Gators invent new ways to flub things up

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Our freshman corner picks off a ball and then fumbles it on the half yard line, giving USC the ball back and first down. Gardener picks off a pass and should easily have a 100-yard pick six, and ends up falling down when someone sneezes on his ankle as he's running by. And, in a first in my 30+ years watching football, two wide-open players fight over a deep pass and tackle each other on the half yard line.

And that only scratches the surface of all the missed opportunities and flubs in that mess we just watched.

:facepalm:

Discuss.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are the bad news bears of the NCAA. It is what it is until these kids get some real coaching and leadership.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Quite representative of the season and actually the whole Mac tenure. Even my wife who could give 2 craps about Gator football was saying WTF I am watching.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Our diversity in the "how many ways can we flub it up" is much more elaborate than the diversity of our offense. Macs stench keeps the hits coming.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
BTW, that douchebag Bianchi and his "should have kept Muschamp" article.....? can somebody please choke out that bald headed ass clown.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
giphy.webp

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, that douchebag Bianchi and his "should have kept Muschamp" article.....? can somebody please choke out that bald headed ass clown.
yeah, if muschamp can only beat this squad by 8, then he's nowhere near being a decent coach yet

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
A lack of discipline manifests itself in many ways. The Gators proved that today - again.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The play that ticked me off the most was that 3rd and 17 in the fourth quarter where Franks throws a perfect strike for the first down and Swain lets it clank off his stone hands. For God's sake, help your QB out! Make a play!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Our route tree has multiple receivers in every exact same area almost every play, so that was no surprise. Probably my favorite part of that play was having a RB drifting off toward the end zone rather than coming back to help out his scrambling QB as either a blocker or dumpoff option. How often do you see a running back catch a 50+ yard pass?

Just asinine, the whole thing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's very much water under the bridge, but it was hard to not notice how undisciplined we were.

Not that we didn't already know why.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Our freshman corner picks off a ball and then fumbles it on the half yard line, giving USC the ball back and first down. Gardener picks off a pass and should easily have a 100-yard pick six, and ends up falling down when someone sneezes on his ankle as he's running by. And, in a first in my 30+ years watching football, two wide-open players fight over a deep pass and tackle each other on the half yard line.

And that only scratches the surface of all the missed opportunities and flubs in that mess we just watched.

:facepalm:

Discuss.

Jeez, I’m now wishing I had DVR’d the game. Couldn’t watch it live b/c of family obligations and wasn’t sure there’d be any worthwhile reason to watch the playback. All those major flubs are a once in a lifetime deal that I would like to see with my own eyes.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
The play that ticked me off the most was that 3rd and 17 in the fourth quarter where Franks throws a perfect strike for the first down and Swain lets it clank off his stone hands. For God's sake, help your QB out! Make a play!
All of the receivers needs reps at catching the ball with their hands, over and over again. I can't say that they aren't doing it now but as lazy as this staff has been I would be surprised if they are putting in the time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He was pressing. The whole team was pressing. Henderson as staring at a 14 point deficit just a few minutes into the game and immediately felt he HAD to score because he had no faith in his O to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator