Gator Basketball Gators lose to FSU for 6th year in a row

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
He's grooming his guys for the NBA. Wins and loses at UF doesn't really matter if you are going to the next level.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Give yourself a "c'mon man". Dude is a dud and the quicker we figure it out and move on from him the better.

If you have read this board for the past 2 years there is no secret that we have it figured out. The problem is that the puppet master figures things out in about the same time it takes a sloth to run the 100 meter dash. We figured out Zooker was a loser before he was hired. We figured out Butters was a loser before year 1 ended and thankfully he fired himself. We figured out Scrat was a loser before his last season even began. The pencil pushing admin can't see the forest thru the trees b/c the puppet master is blind as a bat.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

source.gif

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Wtf? This game shouldve been a beatdown....cmon now I gotta hear it from my jerkoff nole buddies

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wtf? This game shouldve been a beatdown....cmon now I gotta hear it from my jerkoff nole buddies
Just tell them what PE says to us - it was unrealistic for the team to play well right now. Too many new guys and they haven't gelled.

Besides, the team had fun and that's the most important thing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's one of the worst coaches in all of major college basketball. I stopped watching last year bc of how bad he is offensively. It's not fun at all watching. Literally nothing fun about basketball under white.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope White doesn’t ruin some of these talented kids and this is a small hiccup.

we saw Allen and Hudson regress just last year. So far Locke and Nembhard look worse (yes, it’s early).

Ain't it ridiculous, Jay, that such a thought occurs and that it is scary true.

He is Mclewain of the hard court. I

Have we researched who White is a student of in the coaching field? I've not seen another sideline coach like Mike White. At sidecourt, White appears like he's waiting 'til his team arrives for a later game. Passion (whole-heartedly invested) cannot stay dormant, cannot stay hidden -- White seems torporrific? It urks me that White blatently shows exactly all that ain't there .... and IMO, he's transferring that passion-shun to all players -- even one's transferring in from activated programs,??

The above isn't the result just one game. Everybody should know that's the truth. Everybody has watched this for years. Does he think that by just expecting good play from them, they become successfully battle-hardened.? Yeah, with the talent that these guys bring, they may catch fire, but they won't burn bright long. Basketball is a tall man's game in that the best " shorter" guards look & devise to get the ball to the talls in scoring position.

Against FSU I saw Blackshear dish it to his "standing" teammate, then he slid inside with his hands up, yet his teammate didn't even look for that offensive ploy.?? The higher percentage shot is the more desired shpt. White's guys seem stripped of that idea. There seems to be no "landscape idea" that going inside promises more scores, more foul points with the bonus of giving fouls that hamper the opposing players. We have no "landscaped style" that can overwhelm opponents.

If White guides this supertalented crew into duds, then we gotta start thinking what other coaches would do with such players. This dribble doldrums definitely is not for the University of Florida. Don't throw "Chicken Little" at us complainers. All we are talking about is being aware of it being time to look to deciding that there is a better coach out there to drive us to championship play.

I'm actually looking forward to next game showing how White has corrected "things". Coach developing our team.?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
For whatever reason, MW has had that something’s broken look in his eyes for a few years now. Could just be my bifocals, ymmv

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Unacceptable. White has had long enough - too long - to do something that should be relatively easy inside of a half-dozen tries. It's clear that MW sucks as the basketball head coach for the Gators. Draw up the papers, fire up the coaching search. If White was going to get better, especially with good talent on his roster he would have done it by now. Does good in recruiting. Make him recruiting coordinator and get a real basketball coach.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's one of the worst coaches in all of major college basketball. I stopped watching last year bc of how bad he is offensively. It's not fun at all watching. Literally nothing fun about basketball under white.

LOL remember all the talk just a month or so ago about how this was a Final 4 team? How great White will be once he has his players in here? All the transfers out were a good thing because they weren't bought into White's philosophy and they were soft, didn't want to compete, etc. Good times. :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
White is a joke. Said it last year. He is in WAY over his head. Can't blame it on talent but his team is undisciplined, lazy, doesn't play defense and takes god awful shots which is why the fg% is so bad.

Literally nothing fun about basketball under white.

Love of Gators is automatic. Love of coach is dependant on how successful (wins) and fun to watch he makes his team that he's paid $ millions to walk around breathing in campus air, recieve hellos & friendly waves - on & on nice life stuff. Recruiting isn't awful if he gets guys like he did this round. Just getting one or two prep stars is happlness for a coach. What is he doing the hours they aren't practicing? If they have team practices 4 hours each day, what's he doing the other 4 hours? Lord, please don't waste Blacksheare.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's some mutant variation of the dribble drive miss offense. But we have to have at least 5 passes...even Norman Dale thinks this offense sucks.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ok, I’ll preface this by saying that I haven’t read all 7 pages of this thread...so sorry if I’m beating a dead horse...but if Mike White can’t beat Florida ****!ing state in 5 tries, then he needs to go. Fire his pathetic ass. That was unwatchable basketball today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.