Gator Basketball Gators squeak by 8-12 Vanderbilt by six points

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I admit I have not watched any of the game and just am keeping up from this site. But seriously Mick Hubert is a boob and is nothing but a homer and a terrible play by play guy/ Come on @Jbossgator8 , we are playing one of the worst teams in the country who has not won a conference game in years and you want to complain about the refs. Even @rogdochar is critiquing the game based on what the team can control. Every game it is the same thing with many of you guys and the refs. That is nothing but an excuse for the players and for Mike's inadequacies.

I’m sure you’re a better play-by-play guy. Adding to the list of things you excel at :lol:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy hasnt been able to hit 3s all night and now they hit 4 in a row to get the lead to 6 to complete their comeback victory

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
6 pt game!!!!
Vandy can do this. 18 pt lead with 9 min to play. U der 4 timeout

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
unbelievable, I actually thought we had this one.
How stupid of me

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Blackshear launching 3 pointers like he’s ****ing glen rice . Christ in a cracker white, tell the big man to take it down low and get easy buckets and free throws

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Vandy hasnt been able to hit 3s all night and now they hit 4 in a row to get the lead to 6 to complete their comeback victory

Assuming it is not the refs fault that is allowing Vandy to make these 3's, the only question I have is are they wide open 3's or is the defense contesting them with a hand in their face? Teams will make shots, all you can do is contest them. If they are wide open then I would agree it is a problem.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming it is not the refs fault that is allowing Vandy to make these 3's, the only question I have is are they wide open 3's or is the defense contesting them with a hand in their face? Teams will make shots, all you can do is contest them. If they are wide open then I would agree it is a problem.
wide open

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crap win but we will take it. Go Gators!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing Vandy was without best scorer Nesmith at 23 ppg? I imagine he would change Vandy's game effectiveness.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m prepared to state Mann is not in a slump.....or it’s the longest slump in history. He just can’t shoot. He is playing better in other aspects but he can’t shoot. He needs to reconstruct his shot.

Lewis got his 3rd rebound in 3 games as well as had yet another game with more air balls than dunks.

Payne was awol. Not sure why.

Glover plays with the most confidence....even exceeding his talent.

White sat on a lead again....which never goes well for us.

I’m all in on the criticism of White. But I cannot give all these players a pass. It’s time to step up.

Thank God for KJ. He’s our best player.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense actually stepped up in this game thankfully. We were able to force 17 turnovers and only had 7 of our own so that is good on the road regardless of the opponent. Vandy's leading scorer averages 17 points a game in SEC play and we held him to 11 points on 4-12 shooting, 0-4 on 3s and he had 6 turnovers. As for the Gators, Mann is in a freshman shooting funk as he was 1-6 shooting. Hopefully he gets better for next year if he doesn't transfer when we get a new coach. KJ saved the day with 20 points and 7 rebounds. Locke with another great shooting night with 17 points. Blackshear mugged all night on his way to 6 points and 7 rebounds. Payne playing like a freshman and not active around the basket and blocked out just about every time. You can see that the scouting report is updated and out on him so he has to adjust. All in all, it was a must win against a garbage opponent but a much needed win nonetheless. Explain it away all you like as it goes down as a win. Should have been a blowout and obviously it will not save White's job as he will be gone at season's end with more losses to come.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that FF would have this team in the top 10 and looking like a Billy D type coached team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb