Gator Basketball Gators squeak by 8-12 Vanderbilt by six points

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FF finds a way to say that every coach and team is terrible and that they win in spite of the coaching and players.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
These Gators won by too slim of a margin against a team most SEC teams will trounce.
Our passing is too tentative like there is no urgency to get an advantaged drive started. Let's help their defense to keep us blanketed?

Still, our rebounders are wandering here-there when a teammate's shot goes up. Wait for bigs to take positions.
We need to develop a hypersonic speed dribbler. (Like Chiozza?)
We need to push more backdoor drives. Just keep their defense worried & stumbling.
We need one 6'5"+ coach to teach "real inside play" ... to show butt-positioning, to bang around for rebounds that don't happen to fall in your lap.
Work the ball around faster.
I can't think. White can't think. I want a million dollars $$$.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mick Hubert beside himself on the radio with all the horrible foul calls against us this half. White yelling at the refs during the timeout.
OH MY!!!!
Blackshear launching 3 pointers like he’s ****ing glen rice
Glen was a badazzzz almost ReggieMillerish from long range.
White isn't the most dynamic guy but Stackhouse seems like a drone
Stack is shell shocked by all the losses and losing his stud. He looks miserable.
There is nothing FF does not excel at. Darn shame more people do not take him seriously.
:trump:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Once again this team shows the same issues. We play pretty well is short spots but lack a killer instinct and allow others to get back in the game. We can push the ball, go inside, and do other things that some say we can't or don't. The issue is we are not very good at doing any of those things consistently. Why I don't know, but I don't think it is only the coach since sometimes we do display the activities we all want to see.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our players just have to get around White to fulfill their all-star potential ... get around White by using 'detourmination'
What if Locke can keep hitting 3s at that ratio? Do not know why Payne got only 6 minutes PT? I think Blackshear is given more room when Payne is in with him. I have a big worry that White will "turn off" our rookies with his petulant pouting? What thinking tells a coach to sit a 6'10" center? illness? injury?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I’m prepared to state Mann is not in a slump.....or it’s the longest slump in history. He just can’t shoot. He is playing better in other aspects but he can’t shoot. He needs to reconstruct his shot.

Lewis got his 3rd rebound in 3 games as well as had yet another game with more air balls than dunks.

Payne was awol. Not sure why.

Glover plays with the most confidence....even exceeding his talent.

White sat on a lead again....which never goes well for us.

I’m all in on the criticism of White. But I cannot give all these players a pass. It’s time to step up.

Thank God for KJ. He’s our best player.
Agreed...and who recruited these players and coaches then

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
White has made me a big whinoserous.

Nembhard = 3 of 9 on 2 pt FGs & 1-2 on 3s. = 4-11
Blackshear =2-9
** Tre Mann = 1-6
Lewis = 1-5 >>> that's 31 shots from 4 guys with 8 baskets. = 26% shooting. White needs to have those guys have some realization to get the ball to the hot shooters or work for clearer & closer shots. That continued low % shooting time-passage, right there would give us a loss against a semi-decent team, yet White seems oblivious to the loser timing trade-off.
Our HOT shooters = KJohnson 7-11 (20 pts) ... Locke 5-8 (17 pts) ... that's 12-19 at 63% shooting.

And Payne played only 4 minutes and that's why Mann & Glover got those chances to miss most of their shots.
Did Payne get punished by a pouting White? Gotta have a smart reason to hold out your 6'10" center. White hurt Payne, hurt Blackshear, and hurt the whole team. Perhaps White has a glitch in his brain that does not recognize the deadline when it's too late to be able to catch up to win.
There's a real brain glitch like that. Example, your daughter needs to be in the office by 8:30. She lives 45 minutes' drive away. But she doesn't consider herself late when she's still at home at 8:15 because 8:30 is late. If White has this brain flaw, he just cannot be a head coach.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

They've really turned on him and won't stop the rest of the season. No coach stays long once the media starts clamoring for a change. Barring a deep NCAA tournament run (or an SEC Championship in the conference tournament), White's days are numbered.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I really wanted to ask why Blackshear is 0-3 and still throwing 3pt attempts, so I looked at the last 5 games and he's 8-19 (42%). Seems I need to keep my mouth shut.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I really wanted to ask why Blackshear is 0-3 and still throwing 3pt attempts, so I looked at the last 5 games and he's 8-19 (42%). Seems I need to keep my mouth shut.
Is that coaching in today's era? Clang three after three from the top of the key but still allows them as the game winds. I just don't understand this coach........yes I do, his ego won't allow him to critically analyse himself. His teams never adjust to the opponent or their own level of talent.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
And Payne played only 4 minutes and that's why Mann & Glover got those chances to miss most of their shots.
Did Payne get punished by a pouting White? Gotta have a smart reason to hold out your 6'10" center. White hurt Payne, hurt Blackshear, and hurt the whole team. Perhaps White has a glitch in his brain that does not recognize the deadline when it's too late to be able to catch up to win.
He's been getting less and less minutes since his monster performance against Auburn. Must have done something wrong.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Same old chit stew!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Must have done something wrong.

For sure Sam, White has told everybody: "They all play too soft." White's 'coaching' Payne into playing aggressively by not letting him play but 4 minutes/game! {Of course, I know nothing. So Payne could have a temporary injury or ailment?) He played so little, I didn't notice. Besides, we have to watch closely for Vandy's impending "catch-up"?

The broadcasters know about White's current tenuous situation, so their cameras should show the bench in spots. That should give some bits of evidence on the "spirit" of the team, of the coaching..? All the ways that this team is observed by fans & CBB-analysts, it's haphazard performance cannot be understood...? I have never heard such defining "coach-doubts" broadcasted over the air before...?

Coach White got top-talent recruits and his lack of coaching-talent is all that showed up ... by us being showed up in too many games, by less talented athletes.?? Such a revelation exposes that our UF BBall Program summons up only the despair.

I like what KJohnson & Locke did versus Vandy. Get Payne back to 10 ppg & rebounds he brings ... drive home how to react to get open for quicker passes ... bench guys when they repeat hurtful actions & lecture them a BBall lesson. HC-White, make this team functional -- stop making these 'stars' dysfunctional. Hell, White's making me dysfunctional.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
his ego won't allow him to critically analyse himself.

I first noticed that two years ago, and that’s the main feature I’ve seen in every press conference after a loss since then. There’s the coach speaky language of accountability but it’s really all just a cover for his incessant blaming of the players and referees. Runs in the family. Maybe he can just start claiming victories, putting up banners, and painting cop cars.

Every day Strickland does not fire him, I lose a little hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.