Hung with a great team while shooting 36%. Imagine if that number was 45%.
Gator Basketball Best Posts in Thread: Gators lose to Michigan State, 63-59
Page 1 of 2
ALas, if only we weren’t so cheap...we could hire Big time Calimari and instantly all the unstoppable 6’10” and above players would flock to Gainesville. You guys are fooling yourselves.
Mike White has the best back to back class Ever signed at UF. Heck, he’s got more five stars signed than Mullen. Name the time Billy D signed three five stars in a two year period? Now back the fuvvvk off and give him time to develop them. He’ll win plenty, ya turds.
- Like x 5
1) Does White focus at all on offense during practices or is it only defense? From our performances in his tenure, I’m leaning towards the latter.
2) Do we need a new strength coach? Feel like Mike Kent just switched over to basketball. We’ve been soft in the paint for a while now, and Hayes looks like he’s gained 2 lbs since he got here.
3) As much as I love Allen, we have to stop putting the ball in his hands late. I can’t think of a time he’s hit a big shot late but I can remember plenty of misses. Please correct me if my memory is failing me.
4) White does not hold his players accountable for reckless shots. It’s apparent he lets our guys do basically whatever they want on offense and take any contested shot at any point. Start sitting guys like you would when they have a breakdown on defense.
5) FREE THROWS! Cannot continue to shoot 50% from the FT line. Get these guys a sports psychologist or something cuz this is getting ridiculous and it’s already cost us a couple games.
Alright, I feel better now
Yeah Tenn beat Gonzaga just like we BEAT Gonzaga last year. How quickly we forget that and the ELITE 8 predicated by White turning the program around very quickly when it needed new direction after Billy D left. 3 20 win seasons and 2 NCAA tourneys so just about right how we need to be as a program. Top 5 recruiting class SIGNED and coming in next season ALONG with the 3 hot prospects we have as freshman learning this year. White still learning on the job like someone else said. No he is not perfect and neither is any other coach. When we start having losing season and recruiting classes in the 20s and 30s then we can jump off the cliff. Not yet though Gators. Always funny to see the tone and WHO posts in the game threads in the wins vs losses. Not much said positive when we win and then it sounds like we haven't won a game in years in the losses. Stay off the ledge my friends. Go Gators!!
We only had 7 assists for the entire game. That's pathetic and shows little ball movement and a lot of dribbling & one on one play. Add to that 25% shooting 3's, 36^ overall shooting, plus only 58% in FT's and I don't care who you're playing we didn't deserve to win. And playing a Top 10 team close is not a good enough standard for the University of Florida.
Give me a Billy D type who can take a young Wilbekin and develop him into an assassin. Or take Patric Young and convince him to become one of the best defenders UF has seen. Or take an ad-on like Parsons and make him a conference player of the year. I could care less about getting all the 5 stars. If you can coach and develop players you'll be successful.
It took a few years for Billy D to craft his coaching style. I have hopes for coach White. Year 4...these are his recruits now. Next year I expect to see some bigger things happening with the frosh this year and next year.
Patric Young Rivals: 5 Star
Patric Young, 2010 Center - Rivals.com
Patric Young 247: 5 Star
Patric Young, Florida, Center (BK)
Kenny Boynton Rivals: 5 Star
Kenny Boynton, 2009 Shooting guard - Rivals.com
Kenny Boynton 247: 5 Star
Kenny Boynton, Florida, Shooting Guard
Should we go ahead and throw in Chris Walker & Kasey Hill?
One last comment and then I will shut up. When Fooley hired Billy we were a wannabe basketball school with a lame arena and nothing to sell to a coach but an opportunity. Consequently Fooley went for an up and coming young coach and he nailed it. What logic did Fooley apply to think that he should duplicate his search when everything was different? We were a top 10 - 15 program with gobs of wins and banners hanging with a state of the art facility on the way. Why in he!! Did Fooley hire the same profile when he could have pursued an established winner? I guess he was so comfortable shopping at Kmart he didn’t know where else to go. Here we are waiting for a young coach to “learn on the fly” when we really didn’t need to go through the ramp up again. Will we ever get to the point where we are willing to pay for excellence?
Page 1 of 2