Gators football family four pack

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Last year, the ticket office offered the same four-pack deal and I took the family to the Vandy game. The whole family had a great time, despite the opponent, and now my kids are asking me if we can go to more games this year. So, for a reasonable price that makes it easy for me to take the family, we now have two more future die-hard Gators who are looking forward to football season.

How were the seats?

And yes, it is a hell of a deal. That is why I asked in the OP, "have we hit rock bottom yet?" Attendance will likely be down this year due to the virus, but I'm curious if Alabama or LSU are offering 4 tickets for $100 plus hotdogs and sodas. It just shows how far the mighty have fallen. And this all goes back to one comment from the GOAT: "We're not getting into an arms race....." And here we are, ten years later.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How were the seats?

And yes, it is a hell of a deal. That is why I asked in the OP, "have we hit rock bottom yet?" Attendance will likely be down this year due to the virus, but I'm curious if Alabama or LSU are offering 4 tickets for $100 plus hotdogs and sodas. It just shows how far the mighty have fallen. And this all goes back to one comment from the GOAT: "We're not getting into an arms race....." And here we are, ten years later.

Imo, if there is even a season, the attendance issue at a place like UF--despite the improved product on the field the past two years--will be exposed even further than it already has. The one thing that is overwhelmingly noticeable at our games is the amount of older ones, who I doubt will be lining up to go to games without a major change in the whole COVID narrative. Combine that with students who almost certainly won't show up, and the fact that so many travel from 3+ hours away, and you're let banking on the local middle aged families. So while I agree it's not an ideal look, in this case, I actually think it's the only group they have a chance at landing on a consistent basis.

Places like Alabama, Lsu, and much of the SEC outside of maybe VU, will likely have a considerably better attendance this season, especially if the virus continues to get more and more political(which it likely will). They'll show up more out of spite than anything else. The B10 and P12 may as well cancel now.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
That is a huge issue when it comes to baseball in this area. I can shell out $20 (for outfield or 2/3 teir seats) a ticket, $8 soda, $10 hotdog to see the Rays. Or you can go to one of the 4 to 6 Single A stadiums around here and get $10 behind home plate tickets (usually first row is available), get $2 hotdogs, $3 soda, $4 beer, etc on no special nights. Why see the Rays and shell out over 100 for my family of three, where I can take them to the local A team, shell out $20 for a similar experience with better customer service.

That's it in a nut shell for many people. I can't go to the games right now due to coaching responsibilities - which will continue at least until my youngest gets to high school. When they were small, we never missed but it was a major ordeal. When they are all in (or out) of high school I'll be back, and will pay whatever they want me to for good seats. I think people don't realize sometimes that we are in the minority when it comes to fandom. Most people just don't love the game or the team that much, especially when their is a more economic or comfortable way to go. Premium seats for premium prices - there are plenty of us that will pay - but not an infinite amount. Market those other seats to those young families or working class people that want to share the experience with their kids.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I'm not disagreeing with the pathetic nature of the marketing campaign, but it is a good deal for a family and it does serve the purpose of getting families out to the Swamp and thereby getting young, future fans invested in the Gators.

Take my family, for example. My kids just turned 12 and 10. I've been taking them to Gator sporting events for as long as they can remember, but until recently, they hadn't been to a football game except for the O&B game (which they hated because it was too hot and they were bored). So as much as they enjoyed basketball, softball, baseball, gymnastics, etc, they had no desire to watch a football game. That is, until two years ago when I was offered four free tickets to the LSU game at the last minute. Naturally, I couldn't refuse that offer, so we went to the game. The atmosphere was one of the best the Swamp had seen in years, and the kids were really getting into it. And when we got that late INT to seal the victory, and the stadium erupted, my kids went bananas and they were hooked.

Last year, the ticket office offered the same four-pack deal and I took the family to the Vandy game. The whole family had a great time, despite the opponent, and now my kids are asking me if we can go to more games this year. So, for a reasonable price that makes it easy for me to take the family, we now have two more future die-hard Gators who are looking forward to football season.

That was my first Gator game in person in ten years. Great weather I remember. I didn't care it was a butt-whupping, I had the time of my life being on campus and in The Swamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb