Gators remain on track

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I predicted 9-3 at worst or 10-2 at best. We remain on track. I saw LSU and Georgia as the most likely losses and Missouri if we had a third.

Mullen is not getting fired. Grantham will only leave of his own choice.

We lost by 7. One really bad call and one blown coverage resulted in 14 of their 24 points. We didn’t play well but still had a shot.

We’ll close strong and win 10..maybe 11. Many of you apparently had us a lock to win the East, the SEC and the NC and are disappointed it won’t happen. I’m disappointed and I had no expectation of it happening. But I like the direction we are heading. Losing to 2 of maybe the top 6 teams in the Nation is not a signal to panic.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Im with you. I think we finish 10-2. If the bowl goes our way, we finish 11-2. Personally, an 11-2 finish will have us ending the season ahead of the dwags who I think lose 1 before the sec championship game and will most certainly lose to either lswho or bama.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
On track to do what? We are told that we would never get the recruiting going until the results on the field improve. Well it looks like we peaked with our current recruiting level at a ceiling of 10 wins. We play LSU, UGA every freaking year. They both significantly out talent us. We play an additional west opponent every year.

What are your ultimate expectations here? Are you happy with second to third place in the east every year? Because we sure are not doing anything to improve on that record.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree we're still on course for my expectations before the season started, I figured we'd go 10-2 in the regular season losing to LSU and UGA, I can't say I'm happy with the direction of the program when recruiting doesn't seem to be getting better and our coaches are making really dumb in-game decisions and failed to even be ready for this game after having two weeks to prepare. How do you come out on the opening drive of the game and have to burn 2 time outs due to coaches taking too long to get the right calls and personnel on the field? After 2 weeks of preparation? Who, and I mean all who's, not just coaches, I'm including fans and people who know nothing about football, calls for a squib kick when you're down by 7 and the clock is low on time? That made zero sense for the circumstances. It burned too much clock, and gave UGA good field position. Either kick a normal on-sides kick so we have at least a snowball's chance in hell to recover it, or kick it through the endzone so no clock runs off and UGA has to start at the 25. Also, if you aren't confident in your OLine being able to get you 1/2 a yard on a 4th down QB keeper, you punt and pin the opponent deep. You don't go empty backfield and try a long developing pass play.:headslap:Especially when it's your first drive and the score is 0-0 in a top 10 match up. You DON'T risk getting stuffed and giving your opponent great field position so early in the game. That was monumentally stupid. It was like Mullen came into this game thinking we can't win unless we steal a score/possession somewhere.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
No one is ever happy after a close loss to uga. If you cannot see the trajectory of this team and program after the lost decade then you are revising history. Of course anyone defending any part of this football program loves losing but the talent/depth gap is pretty wide but our coaching certainly narrowed it if you watched the games. I certainly hope we get a bunch of great linemen on both sides of the ball in recruiting but I want kids that WANT to be gators..............

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
It was like Mullen came into this game thinking we can't win unless we steal a score/possession somewhere.

Not only was it “like” that. It was EXACTLY that. Which is why all the crazy play calls that made no sense. All Gambles in an attempt to catch Georgia off guard and steal a big play somewhere.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
11-2 is still very much in play, which is absolutely what we all more or less agreed the ceiling was this year. Our brand is back on track, as well. Things are looking up, even if yesterday was frustrating as hell.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Im with you. I think we finish 10-2. If the bowl goes our way, we finish 11-2. Personally, an 11-2 finish will have us ending the season ahead of the dwags who I think lose 1 before the sec championship game and will most certainly lose to either lswho or bama.
We could win the rest of our games and they could lose the rest of theirs and we still can't end the season ahead of the fukin' dwags. These moral victory threads are beyond embarrassing.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I agree we're heading in the right direction, for now. I don't know if "on track" is completely accurate. This doesn't have a ton to do with yesterday's loss (maybe a little). I'm more concerned with the lack of improvement in recruiting and the AD's willingness to slow-roll the football facilities & housing, which probably account for part of our recruiting struggles. I think the first phone call should be to Seider that starts with, "I owe you a huge apology..."

If DM is willing to address the lack of coaching and recruiting at RB and Safety, I'll feel better about the leadership's ability to make the hard choices. I know this affects coaches' livelihood and families, but they get paid enough to either produce or step aside.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We could win the rest of our games and they could lose the rest of theirs and we still can't end the season ahead of the fukin' dwags. These moral victory threads are beyond embarrassing.
That is technically incorrect. If we win out, and UGA loses out, we win the East. We would have 2 SEC losses (LSU, UGA), but they would have 3 (SC, aTm, and Barn). That said, a 2 loss SEC team will never be allowed in the play-offs, so best case scenario would be we sneak in an SEC Championship (hahahahahaha), but miss out on the play-offs.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
People are going to try point to a 7 point loss and think we are closer than we really are. We had 3 points and negative rushing yards in the 4th period. We ain't close folks. Don't kid yourselves. I like Dan and he's done a good job but anyone expecting SEC titles or more from him is setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment. He'll get us out of the hole we were in and make us respectable but that is his ceiling. He's 9-5 in conference so far. He was 33-39 at MSU(I know it doesn't count) but this is who we hired. And that's ok. I like him for the most part outside of him crapping the bed yesterday. I'm comfortably numb.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

are you still drunk? They finish 10-3. We finish 11-2. We end the season ahead of them. Their remaining schedule isn’t cupcakes. And I’m not counting the possibility of a bowl loss.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We were dominated from start to finish yesterday in all facets of the game by a slightly above average UGA team. We will not be “on track” until we start recruiting at an elite level and make some changes to the coaching staff.

I want to win championships, not finish 2nd in the East.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
On track to do what? We are told that we would never get the recruiting going until the results on the field improve. Well it looks like we peaked with our current recruiting level at a ceiling of 10 wins. We play LSU, UGA every freaking year. They both significantly out talent us. We play an additional west opponent every year.

What are your ultimate expectations here? Are you happy with second to third place in the east every year? Because we sure are not doing anything to improve on that record.

On track to do as I had predicted...10-3 or 11-2. Some may have had us undefeated this year...I expected 2-3 losses. I’m just not as shocked at a 2 loss season as most are.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We were dominated from start to finish yesterday in all facets of the game by a slightly above average UGA team. We will not be “on track” until we start recruiting at an elite level and make some changes to the coaching staff.

I want to win championships, not finish 2nd in the East.

And yet, Georgia is saying the same thing right?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unless anybody thought that getting from where we were to winning championships was a flick of the switch where we got better overnight, then we are certainly on the right track. If you don't agree it takes time, then I don't know what to tell you. Butters bumbled his way into winning the east when it was the absolute worst its ever been just so we could get demolished by every good team we play. Then we won 4 games in his third year. Anybody who thinks the current team is no better than Butter's dog poo needs to have their head examined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator