Gator Basketball Gators score 51 points in 2nd half to topple #1-seeded LSU

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
So proud of our guys today. Still not sold on White in the slightest but I really respect the fight and the determination that we showed on the court today even with the game looking hopeless for much of the time. It feels good to be a Gator as always!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks man, I like this one too to pat my own back:

Dumbazzes are still saying LSU lost the game in the first half because they should have been up by 20 at half. How, were we supposed to shoot zero percent from 3 and FT line?

Huge win for Mike White. Maybe he's a baller when it's tourney time after all? Certainly bought himself some goodwill today.

This was a great win today, but to some extent that is true. Anyone who watched the first half knew it should have been a 20 point game at half, but mostly due to LSU's lack of basketball IQ it was not a 20 point game. To the Gator's credit, they took advantage of it, stayed engaged and kept pushing in the 2nd half until they got over the top. Regardless of this game today, I said this about LSU 2 weeks ago. They have more than enough physical skill to win the entire tourney in April, but they are going to be my pick for the first 2 or 3 seed to exit b/c they have to be one of the dumbest 25 win teams I have seen in a long time. They have almost an unlimited ceiling, yet they seem to want to play along the ground most of the time!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Just watched it about 10 times in a row.
Mick's call on the radio was memorable...........
Coach had a nice game plan and had everyone involved. 5 in double digits scoring?
When I saw that near the end of the game I thought "an 04's game" They all averaged in double figures and our big sub was close.
No....Coach isn’t going away anytime soon.
He never was. Look what he did with two really talented 6 5 freshman. All I can say is wait till next year..........
Now, does Mike White still suck...........asking for a friend..............of course that was not for you Marine.........I know where you stand.
Game analysis later............

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Mick's call on the radio was memorable...........

When I saw that near the end of the game I thought "an 04's game" They all averaged in double figures and our big sub was close.

He never was. Look what he did with two really talented 6 5 freshman. All I can say is wait till next year..........
Now, does Mike White still suck...........asking for a friend..............of course that was not for you Marine.........I know where you stand.
Game analysis later............
I have been very hopeful and also very critical. There is nothing better I would like to do than eat a large plate of crow about Coach Mike White! That will simply mean the GATORS are doing great!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have been very hopeful and also very critical. There is nothing better I would like to do than eat a large plate of crow about Coach Mike White! That will simply mean the GATORS are doing great!
Im gonna go on for awhile here. I will admit I turn away sometimes with the offensive offense. But the SOB does more with less. If the other team struggles to score and we keep it close we are in the game. He has two Sr guards that just did not give us the offense we thought they would this year. We had one experience big (undersized) to go against much bigger teams all year and we had two 6 5 freshman to go with it. But they ALL played tough def no matter what was going on. If we have one big like we played against this year with most teams we are no where near a bubble and top 15 for sure. If those big recruits come in next year and buy into playing def. with the boys we will still have this is gonna be a TOUGH ass team next year.........I am surprised they got to the semis in the SEC tourney after the bad start this year. But when we say bad start they were in almost EVERY Game at the end..........Johnson is turning into a star and Nemhard played his ass of this year and performed extremely well for one so young at the point. We just need a few horses.........thats it.
LSU had a good game plan. Attack the basket. Get an up tempo game going and exploit our size. It worked. But our boys just kept grinding and shooting. Hell, if we just hit a few more threes in the first half we are winning early. But there was no quit in our boys and the pressure finally got to lsu. We shot HORRIBLE in the first half and were still in the game. .... Defense my friends. Just as important as offense and when shots dont fall you can still play big boy def. I like our chances now. We play a team like lsu loaded with size and skill and play them dead even three times............II dont think our boys will be intimidated and like the boss says.......if we hit some shots we can win. I love how Johnson is taking it to the rim now..............

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
This was a great win today, but to some extent that is true. Anyone who watched the first half knew it should have been a 20 point game at half, but mostly due to LSU's lack of basketball IQ it was not a 20 point game. To the Gator's credit, they took advantage of it, stayed engaged and kept pushing in the 2nd half until they got over the top. Regardless of this game today, I said this about LSU 2 weeks ago. They have more than enough physical skill to win the entire tourney in April, but they are going to be my pick for the first 2 or 3 seed to exit b/c they have to be one of the dumbest 25 win teams I have seen in a long time. They have almost an unlimited ceiling, yet they seem to want to play along the ground most of the time!
Agree. But that freshman Naz Reid is tremendous. Can handle the ball, shoot the 3, play power ball inside, rebound, defend. To me an NBA lottery pick in a couple of months.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I mentioned before the tournament the bracket is laid out perfectly for us. We can take SCAR or the barn. The only concern now is tired legs in the third game in three days.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Im gonna go on for awhile here. I will admit I turn away sometimes with the offensive offense. But the SOB does more with less. If the other team struggles to score and we keep it close we are in the game. He has two Sr guards that just did not give us the offense we thought they would this year. We had one experience big (undersized) to go against much bigger teams all year and we had two 6 5 freshman to go with it. But they ALL played tough def no matter what was going on. If we have one big like we played against this year with most teams we are no where near a bubble and top 15 for sure. If those big recruits come in next year and buy into playing def. with the boys we will still have this is gonna be a TOUGH ass team next year.........I am surprised they got to the semis in the SEC tourney after the bad start this year. But when we say bad start they were in almost EVERY Game at the end..........Johnson is turning into a star and Nemhard played his ass of this year and performed extremely well for one so young at the point. We just need a few horses.........thats it.
LSU had a good game plan. Attack the basket. Get an up tempo game going and exploit our size. It worked. But our boys just kept grinding and shooting. Hell, if we just hit a few more threes in the first half we are winning early. But there was no quit in our boys and the pressure finally got to lsu. We shot HORRIBLE in the first half and were still in the game. .... Defense my friends. Just as important as offense and when shots dont fall you can still play big boy def. I like our chances now. We play a team like lsu loaded with size and skill and play them dead even three times............II dont think our boys will be intimidated and like the boss says.......if we hit some shots we can win. I love how Johnson is taking it to the rim now..............
Absolutely one of your best posts ever!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
USCe
I kinda dislike that SC coach............he kept us from the FF not long ago. He is a good coach. I know this is horrible but I like big old pearl. He has so much passion and reminds me of the dad on The Goldbergs...........
I think the SC coach is a good coach however his teams are painful to watch, I had rather go to the dentist. Pearl is very likable but ethically I think he is on the wrong side of the street.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who would you rather play, Barn or Scar? I would go with Scar.

Me too. Auburn typically can’t shoot away from home but they seem to be fine in Nashville. Scar is limited talent wise so if you play smart you win besides the guys owe SCAR something

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
USCe
I kinda dislike that SC coach............he kept us from the FF not long ago. He is a good coach. I know this is horrible but I like big old pearl. He has so much passion and reminds me of the dad on The Goldbergs...........

I feel just the opposite. Pearl makes me ill I have liked Frank since he coached Haslem in high school in Miami. Frank is an old school coach in a snowflake era

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I feel just the opposite. Pearl makes me ill I have liked Frank since he coached Haslem in high school in Miami. Frank is an old school coach in a snowflake era
Me and my buddy were talking about Frank. Did he coach those boys that Sloan brought in that year from Miami High? They didnt stay long cause Sloan and the PG almost fought or did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator