Gator Basketball Gators manage 57 points at Kentucky, lose

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Teams that are big and competent to take the ball to the hoop consistently have beaten the Gators all season. It’s the teams that aren’t smart enough to do this that have trouble with the Gators.

Lack of big men is what plagues the Gators more than anything else.

No Stone, no Johnson, no Gak, and Stokes not getting his act together until a week nor so ago has been the #1 problem this year.

Lack of senior leadership and inconsistent play by experienced playmakers is the #2 problem.

Without the freshmen stepping up the way they have, this season would have been even more of a disaster.

I’m going to miss Hayes defense, but wish White had the luxury of him being an off the bench role player instead of the starting center.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mercifully the regular season is over. Mike White should be ashamed for this sh@t show

Agreed but he’s not and neither is Stricklin. They insist that we’re building a program. I don’t have the heart to tell them that we already had a program

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gotta win 1 in the conference tournament. Looks like we'll be the 7 or 8 depending on if Ole Piss can beat Mizzou.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Today is one of a handful of games in 40 years that I chose not to watch. I told my wife before the game that Florida would hang in for most of the game and then lose by 12. I was close

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One more comment and then I will shut up. If we make the tournament they should drug test the selection committee

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
One more comment and then I will shut up. If we make the tournament they should drug test the selection committee
No doubt, this is such a bizzaro season.

Every other time we were a bubble team I was always like "we obviously deserve a bid, but I wonder if we'll get it?"

This year it's more like "there's no effing way we should get a bid, but I wonder if they are actually crazy enough to give us one?"

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
No doubt, this is such a bizzaro season.

Every other time we were a bubble team I was always like "we obviously deserve a bid, but I wonder if we'll get it?"

This year it's more like "there's no effing way we should get a bid, but I wonder if they are actually crazy enough to give us one?"
The year after winning it for the 2nd time was ridiculous that we didn't make the tournament.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
It’s sad that a thread about us playing Kentucky when we’re on the bubble has the same amount of posts as a thread about something called the AAF.
This fact speaks to the pessimism about this year’s team. It’s been a long time since a Gator basketball team has been this frustrating. I was out of the house, looked up the halftime score, and said they’ll blow it. Not a shock that they lost yet again.
For perspective- my wife and I chose to do our taxes during the game, and I feel filing taxes was less painful than watching this year’s team.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
A post season bid would be just another opportunity to further embarrass a once great program. MW can't be gone soon enough to suit me. The "building a program" stuff is lame as hell and I can't believe anyone can watch this pathetic team and think anything good is going to come of this mess. But sadly, it seems that at least one more year of this crap is inevitable. However, this is one train wreck I CAN bring myself to turn away from, and so I shall.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why do fans always hate the white players?

Since nobody else did, I will answer my own question.
The reason is that we have become such a race sensitive country that people are afraid to say they hate a black player because they will be labeled a racist.
This started about 8-9 years ago. I will let you figure out for yourself who caused this to happen

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Since nobody else did, I will answer my own question.
The reason is that we have become such a race sensitive country that people are afraid to say they hate a black player because they will be labeled a racist.
This started about 8-9 years ago. I will let you figure out for yourself who caused this to happen
I hate lebron james.

We're NIT bound.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow Stokes with his first ever dunk at UF! Hayes was a monster inside and as Mick Hubert was saying on the radio that he should have gone to the ft line about 12 times as he was hacked all game long. Mick also commented that this was one of the WORST reffing jobs he has EVER seen. UK shot 21 more fts than UF, certainly home cooking all the way. He said if the Refs call the game even then the Gators would have won by 10+ points because we were winning the inside battle and actually outscored UK inside by 10 points. Hayes finishing off his senior season in a good way for him averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds the last 10 games. Hayes the ONLY UF player to have 60 blocks in 3 straight seasons and is #2 on the all time UF block shot list surprisingly doing it mostly by heart and hustle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow Stokes with his first ever dunk at UF! Hayes was a monster inside and as Mick Hubert was saying on the radio that he should have gone to the ft line about 12 times as he was hacked all game long. Mick also commented that this was one of the WORST reffing jobs he has EVER seen. UK shot 21 more fts than UF, certainly home cooking all the way. He said if the Refs call the game even then the Gators would have won by 10+ points because we were winning the inside battle and actually outscored UK inside by 10 points. Hayes finishing off his senior season in a good way for him averaging 10 points and 6 rebounds the last 10 games. Hayes the ONLY UF player to have 60 blocks in 3 straight seasons and is #2 on the all time UF block shot list surprisingly doing it mostly by heart and hustle.
Since all the haters and complainers you called out all year were right, are you going to apologize to them?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can argue that plateaus are going to happen, but you can't remain there this long, not at this venue. The excuses are wearing thin.

White either produces better next season or he needs to be gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.