Gator Basketball Gators score 51 points in 2nd half to topple #1-seeded LSU

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HUGE WIN by our Gators and gets us IN to the NCAA Tourney and that is just where you simply want to be so these guys can get more experience on the big stage. Great coaching by White for their halftime adjustments as we were able to come back in a big way with 51 points and yet again stellar defense by our guys. KJ another double double and Neb with the 3 pointer that will give him more confidence and cement his lore in Gators SEC Tourney history. What a play drawn up by White for the game winner. Something he said they practice all the time with different players. Go Gators!!

:chomp::chomp::chomp:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You seem to have your years mixed up pretty badly. Haslem and Brent Wright were recruited by Billy in 1998. The player Sloan fought with in the middle 80’s was Jose Ramos. You are off by over a decade

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Andrew’s shot was huge and will be remembered for years to come.

Every bit as big was Kevarious shot. Pressure situation, facing the basket and he knocks it down. Absolutely clutch!

Coach has him playing the best ball of his career. Nice time to peak.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You seem to have your years mixed up pretty badly. Haslem and Brent Wright were recruited by Billy in 1998. The player Sloan fought with in the middle 80’s was Jose Ramos. You are off by over a decade

This reply was meant for stephenPE. Sorry for my operator error

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I knew he gave us Haslem and Wright but thought he coached back then. also but now I remember the name I think. Shaky Rodriquez?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Best ball movement on the 2nd half I've seen all season. They could make some noise if they keep that up.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
USCe
I kinda dislike that SC coach............he kept us from the FF not long ago. He is a good coach. I know this is horrible but I like big old pearl. He has so much passion and reminds me of the dad on The Goldbergs...........

pearl is a convicted cheater and liar. How can you like him? ol booby was a prince of a guy too, amirite?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I knew he gave us Haslem and Wright but thought he coached back then. also but now I remember the name I think. Shaky Rodriquez?

You are correct. I was so excited when Sloan recruited Ramos and a player named Caesar Portillo from Miami. They were both big time recruits and I was surprised Sloan was able to get them both .
Fast forward a year and Portillo was ineligible for cheating on his SAT and Ramos was gone for being a completely uncoachable a$$hole
It was then that I realized why Sloan was able to recruit them. The traditional powers knew better than to take a chance on the clowns

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We get the Barn and Coach's man crush. :lol:
Their bench scores a lot of points. They had 23 today vs USCe and 26 vs Gators in our earlier loss to them @ Auburn. We had 4 off the bench today and 23 when we played them, but Spidey and Hudson came off the bench in that game to score 15. We need to shut that bench down!
:chomp:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
images
9113785.jpg

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Shaky was somewhat of a legend in Miami HS circles though sketchy. Frank played for him in HS and later Shaky brought Frank onto his HS staff. He built his career from there. I’ve always liked Frank Martin. Very intense guy but loves his players.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Heck, watching the football team go crazy after the shot I think those recruits hanging around couldn't help being moved by the camaraderie exhibited.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hayes FT shooting has gotten much better and he hit that shot ( a little closer) earlier in the game...........

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These Gators are just so tough, they don't give up, and they just fight like friggin heck. Defense especially in the 2nd half yet again was so physical and in your face. The offense was pretty dynamic to with set plays like the Neb to KJ alley opp which is a set play called by White. Really looking forward to that in the future as Neb and KJ have a great connection going. Our coaching adjustments in the 2nd half really showed out and our offense was very fluid as seen with the 51 points scored. LSU doesn't have a good defense and White recognized the weaknesses in that and we were able to hit shots and get to the ft line. Our 3 seniors have really turned it on here too which is great to see. Hayes huge again with heart and hustle with 11 points and 8 rebounds. Allen and Hudson combined for 25 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals. KJ stellar once again with 16 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals. Neb hit the 3 to win it on the set play by White. Neb had 20 points, 4 rebounds, and 6 assists. He is already shown he can be money as a freshman so our future is bright with him. Our guys made the plays down the stretch to pull out the huge win to get us to 19 wins. Our starters played a ton of minutes so our bench is gonna have to come through with some tough play and make some shots. Auburn is a team that likes to run and gun and shoot alot of 3s so we are going to have to be ready for that. Go Gators!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Next Victim!!! I guess that coach had nothing to do with our increased focus and better play, after all we should fire him.

In that regard TAM fired their coach today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator