Gators Have National Title Expectations

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Attitude reflects Leadership. Like what Mullen is doing. And if this is the mindset of these kids, I am pleased with that. He has them buying in and that is huge. It's been a long time since we've heard things like this coming from the locker room. Keep up the work CDM.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This is a lot different than when quiverlips had this team believing they’d have the best offense in the country or best Oline. It was always small things he got them excited about and then failed them miserably. I hope these guys harness this mindset during winter workouts and throughout sprin and fall. This season could be special

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's not just wanting to win that counts; it's wanting to do the preparation and the training it takes to win. This first takes place in the mind with the belief that winning is possible.
Franks needs to stay in the film room. He has to make better and quicker decisions. He also needs to work on his foot quickness. Until the new folks on the O-line "gel", Franks has to get them out of bad situations.

I give it 50/50 at best.

I like the attitude. But most times a run at the NC requires an experienced (upperclassmen dominate) team, great special teams, and some luck.

We are light in the middle of the D-line, LBs are too small, secondary should be a strength. The O has the skill players (except QB decision making under pressure) but a new line.

IMO: 2-3 years away.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Franks needs to stay in the film room. He has to make better and quicker decisions. He also needs to work on his foot quickness. Until the new folks on the O-line "gel", Franks has to get them out of bad situations.

I give it 50/50 at best.

I like the attitude. But most times a run at the NC requires an experienced (upperclassmen dominate) team, great special teams, and some luck.

We are light in the middle of the D-line, LBs are too small, secondary should be a strength. The O has the skill players (except QB decision making under pressure) but a new line.

IMO: 2-3 years away.

Attitude is a necessary but not a sufficient ingredient to winning a championship. As you allude you’ve got to have the hosses too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We aren't there yet, but boy is it great to be in the conversation again.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
We aren't there yet, but boy is it great to be in the conversation again.

Great to be "on the way up". We've too long been going the other way. Thanks CDM for making fall fun again. Losses this season (if there are any) are going to hurt again, the way they did under SOS or Urban. I love it!!

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
I agree that it is great to have so called experts talking up our Gators. Of course with all the talk comes the pressure of expectations. I had an old coach who used to say all potential means is that you haven't done anything. (being a good old boy from Davie Fla. he actually said "done nothin") For me I want to beat the Dawgs and win the East. I actually believe beating UGA may be easier than winning the East. Missouri, Kentucky and even the Cocks ,all on the road, are all toss ups at best. Not to mention the Tigers in Red Stick.
I for one am not a Kirby Smart believer, and even with his 5 star studs we have the real advantage with DM calling the plays. Like back in the Spurrier days I believe we can go into every game knowing that we have the edge in coaching. We still have to win, and in the SEC there are no walk overs.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that it is great to have so called experts talking up our Gators. Of course with all the talk comes the pressure of expectations. I had an old coach who used to say all potential means is that you haven't done anything. (being a good old boy from Davie Fla. he actually said "done nothin") For me I want to beat the Dawgs and win the East. I actually believe beating UGA may be easier than winning the East. Missouri, Kentucky and even the Cocks ,all on the road, are all toss ups at best. Not to mention the Tigers in Red Stick.
I for one am not a Kirby Smart believer, and even with his 5 star studs we have the real advantage with DM calling the plays. Like back in the Spurrier days I believe we can go into every game knowing that we have the edge in coaching. We still have to win, and in the SEC there are no walk overs.
Beat the leghumpers. The rest will fall into place.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I know this is not going to be popular, but given the fact that we will lose almost our entire OL unit, I find to be a real stretch getting to a Natty. I have been wrong about almost the entire last season. This is one crow I would gladly eat.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is not going to be popular, but given the fact that we will lose almost our entire OL unit, I find to be a real stretch getting to a Natty. I have been wrong about almost the entire last season. This is one crow I would gladly eat.
The O-line is about chemistry and communication. Both take time and, sometimes, years. I think the O-line will have issues next season, which will remind everyone that our QB is a slow decision maker and makes bad decisions when under constant pressure (sacks and Ints). I think we take a step back next season because of it OR the D really steps up.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This mindset is what we’ve lacked for years.

The bs of “our goal is to make it to Atlanta”. No, piss off, that could be an 8-4 year and we could get blown out...oh that happened.

I like shooting high, at least then there is drive and desire. It sets a higher standard for new players coming in from the beginning. It makes each game mean more to the players because one loss may ruin the season. That helps prevent the sleepwalking we saw against Mizzou. So we will see, but I like where the focus is.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I think most agree. It takes time for a unit to gel. This might be the reason we see EJ more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.