Gator Basketball Gators squeak by horrendous Vanderbilt in closing minutes

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is at home tonight in a game that will surely be a fight for their postseason and NCAA Tournament lives!!!! Play on fire with confidence and swagger. Beat Vanderbilt into oblivion for once.

Time: 9 PM
TV: ESPNU

Go Gators!!!!!!!!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
How much are we picked to lose by this time?

Really, I don't see us getting to the big dance. We'll be going to what my son refers to as the "Not Invited Tournament". Probably.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Those saying UF has a chance to get into the NCAA tournament are delusional or haven't watched this team play very much. They have a shot at the NIT, but I doubt they can finish with a winning record to qualify.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those saying UF has a chance to get into the NCAA tournament are delusional or haven't watched this team play very much. They have a shot at the NIT, but I doubt they can finish with a winning record to qualify.

I agree that any tournament talk at this point is meaningless. Our only goal should be to try and finish with at least a 500 record. If we are to finish at 500, this is a game we must win. We have 8 games left and I cannot find more than 4 possible wins remaining and this is one of them. It is entirely possible that we do not win another game.
A lost season that cannot end soon enough....................

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I love UF basketball. I’ll watch again. But damn, watching a White coached team is like being punched in the balls for 2 hours.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
What happened to the Elite 8 team from 2 years ago? Has the talent level changed that much? Did opponents figure out what White is doing (not that it’s a difficult scheme)? It was working better... what happened?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What happened to the Elite 8 team from 2 years ago? Has the talent level changed that much? Did opponents figure out what White is doing (not that it’s a difficult scheme)? It was working better... what happened?

Mike White happened.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy is possibly the worst team in the conference. if UF cannot win tonight, White should be not be allowed back into the locker room after the final buzzer.

making the NIT would be charity

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

Probably the same reason why Billy went 16 - 17 in 2014/15 a year after going 36 - 3.

It happens.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Did Billy Donovan "happen" between 2014 and 2015?

He went from 36-3 to 16-17.

People seem to forget the regression he had for a season or two just like how ppl love spurrier but forget the fact he had a losing record against FSU

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Probably the same reason why Billy went 16 - 17 in 2014/15 a year after going 36 - 3.

It happens.

Looking at what we lost and our freshmen this team should be better than it is. We really only lost 2 big contributors considering Egbunu's situation.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Really, I don't see us getting to the big dance.
_pdp_sq_

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have lost 6 of the last 7 vs Vandy and Bryce Drew. We just don't match up well with them at all and they always hit lucky timely shots vs UF. Vandy is 0-10 in the SEC but that doesn't matter when they play us. We are favored by 10 points but we can easily lose this game. Idk if our guys will be up for this game since Vandy is horrible. We will see how it goes. Go Gators!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Florida is at home tonight in a game that will surely be a fight for their postseason and NCAA Tournament lives!!!! Play on fire with confidence and swagger. Beat Vanderbilt into oblivion for once.

Time: 9 PM
TV: ESPNU

Go Gators!!!!!!!!!

This will be quite telling. Vandy is terrible. But the Vandy coach Bryce Drew has long had White's number. Throw in that this team can lose to anyone and you have a very perplexing game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Winning this one won't improve our chances of making the tourney, but losing it will slam the door shut. If we can somehow go 5-3 down the stretch, that will put us at 9-9 in the conference and 17-14 overall. I think we could sneak in with a win or two in the SECT at that point seeing how the Pac 12 is staggeringly bad and might only have one bid this year. Lots of weak bubble teams out there that haven't played the schedule we have. It all starts tonight, though.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Vandy is possibly the worst team in the conference. if UF cannot win tonight, White should be not be allowed back into the locker room after the final buzzer.

making the NIT would be charity

Possibly???? Vandy sports a stout 0-10 record. in SEC play this year. In words that is ZERO wins and TEN losses, i,e, WINLESS. Vandy is horrendous. Which leads me to the SEC in general which many thought was the best bball conference this year. Well I have seen all the teams play and here is my view. Vandy, A&M, Mizzou, UGly and ARK are horrendous. UF, USCe, Bama, are below average. MSU, Ole Piss and AUB are avg. to above avg and LSU UK and UT are good, to very good to very very good. That does not sound like the top bball conference to me. Either way this should be an easy win on paper, but they do not play the games on paper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb