Gators in the NFL

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Saints/Bears today. Gardener -Johnson sticks his finger in receiver's face. After the NEXT play receiver walks up to CGJ and starts hitting him. Janoris jumps on the guy and pulls him off. Curious.
Edit: Evidently, I meant "Ceedy Duce".

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saints/Bears today. Gardener -Johnson sticks his finger in receiver's face. After the NEXT play receiver walks up to CGJ and starts hitting him. Janoris jumps on the guy and pulls him off. Curious.
Edit: Evidently, I meant "Ceedy Duce".

Wims is a dwag. Rivalry week started early.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016

Another in a long line of great gator tight-ends. He and Cornelius Ingram probably might both be hall of fame worthy tight-ends if not for injury. Maybe even Hernandez would have been if not for, you know... murder.

It's unfortunate that I'll always remember Reed for that fumble against Georgia. Would have gone to the SEC championship undefeated under Muschamp otherwise. Hasn't been a lot of hope for this program since that fumble, honestly.

macNCheeseB

Mar 1, 2016
Another in a long line of great gator tight-ends. He and Cornelius Ingram probably might both be hall of fame worthy tight-ends if not for injury. Maybe even Hernandez would have been if not for, you know... murder.

It's unfortunate that I'll always remember Reed for that fumble against Georgia. Would have gone to the SEC championship undefeated under Muschamp otherwise. Hasn't been a lot of hope for this program since that fumble, honestly.
That was one of the most frustrating games ever. We should have won that, but nobody wanted to keep the ball...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

We would've been blown out by Alabama in 2012. Total smoke and mirrors, the entire season. Also, don't forget, even with the TD, we still needed a 2-point conversion, and that just got us to a tie. Even after, when we could've leaned on the defense(his area) to get the ball back, we instead accrued two 15-yard penalties and gave up a 22 yard run to finish the game. I have little doubt that they would've move the ball on us if they'd needed to in order to at least kick a FG. That afternoon, along with the rest of WM's tenure, was solely the product of a stubborn imbecile who isn't cut out to run a hot dog stand but was inexplicably given the keys to the best job in cfb at the time. Reed's one play has practically no bearing, imo.

But I do agree with you that he was outstanding and if not for injuries may have been our best TE in the NFL. I also give him a lot of credit for learning his role in college while also subbing in at times as QB, even if he didn't know the plays, and dealing with 3 different offensive systems. Great team player., represented us well and I wish him the best in his next venture.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
We would've been blown out by Alabama in 2012. Total smoke and mirrors, the entire season. Also, don't forget, even with the TD, we still needed a 2-point conversion, and that just got us to a tie. Even after, when we could've leaned on the defense(his area) to get the ball back, we instead accrued two 15-yard penalties and gave up a 22 yard run to finish the game. I have little doubt that they would've move the ball on us if they'd needed to in order to at least kick a FG. That afternoon, along with the rest of WM's tenure, was solely the product of a stubborn imbecile who isn't cut out to run a hot dog stand but was inexplicably given the keys to the best job in cfb at the time. Reed's one play has practically no bearing, imo.

But I do agree with you that he was outstanding and if not for injuries may have been our best TE in the NFL. I also give him a lot of credit for learning his role in college while also subbing in at times as QB, even if he didn't know the plays, and dealing with 3 different offensive systems. Great team player., represented us well and I wish him the best in his next venture.

Oh we would have gotten blown out by Alabama for sure. Heck, it might have even given Muschamp an extra year if he had an undefeated regular season on his resume to run the program further into the ground... I just remember that fumble distinctly and the feeling that we were not going to maintain the program status we were clinging onto at that time. That fumble and the news of Will Grier using PEDs or whatever were the two biggest gut punches I can remember.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh we would have gotten blown out by Alabama for sure. Heck, it might have even given Muschamp an extra year if he had an undefeated regular season on his resume to run the program further into the ground... I just remember that fumble distinctly and the feeling that we were not going to maintain the program status we were clinging onto at that time. That fumble and the news of Will Grier using PEDs or whatever were the two biggest gut punches I can remember.

One of only three uga games since the age of 5 I didn't even care to watch. I had business going on at the time and focused there. The first update I got was the opening drive JD fumble and subsequent uga TD. I didn't ask for any more. That game was over before it started.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Would have gone to the SEC championship undefeated under Muschamp otherwise.
Yeah, bc if not for that fumble on the fifteen. Muskstank and Dipshyt would have scored somehow. Then scored again on a two point play somehow.

Yeah, real likely.

especially since they managed to get into the end zone zero times the rest of the day.

they were just probably saving the really good part of the playbook.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The first update I got was the opening drive JD fumble and subsequent uga TD..
Dipshyt gonna Dipshyt.

Has there ever been less of a gamer?

All while we had an actual starting NFL QB sitting on the bench.

Last edited:

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Dipshyt gonna Dipshyt.

Has there ever veen less of a gamer?

Driskel has somehow been able to ride an NFL bench for years but lost his starting job at the gators to a guy that couldn't even sniff playing time after transferring to Tennessee State. I think they moved Treon to cornerback or wide receiver or something because he was so bad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dipshyt gonna Dipshyt.

Has there ever veen less of a gamer?

I don't disagree, and was always a fan of Brissett being the local product. But he only became a future NFL QB by leaving. Just look at the Jax State game 2 weeks later when it was his team. We scored 16 offensive points thanks to 3 Sturgis FGs. One TD against Jax State, and it was on the ground.

He was going nowhere here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree, and was always a fan of Brissett being the local product. But he only became a future NFL QB by leaving. Just look at the Jax State game 2 weeks later when it was his team. We scored 16 offensive points thanks to 3 Sturgis FGs. One TD against Jax State, and it was on the ground.

He was going nowhere here.

Didn't we also win that game due to a blocked punt with like 48 seconds left in the game.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Didn't we also win that game due to a blocked punt with like 48 seconds left in the game.

Yep. I remember the gatorsports message board, because there were so many people who thought Muschamp was trash, but then there were so many people pointing to the 11-1 record or whatever it was before the bowl game. I think some more people started finally realizing after that game, and his underreaction to that horrible game, that he wasn't who we wanted.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That was Louisiana Lafayette the week before, but yes. It was actually a walk-off TD. The coach of a Sunbelt team didn't even feel the need to get creative or throw a HM at the end, and said he as completely confident going into OT. It just happened to backfire, or that would be the loss everyone talks about instead of GSU.

Probably 5 plays separated us from being 7-5 and in Shreveport. The only games that were fun to watch were usce, ut and fsu, and I'm not even sure how either of those last two games even happened. We were down in both. The fact that this 11 win season was mentioned as defense of the following year is still one of the most infuriating things I've ever witnessed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That was Louisiana Lafayette the week before, but yes. It was actually a walk-off TD. The coach of a Sunbelt team didn't even feel the need to get creative or throw a HM at the end, and said he as completely confident going into OT. It just happened to backfire, or that would be the loss everyone talks about instead of GSU.

Probably 5 plays separated us from being 7-5 and in Shreveport. The only games that were fun to watch were usce, ut and fsu, and I'm not even sure how either of those last two games even happened. We were down in both. The fact that this 11 win season was mentioned as defense of the following year is still one of the most infuriating things I've ever witnessed.

The only think I remember from that season, was outside of the UT second half, our receivers couldn't catch a cold. An offense trying it's best not to expose the quarterback, for obvious reasons. And everyone thinking that Brent Pease was the answer at offense. While running Gillisle to death, along with Quinn having a stupid amount of talent on defense.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The only think I remember from that season, was outside of the UT second half, our receivers couldn't catch a cold. An offense trying it's best not to expose the quarterback, for obvious reasons. And everyone thinking that Brent Pease was the answer at offense. While running Gillisle to death, along with Quinn having a stupid amount of talent on defense.

Plus arguably one of our best kickers in history that also contributed greatly. And some great breaks like the ODBJr strip inches before hitting the ground, and the Gamecocks just imploding in their own territory. Look at these killer drives:
PASSING TOUCHDOWNFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS 2 YARDS, 00:47 FLORIDA TD, 0:47

PUNTFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS -7 YARDS, 02:09 FLORIDA PUNT, 2:09

PUNTFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS -5 YARDS, 02:09 FLORIDA PUNT, 2:09

PUNTFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS -12 YARDS, 01:54 FLORIDA PUNT, 1:54

FUMBLEFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS 6 YARDS, 01:44 FLORIDA FUMB, 1:44

PASSING TOUCHDOWNFLORIDA DRIVE: 6 PLAYS 29 YARDS, 03:23 FLORIDA TD, 3:23

PASSING TOUCHDOWNFLORIDA DRIVE: 2 PLAYS 1 YARD, 00:58 FLORIDA TD, 0:58

PUNTFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS 0 YARDS, 00:24 FLORIDA PUNT, 0:24
[URL='https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay/_/gameId/322940057#gp-playbyplay-32294005722'] PUNTFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS -7 YARDS, 02:21 FLORIDA PUNT, 2:21
[/URL]

PUNTFLORIDA DRIVE: 3 PLAYS 0 YARDS, 01:20 FLORIDA PUNT, 1:20

We won this game by 33 points. That's why I scoff when people mention anything about WM and misfortune, specifically regarding that 2012 season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

2012 was the luckiest UF season that I can remember, which is why 2013 is arguably the unluckiest. Lucky break always regress to the mean. If a coach can't coach through bad luck, he isn't the right coach.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I can't remember when I knew Muschamp wasn't the answer, but it was at some point during that 11-2 season. The entire season was charade....and a lot of luck. With Butters, I knew in season 1 when we went to overtime vs. 3-8 FAU. The UF's of the world DO NOT go to overtime vs. 3-8 G5 teams...."and yet", Butters managed to do it. But the homers kept saying "but we won the East!!".

The lost decade of Gator football.....and in many ways we're into the second lost decade w/ this buffoon and his press conferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator