Gator Basketball Gators lose at home to bad South Carolina team to start SEC play

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It's not the same and doesn't translate with "P5" Proven, yes. White wasn't proven.

Let's use Chris Mack as an example...

09-10: Sweet 16
10-11: Round of 64
11-12: Sweet 16
12-13: -
13-14: Final 4
14-15 Sweet 16

Hell of a better record than White's 3 NITs before his OJT at Florida.
Mack was my choice when Billy left :sadnanner:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're a pumper of White, and that's alright, but it's blinded.
Any other statements you wanna make about me or are you gonna actually attempt to come up with some possible replacements?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
How many chris Mack's and Thad maddas are out there right now? Chris mack turned us down when we hired FWIW. Belien hadn't done shcit before he went to Michigan. I have no idea who holtman is.
Finding a basketball coach that can have you top 10 every year is unrealistic unless you're Duke or UNC. Hell, even Calipari can't do it.

Because Cal is a schitty x's and o's coach.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I mean, hell... Shaka Smart was a more proven coach at the time

VCU:
09-10: CBI Champion
10-11: Final 4
11-12: Round of 32
12-13: Round of 32
13-14: Round of 64
14-15: Round of 64

Texas hires him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought Gregg Marshall would have been a good fit here but that won't ever happen. He turned down mega millions from bama.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any other statements you wanna make about me or are you gonna actually attempt to come up with some possible replacements?
I just answered your question 4 fold. Sorry you're sucking on White's tit has jaded you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

VCU:

Texas hires him.
But up until this year, hes been a complete bust at Texas

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I just answered your question 4 fold. Sorry you're sucking on White's tit has jaded you.

Is there any position between “fire White now” and “sucking on Whites tit”.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there any position between “fire White now” and “sucking on Whites tit”.
You tell me? Between you and t and Marine, it’s been all pumping of White. I have yet to read a single critic of him from you all other than “in 2 more years....”

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm always the first person on the "fire the coach" bandwagon. I just don't think it's what we need to do, at least right now. That being said I have zero vested in mike white. He's a millionaire and his entire family is aswell. I think he would be ok. But it's not what's best for our basketball program right now imo.

And btw , you didn't answer shcit.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
You tell me? Between you and t and Marine, it’s been all pumping of White. I have yet to read a single critic of him from you all other than “in 2 more years....”

And I haven’t seen a single pump of him, other than he has a good recruiting class coming in and he made the Elite Eight. Those are what I would consider incontrovertible facts as opposed to pumping.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no hiring a proven coach. There's either hiring a up and come or a guy who's been canned already. Name me one program that poached a good coach away from a p5 program? I'd easily take white next year with two 5*s and a top 40 player coming than starting over with a washed up guy that's been fired already.

You are delusional T. First of all, you don't discuss P5 with Basketball like you do with football. Is there such a thing as P5 in basketball? The field isn't even the same with teams and their contributions.

Here's a name we should have gone after Archie Miller. His track record at Dayton certainly was far superior of a proven coach and his NCAA bids vs. Mike White. I mean at least Miller had an Elite 8 on his resume as well as another NCAA Tourney compared to White's NIT scrum.

In your next post you mentioned Musselman. No way anyone back east would have given him the time or day but this guy is for real. He's an amazing coach with amazing leadership, motivation and development. He's just not for the east.

It's not the same and doesn't translate with "P5" Proven, yes. White wasn't proven.

Let's use Chris Mack as an example...

09-10: Sweet 16
10-11: Round of 64
11-12: Sweet 16
12-13: -
13-14: Final 4
14-15 Sweet 16

Hell of a better record than White's 3 NITs before his OJT at Florida.

VCU:

Texas hires him.

And btw , you didn't answer shcit.

I answered it multiple times.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The question was whose out there now , outside of musslmen? It alludes to the pool not being that deep. If musslemen says no I'm holding out for a better job which is alot more common in basketball than football, wed be dumpster diving again.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And I haven’t seen a single pump of him, other than he has a good recruiting class coming in and he made the Elite Eight. Those are what I would consider incontrovertible facts as opposed to pumping.
I’m just not seeing much God-given talent on this team. Outside of the Freshmen, what players would any top 25 team want off of our roster? We got some gawky big men inside and some smurf forwards. Not exactly something Roy Williams could work with. One needs athletic length to go inside. We got nobody with both.

I knew that would be the only response. You are correct but he’s working on it. Would you care to address the actual issue I noted?

Tell me about developing Hayes, Allen, Hudson, Gak, Stone, etc. How many beautiful Nembhard feeds go to waste with these guys? Those guys don’t belong on the floor.

Gak has never and will never contribute. Hayes, Allen and Stone are limited offensively to three pointers. Once opposing teams adjusted to not allowing uncontested three point shots from these guys, their game is over. We got no inside threat that teams need to worry about so they can guard the perimeter. How we got here? Bad recruiting. How do we get better? Good recruiting. White is recruiting better so I’m waiting and watching. I just have a longer term outlook. I didn’t lose sleep over last nights loss. You are ready to fire him. I doubt we will ever agree.

His Elite 8 appearance impressed me. I’d like to see what White can do with some real talent over the next couple of years and if he can sustain the recruiting.

Wait, is he a good recruiter or was it his Elite 8? His Elite 8 came on the heals of Billy D. His recruiting thus far, and development, has been slim to nothing.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The question was whose out there now , outside of musslmen? It alludes to the pool not being that deep. If musslemen says no I'm holding out for a better job which is alot more common in basketball than football, wed be dumpster diving again.
Moving the goal posts, huh?

Now you want to talk about who's out there now?

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Wait, is he a good recruiter or was it his Elite 8? His Elite 8 came on the heals of Billy D. His recruiting thus far, and development, has been slim to nothing.

Both. Correct. Correct.

We shall see.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How many chris Mack's and Thad maddas are out there right now? Chris mack turned us down when we hired FWIW. Belien hadn't done shcit before he went to Michigan. I have no idea who holtman is.
Finding a basketball coach that can have you top 10 every year is unrealistic unless you're Duke or UNC. Hell, even Calipari can't do it.
There's at least one time I said it

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I held off reading this thread for a while after the game because I was so mad. My comments on the various points raised:

1. White needs an experienced head on the bench ala Shyatt. Pinkins might be a step in the right direction getting a guy to coach bigs, but still White needs someone with head coaching experience like Shyatt had.

2. I do not see much if any growth in White as a coach. I also see no player development. That is a concern to me in his 4th year. I was shocked to hear him demanding movement in the huddle yesterday, but his talk led to little or no movement, so I do not get that.

3. UF fans should be smarter than being too impressed with White "coaching" UF into an round of 8 game. The round of 16 game was lost essentially the way yesterday's game was lost. UF held a second half double digit lead on Wisconsin and collasped. Had Barry not made an unbelievable block and Wisconsin not stupidly doubled Kasey Hill and forced the ball to Chiozza, they very likely would have won the game or at the very least gotten to another OT.

4. White is not going anywhere soon. He will get a year or two with his incoming recruits. Also UF lost at home to SoCar in an equally silly way last year wasting Bassett's break out performance. So as some have said who knows how this season will finish out. If gets enough wins to get in the tourney and wins a couple of games, no one will remember this game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Next year's team will be better than this team. There's not an upperclassman on the team that has any fire in their belly, any leadership, or a set of balls.

But the issue is did you feel this way about Allen as a Frosh? How about Stone? How about Hudson as a JR his first year with UF. How have the progressed. Are they and the team better this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.