Gator Basketball Gators lose to FSU for 6th year in a row

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
At my first game in almost 15 years.
Anyone else find it scary that 18 year old college students are acting as security screeners?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So this the first time I have seen this team and really do not know much about the freshman. And one game does not a season make, but having played and coached bball, this is what is different about this year's team. This team has NBA athleticism. That is not to say that any of them will play in the NBA (have no idea), but seeing guys like Hudson and Allen the past few years who were not great players nor overly athletic, you can easily see the difference.

Here is what has not changed. Mike White and off the ball player movement in the half court offense go together like oil and water. Why is Mike so adamant about running no motion in the halfcourt? Any movement is a designed one pass and shoot play. There is no continuity. For as long as Mike has been here we have said the same thing, regardless of team makeup. One guy pounding a hole in the floor while 4 guys stand around watching and picking their nose. I just watched a 25 second sequence where Locke stood in the corner the entire time and never moved. Remember this. The easiest guy of the floor to guard is the guy that is standing still.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yet another extra pass turnover when he should have taken the shot.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Here is what has not changed. Mike White and off the ball player movement in the half court offense go together like oil and water. Why is Mike so adamant about running no motion in the halfcourt? Any movement is a designed one pass and shoot play. There is no continuity. For as long as Mike has been here we have said the same thing, regardless of team makeup. One guy pounding a hole in the floor while 4 guys stand around watching and picking their nose. I just watched a 25 second sequence where Locke stood in the corner the entire time and never moved. Remember this. The easiest guy of the floor to guard is the guy that is standing still.

I liked the post, then undid the rating so I could like it again. For the 100th time, Mike White it our Leonard Hamilton.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida losing and lost the season playing like this. Down 25-21 at the half. 1/5 of our points we are losing by...trash coaching, trash offense, lazy, no direction, no imagination,

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
God awful 1st half. I'd blame it on being early in the year, but it doesn't seem to get much better the rest of the year..

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really disappointing performance so far. I will repeat myself in saying that I am not convinced that Coach White understands the entire concept of a rivalry and how important it is to beat your rivals.
A couple of bad calls early on right in front of him and he just stands there like he’s waiting in line for coffee.

No passion at all so far.
We need a wake up call

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Really disappointing performance so far. I will repeat myself in saying that I am not convinced that Coach White understands the entire concept of a rivalry and how important it is to beat your rivals.
A couple of bad calls early on right in front of him and he just stands there like he’s waiting in line for coffee.

No passion at all so far.
We need a wake up call

There is a reason why Mike is often referred to as an AD in waiting masquerading as a basketball coach.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is a reason why Mike is often referred to as an AD in waiting masquerading as a basketball coach.

I have said that several times myself. Everyone else in his family (father and brothers) are AD’s and he has that demeanor
I keep hoping that he will realize that he has to fight to win but Dr Valium continues to plod along

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have said that several times myself. Everyone else in his family (father and brothers) are AD’s and he has that demeanor
I keep hoping that he will realize that he has to fight to win but Dr Valium continues to plod along

I have said for years that Mike's kids play hard for him (tho not always smartly). However I have also said for years that Mike is a horrendous half court offensive basketball coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.