the backfield again next year. This is exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb