Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning is sure better than losing

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Florida wins!!!!! Hayes and Bassett our only players that showed up down the stretch

White blaming defense for the offense giving up a 16-0 run in 10 min lmao

White LEARN TO COACH. Stall ball with 13 min left is pure garbage!!!!!!!!
Yeah, they were moving so well for 27 minutes. They need to do that all game.

I was really impressed with Nembhards poise. Those Martin brothers are really good and Andrew wasn't rattled at all. Hes gonna be great.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Congrats to these gritty Gators! I hope Coach White enjoyed that expensive front row seat, because he sure didn’t contribute.

Okay, that’s an exaggeration, but dang it he doesn’t seem to understand how much he’s hindering this team with his prevent offense.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I agree I could not believe he did not call a time out when the pressure was obviously getting to the team.
While I would like him to be more aggressive with the refs, perhaps he can't get away with that yet.
Honestly - I don’t really care about theatrics with the refs. Calipari makes me nauseous. It’s the seemingly consistent decision to try and milk the clock when we have a decent lead that drives me nuts. Try to score 80 - you can win that way too!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
White is getting a lot of blame. But it isn't White's fault KJ, Hayes, and Bassett kept missing shots from 2-5 feet away. It isn't White's fault Bassett doesn't block out. It is White's fault they run an offense that burns the shot clock and then the guys are forced into hero ball.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, they were moving so well for 27 minutes. They need to do that all game.

I was really impressed with Nembhards poise. Those Martin brothers are really good and Andrew wasn't rattled at all. Hes gonna be great.
Yeah we handled their big guards well and we were playing probably our best game. White was mixing the patient offense and pushing offense well. Running ball screens, off ball action, back cuts, ser up some drives etc. Defense was doing excellent and we were rebounding great...then White told them to hold it and on cue it was downhill

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
One thing we should all be able to agree on: White is a defensive wizard. That dude can coach some defense, and that keeps us in games no matter the talent disparity.

Really hoping and praying he learns that playing prevent offense with a lead does not work.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sloppy ending, but Gators live to fight another day. Beat Michigan/Montana!

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Great effort and poise from the Gators. Hayes was tremendous and they made their run when he was in foul trouble. Getting into the tourney was a bonus and any win is just gravy. I'm just enjoying it. Go Montana!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
One thing we should all be able to agree on: White is a defensive wizard. That dude can coach some defense, and that keeps us in games no matter the talent disparity.

Really hoping and praying he learns that playing prevent offense with a lead does not work.
Sounds like another coach I know... :puke:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Prevent Offense......... add that to the dictionary......

:lmao:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously a huge win for the Gators. Tough last 13 minutes of the game but we locked it down the final 2 minutes and made enough plays down the stretch to win the game. The refs were horrible calling 8 straight fouls on us that allowed NV back into the game. Yeah we played some stall ball but missed about 4-6 easy 2-5 footers that would have kept pushing the lead back up. Great game plan and coaching by White in the first half as we were the much better team no doubt. 2nd half we went to the 1-3-1 zone and that confused the hurt NV down the stretch so kudos to White for that 100%. THANK YOU Seniors for another 20 win season and a VERY unexpected win today vs a top team in NV. Hayes so tough these past 12 games with 16 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Hudson with 15 points and Allen with 10 points. KJ huge again with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Neb with 8 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists. Gotta survive and advance in March so we will see what happens on Saturday. Anything else now is gravy for this team. Go Gators!!

:chomp::chomp::chomp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator