Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First eval Ive seen of Joseph

Strengths

Vosean Joseph is an athlete. For his size, he can move, and this shows sideline to sideline, in coverage and downhill. Some of his best work can be done downhill when he is blitzing and using his speed and aggressive tendencies to get into the backfield.

Nobody is going to discount the effort, and physical toughness Joseph brings to the table snap in and snap out. He is a strong run and chase player who can get to the football in a hurry and set a physical tone.

Weakness

Vosean Joseph is slow at diagnosing. He is one of the last players off of the snap as he dissects what is going on in front of him. While he has speed and athleticism, most of that is shown in all-out sprints as he looks to make up on the ground he lost.

Playing from behind so often, Joseph is prone to missing tackles. He does not take strong angles and will over pursue or his miss target by diving at their ankles at the last second. Too often you credit Joseph for the effort but are disappointed that he was always a step or two away from the play when it ended.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
aFBElMG.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
First eval Ive seen of Joseph

Strengths

Vosean Joseph is an athlete. For his size, he can move, and this shows sideline to sideline, in coverage and downhill. Some of his best work can be done downhill when he is blitzing and using his speed and aggressive tendencies to get into the backfield.

Nobody is going to discount the effort, and physical toughness Joseph brings to the table snap in and snap out. He is a strong run and chase player who can get to the football in a hurry and set a physical tone.

Weakness

Vosean Joseph is slow at diagnosing. He is one of the last players off of the snap as he dissects what is going on in front of him. While he has speed and athleticism, most of that is shown in all-out sprints as he looks to make up on the ground he lost.

Playing from behind so often, Joseph is prone to missing tackles. He does not take strong angles and will over pursue or his miss target by diving at their ankles at the last second. Too often you credit Joseph for the effort but are disappointed that he was always a step or two away from the play when it ended.
Perhaps his family situation was such that he had to try and earn some money or there’s some other reason he had to leave, but I think he stands a real chance of not being drafted. He’s the one guy leaving who I thought would have been far better off staying. Hope I’m wrong.....

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Dane Brugler of “The Athletic” was on 1010XL. He does their nfl draft stuff. When asked about Joseph, he said his biggest problem in coverage is his tendency to freelance.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I've actually seen mock drafts that have him going as high as the second or third round. Great for him if that happens, but I just don't see him as going before the 4th or 5th. His combine will help trick someone into reaching.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Here is Brugler’s full write-up on Vosean Joseph:

7. Vosean Joseph, Florida (6-1, 228, 4.69)
Miami, Fla. (Norland), Junior, 12/15/1997 (age 21.37)
Strengths: Quick reaction skills … fluid athleticism and redirection skills … shifty in space to elude blockers … knack for timing his blitz and getting skinny through gaps, making plays in the backfield … lacks ideal play strength but has the unique ability to stay balanced through congestion while tracking the ball carrier … natural feel for pursuit angles … fearless in run support and looks to light up his target … fiery competitor and plays hungry.

Weaknesses: Lean-limbed with a narrow torso … needs to develop his functional strength … loses his bearings when attempting to finish … overaggressive tendencies in the run game opens cutback opportunities and leads to missed tackles … prone to mental breakdowns in coverage … doesn’t show the anticipation or urgency as a cover defender that will scare quarterbacks from targeting him (see 2018 Georgia tape) … highly emotional player and somewhat of a loose cannon who is still learning what it takes to be a professional … suffered a 50 percent torn MCL in his knee (November 2015) as a high school senior, prematurely ending his prep career.

Summary: A two-year starter at Florida, Joseph entered the starting lineup as a sophomore, helping to replace Jarrad Davis and Alex Anzalone under the previous coaching staff. He took a sizable step in his development as a junior under Todd Grantham in his dual-linebacker scheme, leading the Gators in tackles (93). Joseph is an athletic player with quick reflexes and range, showing the ability to stay balanced through creases at the line of scrimmage. He has the movement skills to drop and run, but his comfort level in coverage is lacking. Overall, Joseph is a quick twitch downhill linebacker with a natural feel for navigating through traffic, but he needs to improve his discipline, coverage and finishing skills to earn a starting role in the NFL.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kiper has J. Taylor going 7th overall to Jacksonville:

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Kiper has J. Taylor going 7th overall to Jacksonville:

This is based on us getting Foles which I'd sacrifice my left nut to avoid. I want Haskins. That said, I don't have a problem with this pick. Amazing to see him climb so high. Good for JT.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, and he found 70 that werent.

Taylor was a plan B for Trailerbammer. He wasn't that big of a find.

More like Ja-yawn Taylor.
But like you said in a past post, it’s surprising how some of our mediocre
offensive “linez-men” are having good careers in the NFL.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
This is based on us getting Foles which I'd sacrifice my left nut to avoid. I want Haskins. That said, I don't have a problem with this pick. Amazing to see him climb so high. Good for JT.
This would be a horrible pick for the Jaguars. Marrone and Coughlin should already have their bags packed if they make this mistake. Not bashing Waany, just think this sets the team back. After the monumental failure last year in not taking a QB, they have 1 job to do this off-season... Find a QB! If I'm Mr. Khan I'm telling them to focus there resources on identifying the QB of the future. Then do everything in your power to get that guy. I'm fairly plugged into the local sports scene here. Drafting a big ugly will NOT go over well here. The only thing we're looking for is drafting the right QB and hopefully getting rid of Fournette. Those are priorities 1a and 1b.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This would be a horrible pick for the Jaguars. Marrone and Coughlin should already have their bags packed if they make this mistake. Not bashing Waany, just think this sets the team back. After the monumental failure last year in not taking a QB, they have 1 job to do this off-season... Find a QB! If I'm Mr. Khan I'm telling them to focus there resources on identifying the QB of the future. Then do everything in your power to get that guy. I'm fairly plugged into the local sports scene here. Drafting a big ugly will NOT go over well here. The only thing we're looking for is drafting the right QB and hopefully getting rid of Fournette. Those are priorities 1a and 1b.

The Taylor pick is based on the premise the jags sign Foles. If they do, they won't be spending the 7th pick on a QB. In that scenario, I have no problem with JT being the pick. There are others I like more. But we need a RT badly. That said, I'm hoping we go all in on Haskins or Daniel Jones. I don't want Foles and I want Murray even less.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Is there even a franchise quarterback in this class?

I would trade the pick for a first round pick next year and a later round pick this year. And if there is a franchise QB in next years draft, move up to get your QB.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Anyone want to explain to me Statue Johnson being invited to the combine? Is it size or...?

This is where he goes off and makes me look the fool or not

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Anyone want to explain to me Statue Johnson being invited to the combine? Is it size or...?

This is where he goes off and makes me look the fool or not

His size and athleticism got him invited. But, by invite I mean he just scraped in. As of now, he’s listed by experts as a URFA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb