Gator Basketball Gators get by Nevada to storm into the Terrific 32

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we are small and slow at guard, and small and weak inside (you forgot that part), who recruited this roster?

Amen Swonkey. How do 7+ SEC programs have twice the # of 6'8"+ inside guys?
Do we "push-practice" inside feeds, close-in scoring? If the HC doesn't do that, then he'll neglect the # and importance of "big men". All season long, us fans & HC White watched us struggle-lose to the inside bigs of opponent after opponent. Duh, that struggle should teach White. Tall inside guys make for easier scoring each time down and make for better defensive control. Provided the HC aspires to use them.

There's nothing 'pissantsy' about these criticisms. UF deserves a better basketball program and that's the HC's job, not the job of incoming freshmen.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
You said you played Gator baseball. Why not tell us who you are? You seem to be dying to do so.
I’m not dying to tell you anything. I doubt u kept up with Gator baseball in the 70s. Hell I doubt you were born . Unless u were from Jax u probably wouldn’t know my name.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Amen Swonkey. How do 7+ SEC programs have twice the # of 6'8"+ inside guys?
Do we "push-practice" inside feeds, close-in scoring? If the HC doesn't do that, then he'll neglect the # and importance of "big men". All season long, us fans & HC White watched us struggle-lose to the inside bigs of opponent after opponent. Duh, that struggle should teach White. Tall inside guys make for easier scoring each time down and make for better defensive control. Provided the HC aspires to use them.

There's nothing 'pissantsy' about these criticisms. UF deserves a better basketball program and that's the HC's job, not the job of incoming freshmen.

Those criticisms depend on your assumptions, who knows what they actually do in practice. I sure don't, and I bet you don't either.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Those criticisms depend on your assumptions, who knows what they actually do in practice. I sure don't, and I bet you don't either.

What a team does in practice had better show in the games or the coach has no control of the team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not dying to tell you anything. I doubt u kept up with Gator baseball in the 70s. Hell I doubt you were born . Unless u were from Jax u probably wouldn’t know my name.
Born in '76. Didn't set foot in Gainesville until 1989.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I graduated in 75 so u probably would not hear of me. However if u wanted to do a little research you would figure it out . I pitched .
That you, Craig?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What a team does in practice had better show in the games or the coach has no control of the team.

Another assumption, and I seem to remember one player who is out of shape would not change his eating habits. The players are not slaves the coach can't control them, he can coach and guide them, he could cut them, but control is not happening.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

If it was easy as coaching the bigs in practice to score 20 points a game wouldn’t they all do it? No our bigs do not possess that skill set. Hayes was coached hard for 4 years. He progressed each year after barely playing his freshman year. But his hands and instincts were never going to let him be a scorer. He became a good defender and rim protector.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Welcome, John. You stay in touch with Bergman?
When he was dimi
Welcome, John. You stay in touch with Bergman?[/QUOTE
Not much after he left UF. He had a weird bittersweet coaching career. I liked Coach .. He may not be for everyone but I need his discipline to reel me in. I wasn’t the easiest kid to Coach. Not the worst but I wish I would have done a few things better. But don’t we all. Do I know you?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When he was dimi
No, but we may have mutual acquaintances in Fred Roush and Bobby Tyler from the Sun. Fred looked up to Jay as a surrogate dad and served as the baseball team's offficial scorer for several years. Bobby covered the team over a period of years.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
No, but we may have mutual acquaintances in Fred Roush and Bobby Tyler from the Sun. Fred looked up to Jay as a surrogate dad and served as the baseball team's offficial scorer for several years. Bobby covered the team over a period of years.
Bobby and Fred were both there when I was there. Fred recently passed if I’m not mistaken. Bobby and I were good buddies. Very funny dry sense of humor. Did u know most of those guys that were younger than me ? Belmonte and I play golf some times

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.